Marahni Trek in Great Himalayan National Park
Go for the Marahni trek and take pleasure in the serenity of the Himalayas and its cedar forests inside the Great Himalayan National Park. The trek comprises of amazing camping experince in the village near a beautiful meadow, Rangthar with an enchanting view of the Tirthan valley and the Great Himalayan National Park.
Day 1: Gushaini - Pekhari - Rangthar | 15 Min Drive - 3 Hours Trek
This trek starts from a village of the ecozone called Pekhari accessible by a jeepable road from Gushaini. From Pekhari you walk towards Lakcha (one and half hour), a very beautiful traditional Himalayan village where you will have your lunch.
The trek starts in the ecozone, crossing some villages. Then after one hour of steep climb through some fields and then forest, you reach a flat-topped ridge where you will set up your first camp, Rangthar. From Rangthar you have almost 360-degree views. A spectacular spot ! It is really great to enjoy your meal at the camp fire during sunset.
Day 2: Rangthar to Marahni | 6 Km Trek - 3-4 Hours
On day 2 you follow the ridge of the mountain for about 5 kilometers on a path that snakes through beautiful forest. You will enjoy the panorama the whole day, walking on the crest of the mountain. Marahni is reached comfortably in the afternoon. You set up your camp carefully on this meadow exposed to strong winds in case of bad weather.
Wear your warm clothes for the evening spend at a high altitude (3580m). Spend some time at the campfire under the stars, amazing.
Day 3: Marahni to Rangthar| 6 Km Trek - 3-4 Hours
The sunset at Marahni offers mind-blowing sceneries. Your day at Marahni will be unforgettable. You may either follow further the crest of the mountain to reach a small summit from where you can see both the valleys, Tirthan and Sainj. You will also discover some higher icy peaks of the Park, see the plains of Punjab, the Dhauladhar range and the peaks above Manali.
Another option is to roam around in the adjacnt oak forests for observing wildlife. Or you can simply rest and enjoy your time at Marahni. Second night at Marahni.Duration- From 5 to 7 days
Day 4: Rangthar to Gushaini
On day 4 you leave Marahni and descent towards the Park gate. It is a long descent from 3580 m to 2000 m in altitude. You are back in the eco zone and have your lunch in the very charming village of Sungcha. You reach the Park gate in the afternoon. The camp is set up at the river side (Tirthan). You enjoy a completely different natural environment. The descent to Gushaini will take further two and half hour and we reach by evening.
There is snow on Marahni until There is snow on Marahni until the month of May.
- Accommodation during Trek (Camping)
- Meals while on trek (Veg)
- First aid medical kits
- Qualified and experienced Trek Leader, Guide, Cook and support staff.
- Transport as per the itinerary
- All entrance fees to Great Himalayan National Park admission fees.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Cancellation of booking on date of arrival no refund will be made.
- Before 24 hours and within a week 25% of booking amount is refundable.
- Before 7 days and within 2 weeks 50% is refundable.
- Before 15 days 100% is refundable.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.