Bali Pass Trek From Dehradun
Bali Pass is a beautiful trek in the Uttarakhand region and one of the only trek that offers breathtaking views of peaks like Bandarpooch, Kalanag and Swaragarohini from a close distance.
- Dehradun to Dehradun transportation included.
- Visit the Jaunsari villages with pretty wooden houses.
- Lush Green meadow of Dev Thatch. Picturesque Ruinsara Lake.
- Wonderful views of Kala Nag, Swargarohini & Banderpoonch and other Himalayan peaks.
- Visit the sacred Yamunotri Temple.
- Crossing the high altitude Bali Pass.
Note: This option is only available for departures on 7th May 2019
Why Choose This?
- No Hidden Charges: All inclusive price with no hassle of paying on multiple occasions during the trip.
- Fixed Departures: All available dates on the calendar are bookable.
- Low Batch Requirement: Guaranteed departure for even a 2-member group.
- Small Convenient Batch size: The convenience of a small batch size for best service quality. Maximum of 12 members per group.
- Road Transportation: All road transportation after the reporting point is included in the cost. Trekking group travels together comfortably.
- Tented Accommodation: 2 people per tent throughout the trek. We use tents from international brand Vango Halo 300, weather tested beyond the European standard EN5912.
Bali Pass was an old trekking route from the tons river valley to the Yamuna river valley. It continues to attract trekkers during the season when the snow melts and the pass are approachable from both sides. The pass is more approachable from the Har Ki Dun valley as the gradient is small and gives good time for the trekkers to acclimatize to the altitude.
The trek starts from Sankri and passes through the Govind National Park, which is famous for its wildflowers. It also gives you an opportunity to visit the sacred lake at Ruinsara on the way and to explore the less travelled path over Yamunotri pass to Yamunotri temple. The meadows near the lake are an ideal place to rest and explore the nearby peaks and passes. Another highlight of this trek is that it gives you the experience of camping above 4000 m. The area is surrounded by the Banderpoonch range and some of the famous peaks are Kalanag, Banderpoonch west and Ruinsara. This region was made popular by Jack Gibson, a teacher at the Doon school in the late 1940s. The surrounding peaks and glaciers in the Swargarohini Range and Banderpoonch range are a mountaineer's delight.
Day 1: Dehradun to Sankri (1920 m) | 210 km - 7 hours drive
- The drive from Dehradoon to Sankri passes through the town of Mussoorie and the villages of Nainbagh, Damta, Naugaon, Purola, Mori and Netwar.
- You will enter the forest (Govind National Park) after Netwar and the final 20 km is through the forest.
- You will be staying overnight in guest houses in Sankri.
Day 2: Sankri (1920 m) to Seema (2560 m)via Taluka (1800 m) | 12 km - 4 hours trek
- There is a motorable road connecting Sankri to Taluka but the walk through the forest is also delightful. However, the path is a bit tricky and you may face blocks.
- Taluka is a small village with some shops, dhabas and a GMVN hotel. You will cross taluka and continue along the left of the river.
- It is a lovely walk passing through forests, apple orchards and fields. There are many small tea shops on the way. The town of Seema has many dhabas and a GMVN hotel.
- You will be camping alongside the river or on the open grounds near the village.
Day 3: Seema (2560 m) to Roiltia or Waterfall Camp (2900 m) | 4 km - 4 hours trek
- Continue along the true right of the valley along the river. The trail ascends through the fields and climbs high above the confluence of the tons and Ruinsara gad.
- After crossing the meadow of Devsu Bugyal we reach Roiltia. With the village of Osla & Puoni in front and the waterfall nearby this is a perfect place to camp at night.
Day 4: Roiltia to Ruinsara Lake (3350 m) | 9 km - 5 hours trek
- You will be ascending into the Ruinsara valley. There is a stark difference in the vegetation with pine and fir giving way to birch and rhododendron.
- Ruinsara is a lovely lake surrounded by meadows and rhododendron bushes. It is considered sacred by the locals.
- The walk through the forests is beautiful, with Kalanag (6387 m) visible straight ahead in the valley. You will be staying overnight in camps near the lake.
Day 5: Rest Day at Ruinsara
- Today you will rest near the lake and spent the day exploring the nearby glaciers and valleys. This will help you to acclimatize before the next day's climb to the pass.
- You will reach Kyarkoti which is the base camp for Kalanag expedition and Dumdar Kandi pass. By evening we are back at the camp.
Day 6: Ruinsara Lake to Godari (4100 m) | 4 km - 5 hours trek
- Start the day early so as to reach before afternoon.
- You will camp below the pass along the glacial moraine. This is one of the best locations for a camp where in the valley below and the pass behind you. Camping at this altitude is a new experience which very few treks offer.
Day 7: Godari (4100 m) to Upper Dhamni (400 m) via Bali Pass (4800 m) | 15 km - 7 to 8 hours trek
- After an early start today, the trail heads down south, over the ridge. It is a fairly short but steep climb up to the Bali pass on the southern ridge.
- A lot of glacial scree will be encountered here. You will reach the top of the pass by 8 am. You get a gorgeous view of various peaks from here especially of the Panchachuli peaks on a clear day.
- From the pass, you will descend down into the alpine zone and reach the camping grounds of upper Dhamni. This place has water nearby.
Day 8: Upper Dhamni (4000 m) to Hanumanchatti (2400 m)
- You will descend to the forested trail leading to Yamunotri. After a quick visit to the famous shrine of Yamunotri, we make our way down the conventional pilgrim trail to Hanuman Chatti.
- You will stay overnight in the guesthouses in Yamunotri or in Hanuman Chatti.
Day 9: Hanumanchatti to Dehradun | 180 km (7 hours)
- This is the final day of the trip, after breakfast, you will be driven back to Dehradun.
- Transportation as per the itinerary in shared vehicle
- Transportation from Dehradun and back
- Service of experienced mountain guide & helper staff
- Camping arrangement (tent, sleeping bag, camping mattress, camping stools, mess tent, toilet tent and First Aid)
- Tented accommodation during the trek - Twin sharing
- Accommodation in guesthouse on day-8
- All meals (from dinner on day-1 to breakfast on day-9)
- Porter/Mule for carrying camping equipment & ration
- All permits and forest fees
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- 75% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- No refund after that
*Advance payment is non-refundable
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 19550 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.