New Year Special: Frosty Nights In Chopta
New Year Special: Frozy Nights in CHOPTA
✔Live Band By Asavari
Journey: Kaushambi - Devprayag - Chopta - Tungnath - Chandershila - Chopta - Kaushambi.
Chopta, also known as “the Mini Switzerland in India” is the base camp for Tungnath and Chandrashila. It is one of the most beautiful hill stations in India. It is situated in the Himalayan range of Garhwal region in Uttrakhand. It is a small region of meadows and evergreen forest area which is a part of kedarnath wildlife sanctuary located in Uttarakhand.
Chopta to Chandrashila Peak (4,000 m), via Tungnath Temple and back takes around (4-5 hours trek). The distance from Chopta to Tungnath is around 4 km. And the distance from Tungnath Temple to Chandrashila peak is only 1 km.
Tunganath – Tungnath is the highest Shiva temple in the world and is one of the five and the highest Panch Kedar temples located in the mountain range of Tunganath in Rudraprayag district, in the Indian state of Uttarakhand. The Tunganath (literal meaning: Lord of the peaks) mountains form the Mandakini and Alaknanda river valleys. Located at an altitude of 3680 m (12073 ft) and just below the peak of Chandrashila, Tungnath temple is the highest Hindu shrine dedicated to Lord Shiva.
Chandrashila : A summit of the Tungnath . It literally means "Moon Rock". It is located at a height of about 4,000 metres (13,000 ft) above sea level. This peak provides a spectacular view of Himalayas,especially Nandadevi, Trisul, Kedar Peak, Bandarpunch and Chaukhambapeaks. There are various legends associated with this place. According to one of the popular legend, this is the place where Lord Ramameditated after defeating the demon-king Ravana.Another legend says that moon-god Chandra spent time here in penance.The Beauty of Chandrashila is Incredible.It is an impressive vantage point that offers 360 degrees panoramic views of the mighty Himalayas.This is a beautiful trek, with difficulty level rated as easy to moderate.
Day 1: (Thusrsday : 29th December 2016)
- Leave at 8 PM from Kaushambi metro station.
- Dining while travelling.
Day 2: (Friday : 30th December 2016)
- Early morning halt for freshen up, rest & a cup of tea.
- Hotel Check in.
- In House day activities.
- Evening bonfire with snacks and Live Music
- Karaoke nights
Day 3:(Saturday : 31th December 2016 – Last day of this amazing year)
- Early morning reakfast
- Leave for Snow Trek to Tunganath
- Back to hotel.
- Bornfire and snacks .
- Musical Dancing nights and Live Music starting with Bornfire around 9PM.
- Hungry buds would have their dinner.
- WELCOME 2017 IN CHILLING ENVIRONMENT WITH CRACKERS(Lighting up the sky).
Day 4: (Sunday : 1st January 2017 –Very 1st day of 2017)
- Early morning sunrise view. Liquid drops of sunlight sparkling in the snow transforming snow in clouds which leaves an impression of clouds floating thorough mountains. The air at sunrise is clear and pure, and the morning extremely cold, but beautiful. A lofty snow peak of the mountain is glittering as the first rays of the sun strike the mountains.
- Breakfast around 10 AM.
- Checkout hotel around 11 AM.
- Lunch, Dinner, Tea & Games(in bus) while travelling back to Kaushambi.
- Trips ends here with loads of memories :)
- Twin and Triple Sharing Room/cottage Accommodation
- All meals
- Snow Trekl
- Complimentary Cracker Show
- Complimentary Live Band By #Asavari
- Morning/Evening Tea
- Live Music By Asavari band
- Transportation: Kaushambi-Chopta-Kaushambi
- Mid way Food while travelling
- Meal Plan: The meals will be served on buffet style (Vegetarian & Non-Vegetarian) as per the schedule.
- Will be leaving from Delhi at 8.30 pm on December 29th,2016
- All the prices given above are for the persons of 10 & above years of age
Things To Carry :
- A small backpack or day pack with a plastic or water-proof lining
- Wardrobe essentials like woolen clothes, synthetic or waterproof trekking pants with inner lining, wind-proof and rain-proof jackets, waterproof gloves, thermal innerwear, water proof or water repellant winter jackets.
- Woolen cap, scarf or muffler, thick woolen and regular socks, raincoat or ponchos, cap or floppy hat.
- Moisturizer, Sun Screen Lotion, Lip Balm.
- Torch, blankets, warm shawl, sport shoes & sunglasses.
Tips And Tricks :
- Hydrate your body two days prior to the trek, which means you must triple your water intake to avoid Dehydration.
- Choose a SHOE SIZE HALF A NUMBER BIGGER THAN YOUR NORMAL NUMBER. It would be really uncomfortable if one choose a shoe size which is one number smaller than their actual shoe size. One can end up with sore fingers and blisters at the end of trek.
- In case you are carrying your Camera or Mobile phone with you, make sure you carry enough supply of plastic waterproof bags.
- Once you start trekking along with entire group, try and get your NATURAL RHYTHM of walking. Never attempt to walk too fast or too slow as this can lead to premature fatigue.
- It is advisable to carry a WIND CHEATER but it is not advisable to wear it while trekking. keep a windcheater in your sack and wear it only when you take a long halt while trekking.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
Kaushambi Metro Station Ghaziabad