Dodital & Darwa Trek
This is a classic trek for first-timers keen to discover the outdoors and experience the mighty Himalayas at high altitude. High up, beyond the valley of the Bhagirathi river, is the pristine and tranquil Dodital (tal means lake in Hindi). Beyond lays the Darwa Pass (4150m) between the major river valleys of the Ganga and the Yamuna. A little further up from the pass is Darwa Top (4450m), the highest point in the area from where it seems as though the mighty Bandarpunch, Swargarohini and other peaks are close enough to be touched by an outreached hand. The trek to the pass and beyond is the traditional route used by Gujjars (nomadic herdsmen), who take their cattle up to the meadows for grazing and also by Sadhus (holy men) walking between the temples of Gangotri and Yamunotri.
Duration: 5 Days / 4 nights
Max Altitude: 4450 mts (Darwa top)
Max group size: 12
Day 01: Dehradun to Bhewra via Uttarkashi (180kms) – 8 hours drive and 2-3 hours trek
We start at Dehradun and drive via Missouri bend to Uttarkashi and then onwards to Sangam chatti. The campsite at Bhewra village is situated on the banks of the river Assi Ganga and is 2 hour trek from Sangamchatti. We have breakfast and lunch en route and dinner at Bhewra in campsite.
Day 02: Bhewra to Dodital (8 hours trek)
Post breakfast we start our trek to Dodital via the village of Manjhi. This is a beautiful himalayan village on mountain slopes with terraced farming. We reach Dodital by evening and pitch tents near the lake. He walk is through dense oak, deodar and pine trees with plenty of birds to give company.
Day 03: Dodital to Darwa Pass (4,150m) to Darwa Top (4450 m) to Kanasar (3,900m)
The trail goes steadily uphill, crossing several small streams that feed Dodital, and gets quite steep as we reach the open alpine meadow just below the Darwa Pass. From the pass we will ascend further 300 m to Darwa Top just an hour away. The Top offers stunning 360 degree views of the snow capped Himalayan ranges. Overnight camping at Kanasar.
Day 04: Kanasar to Kandoli (2,800m)
The trail to Hanumanchatti is all downhill. The trail takes us across verdant alpine meadows, with brilliant, close-up views of the Bandarpunch range all day long. After Seema we make the final descent to our campsite at Kandoli through lush forests of Himalayan oak and rhododendron. Overnight camping at Kandoli.
Day 05: Kandoli to Hanumanchatti (2,400m) to Delhi
From Kandoli we descend quickly along a thick forested path for about 2 hours before we see civilization. We will then lead to Hanumanchatti. We then drive for 6 hours to reach Dehradun.
- Accommodation (Guest house, Home stay & Tents)
- Meals while on trek (Veg.) (Egg)
- Trek equipment (Tents, Sleeping Bags, Dining & Toilet tents, Chairs, Tables etc)
- First aid, medical kits and oxygen cylinder
- Qualified & experienced Professional trek Leader, Guide and Support staff
- Transport from Manila & return
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 30 days
- 75% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.