New Year Special: Frosty Nights In Chopta
New Year Special: Frozy Nights in CHOPTA
✔Live Band By Asavari
Journey: Kaushambi - Devprayag - Chopta - Tungnath - Chandershila - Chopta - Kaushambi.
Chopta, also known as “the Mini Switzerland in India” is the base camp for Tungnath and Chandrashila. It is one of the most beautiful hill stations in India. It is situated in the Himalayan range of Garhwal region in Uttrakhand. It is a small region of meadows and evergreen forest area which is a part of kedarnath wildlife sanctuary located in Uttarakhand.
Chopta to Chandrashila Peak (4,000 m), via Tungnath Temple and back takes around (4-5 hours trek). The distance from Chopta to Tungnath is around 4 km. And the distance from Tungnath Temple to Chandrashila peak is only 1 km.
Tunganath – Tungnath is the highest Shiva temple in the world and is one of the five and the highest Panch Kedar temples located in the mountain range of Tunganath in Rudraprayag district, in the Indian state of Uttarakhand. The Tunganath (literal meaning: Lord of the peaks) mountains form the Mandakini and Alaknanda river valleys. Located at an altitude of 3680 m (12073 ft) and just below the peak of Chandrashila, Tungnath temple is the highest Hindu shrine dedicated to Lord Shiva.
Chandrashila : A summit of the Tungnath . It literally means "Moon Rock". It is located at a height of about 4,000 metres (13,000 ft) above sea level. This peak provides a spectacular view of Himalayas,especially Nandadevi, Trisul, Kedar Peak, Bandarpunch and Chaukhambapeaks. There are various legends associated with this place. According to one of the popular legend, this is the place where Lord Ramameditated after defeating the demon-king Ravana.Another legend says that moon-god Chandra spent time here in penance.The Beauty of Chandrashila is Incredible.It is an impressive vantage point that offers 360 degrees panoramic views of the mighty Himalayas.This is a beautiful trek, with difficulty level rated as easy to moderate.
Day 1: (Thusrsday : 29th December 2016)
- Leave at 8 PM from Kaushambi metro station.
- Dining while travelling.
Day 2: (Friday : 30th December 2016)
- Early morning halt for freshen up, rest & a cup of tea.
- Hotel Check in.
- In House day activities.
- Evening bonfire with snacks and Live Music
- Karaoke nights
Day 3:(Saturday : 31th December 2016 – Last day of this amazing year)
- Early morning reakfast
- Leave for Snow Trek to Tunganath
- Back to hotel.
- Bornfire and snacks .
- Musical Dancing nights and Live Music starting with Bornfire around 9PM.
- Hungry buds would have their dinner.
- WELCOME 2017 IN CHILLING ENVIRONMENT WITH CRACKERS(Lighting up the sky).
Day 4: (Sunday : 1st January 2017 –Very 1st day of 2017)
- Early morning sunrise view. Liquid drops of sunlight sparkling in the snow transforming snow in clouds which leaves an impression of clouds floating thorough mountains. The air at sunrise is clear and pure, and the morning extremely cold, but beautiful. A lofty snow peak of the mountain is glittering as the first rays of the sun strike the mountains.
- Breakfast around 10 AM.
- Checkout hotel around 11 AM.
- Lunch, Dinner, Tea & Games(in bus) while travelling back to Kaushambi.
- Trips ends here with loads of memories :)
- Twin and Triple Sharing Room/cottage Accommodation
- All meals
- Snow Trekl
- Complimentary Cracker Show
- Complimentary Live Band By #Asavari
- Morning/Evening Tea
- Live Music By Asavari band
- Transportation: Kaushambi-Chopta-Kaushambi
- Mid way Food while travelling
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.