Dodital & Darwa Trek
4 Nights/5 Days
This is a classic trek for first-timers keen to discover the outdoors and experience the mighty Himalayas at high altitude. High up, beyond the valley of the Bhagirathi river, is the pristine and tranquil Dodital (tal means lake in Hindi). Beyond lays the Darwa Pass (4150m) between the major river valleys of the Ganga and the Yamuna. A little further up from the pass is Darwa Top (4450m), the highest point in the area from where it seems as though the mighty Bandarpunch, Swargarohini and other peaks are close enough to be touched by an outreached hand. The trek to the pass and beyond is the traditional route used by Gujjars (nomadic herdsmen), who take their cattle up to the meadows for grazing and also by Sadhus (holy men) walking between the temples of Gangotri and Yamunotri.
Duration: 5 Days / 4 nights
Max Altitude: 4450 mts (Darwa top)
Max group size: 12
Day 01: Dehradun to Bhewra via Uttarkashi (180kms) – 8 hours drive and 2-3 hours trek
We start at Dehradun and drive via Missouri bend to Uttarkashi and then onwards to Sangam chatti. The campsite at Bhewra village is situated on the banks of the river Assi Ganga and is 2 hour trek from Sangamchatti. We have breakfast and lunch en route and dinner at Bhewra in campsite.
Day 02: Bhewra to Dodital (8 hours trek)
Post breakfast we start our trek to Dodital via the village of Manjhi. This is a beautiful himalayan village on mountain slopes with terraced farming. We reach Dodital by evening and pitch tents near the lake. He walk is through dense oak, deodar and pine trees with plenty of birds to give company.
Day 03: Dodital to Darwa Pass (4,150m) to Darwa Top (4450 m) to Kanasar (3,900m)
The trail goes steadily uphill, crossing several small streams that feed Dodital, and gets quite steep as we reach the open alpine meadow just below the Darwa Pass. From the pass we will ascend further 300 m to Darwa Top just an hour away. The Top offers stunning 360 degree views of the snow capped Himalayan ranges. Overnight camping at Kanasar.
Day 04: Kanasar to Kandoli (2,800m)
The trail to Hanumanchatti is all downhill. The trail takes us across verdant alpine meadows, with brilliant, close-up views of the Bandarpunch range all day long. After Seema we make the final descent to our campsite at Kandoli through lush forests of Himalayan oak and rhododendron. Overnight camping at Kandoli.
Day 05: Kandoli to Hanumanchatti (2,400m) to Delhi
From Kandoli we descend quickly along a thick forested path for about 2 hours before we see civilization. We will then lead to Hanumanchatti. We then drive for 6 hours to reach Dehradun.
- Accommodation (Guest house, Home stay & Tents)
- Meals while on trek (Veg.) (Egg)
- Trek equipment (Tents, Sleeping Bags, Dining & Toilet tents, Chairs, Tables etc)
- First aid, medical kits and oxygen cylinder
- Qualified & experienced Professional trek Leader, Guide and Support staff
- Transport from Manila & return
- Any camera fees
- All food & beverages costs apart from the ones mentioned above
- Any personal expenditure (Toiletries, medicines, etc.)
- Cost incidental to any change in the itinerary/ stay on account of flight cancellation due to bad weather, ill health, roadblocks and/or any factors beyond control.
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head "Cost Includes".
Days are going to be sunny and warm while the night temperature at the highest campsite would be in the range of 0-8 °C. In the post monsoon season the days are sunny with temperatures hovering around (12-20 °C) and the evenings start getting cold with the onset of October and nights are comparatively colder (-2 to 8 °C).
List of Essentials:
1. Shirts / T-shirts
2. Trousers / Track Pants
3. Windproof jacket
4. Fleece / Full-sleeve Woolen sweater
5. Thermal inner wear (upper & lower)
6. Woolen cap
7. Mittens (Woolen gloves)
9. Woolen socks (extra pairs to be carried)
10. Comfortable Trekking/Hiking shoes (shoes with a thick sole are recommended)
11. Raincoat / Poncho
13. Water bottle
14. Cap / Hat
15. Walking stick / Trekking pole
16. Sunscreen Lotion
17. Lip Balm
18. Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries)
19. Medicines, if requiring any specific medication
22. Personal toiletries
23. Books, if you like readin
- 75% of the total amount paid will be refunded if the travel plan is cancelled by the customer 60 days or more prior to the date of commencement of travel.
- 50% of the total amount paid will be refunded if the travel plan is cancelled by the customer 30 days or more prior to the date of commencement of travel.
- 25% of the total amount paid will be refunded if the travel plan is cancelled by the customer 15 days or more prior to the date of commencement of travel.
- No money shall be refunded in case of cancellation of travel plan less than 15 days prior to the date of commencement of travel.