Chopta Chandrashila Trek From Dehradun
A beautiful trek to Chandrashila, famous for its breathtaking 360-degree view of the Himalayan ranges. Deoriatal and Chopta are the places which are blessed with some unmatchable beauty of nature.
- Camp near the serene Deoria Tal Lake.
- Transportation from Dehradun and back included in the cost.
- Panoramic views of the Chaukhamba & Kedarnath Peak. Possible sightings of wildlife.
- Small Convenient Batch size: The convenience of a small batch size for best service quality. Maximum of 12 members per group.
- Road Transportation: All road transportation after the reporting point is included in the cost. Trekking group travels together comfortably.
- Tented Accommodation: 2 people per tent throughout the trek. We use tents from international brand Vango Halo 300, weather tested beyond the European standard EN5912.
In winter, this part of the world puts on a different look. A look which will make you stand awestruck before taking the next step through the snow! Chopta, Deoriatal, Tungnath & Chandrashila Winter Trek is a one-of-a-kind experience. The 5000-year-old Tungnath temple located at a height of 3,680 m (12,073 ft)- just below the peak of Chandrashila- is the highest Hindu shrine dedicated to Lord Shiva. It is one of the Panch-Kedars and is believed to be built by Arjuna himself.
Chandrashila is famous for its breathtaking 360-degree view of the Himalayan ranges. Deoriatal and Chopta are the places which are blessed with some unmatchable beauty. Starting from Chopta you will summit Chandrashila followed by a visit and camping at the banks of Deorital Lake during the second day of the trek.
Day 1: Dehradun - Chopta (1350 meters | Drive 200 km - 5-6 hours)
- On the first day, you will be meeting the hosts at 6:30 am in Dehradun Railway Sation and after a small introductory session, you will be driven through the towns of Devprayag, Rudraprayag, and Ukhimath to reach Chopta.
- This is a reserved forest and the nip in the air is easily felt due to the omnipresent oak trees.
- You will pitch tents in Chopta and spent the night beside a bonfire with hot dinner.
Day-2: Chopta - Tungnath & Chandrashila (3925 m) & return to Chopta | 7 km Trek - 5-6 hrs
- On Day 2 from the picturesque environs of Chopta, you take the path through the arch leading up to the temple. Tungnath which is a short 3 km trek from Chopta.
- The temple will be visible during the last few hundred meters.
- After spending some time at the temple, you will continue trekking to the peak. Soak in the splendid 360-degree views of the Himalayas from up there.
- After summiting Chandrashila which is seated at 3925 meters, you will be heading back to Chopta, you will be covering 7 kilometres overall during this trek.
Day-3: Chopta - Ukhimath - Dehradun
- On the third day after breakfast, you will visit the famous Shiv temple at Ukhimath before embarking on the road journey back to Dehradun.
- You will be dropped at Dehradun Railway Station at 9:00 pm.
- Transportation as per the itinerary in shared vehicle
- Transportation from Dehradun and back
- Service of an experienced mountain guide and helper staff
- All accommodation during the trek - Twin sharing basis
- Camping Arrangement (tent, sleeping bag, camping mattress, camping stool, mess tent, toilet tent and First Aid)
- All meals (from dinner on day-1 to breakfast on day-3)
- Porter/Mule for carrying camping equipment & ration
- All permits and forest fees
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 3 days
- No refund after that
*Advance payment is non-refundable
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We keep our groups small for better over all experience. Typically our group size is between 6 to 10 trekkers. On few long weekends and holidays could see a group size of upto 15.
14 travellers found this helpful
We serve delicious Indian vegetarian food and eggs during the trek.
8 travellers found this helpful
Between summer months of April to October and November, the lowest temperature during the trek can be 10 Degree C at night. In winter months of December to March, the temperature at night drops below zero.
Chandrashila trek is an easy trek and can be easily done by children aged 5+ years. Chopta Chandrashilla Trek involves just 4-5 hours walking on an easy trail which can be done by any physically active kid.
Yes all published dates are final and departures are guaranteed. Even if that its just you, we will proceed with the trek.
12 travellers found this helpful
Toilet tents are set-up at the campsites. These are dry-pit temporary toilets and most hygienic as well as convenient way to answer nature’s call in the wild.
10 travellers found this helpful
You will receive good network up to the towns of Mussoorie, Rishikesh. Beyond these network is intermittent and quite weak. Please inform anxious family members in advance that you will be out of coverage area during this trek. There will be no electric charging points anywhere on the trek.
9 travellers found this helpful
Ideally trekking shoes/boots with ankle support are needed for any trek in the Himalayan region. Quechua shoes available at Decathlon are a value for money option.
2 travellers found this helpful
Our tented accommodation is provided at twin sharing basis. The tents that we provide are best in class and are professional grade. You can read more about it here: http://www.vango.co.uk/gb/blog/15_vango-halo-300-technical-trekking-tent.html
10 travellers found this helpful
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 9390 Per Person
Similar Exciting Activities
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.