Kuari Pass and Pangarchulla Peak Trek
Kuari Pass + Pangarchula Trek is beautiful and popular trek. The Kuari pass is also known as Curzon's trail since the British viceroy, George Curzon, attempted crossing it and loved exploring this area. Though the pass is not very high it offers excellent views of Nanda Devi, Dunagiri and other Himalayan peaks. The Nanda Devi national park and the Rishi Ganga gorge are visible from the first day itself.
- The lush green, infinitely unfolding meadow of the Gorsons, which can turn white anytime of the year, and as you move your head around, your eyes are gifted with grand views of 4 peaks of Chaukhamba, Neelkanth, Mana, Kamet, Hathi, Ghodi, Trishul, Nandaghunti, Nanda Devi, Dunagiri
- Kuari pass, an ancient trading route.
- Deep forest, its trees and animals
Day 1: Dehradun - Auli (2450 M) | 280 Kms - 8-9 Hrs Drive
Report at Auli via Devprayag and Rudraprayag. Overnight in Guesthouse at Auli.
Day 2: Auli (2450 M) - Khulara (3225 M) | 6 Hrs Trek
We start trekking towards Khulara campsite via Gorson top, tali campsite and finally the open meadow of Khulara. Overnight in tents.
Day 3: Khulara (2550m) - Kuari Pass (3650m) - Base of Pangarchula Peak (3650m) | 6-7 Hrs Trek
We trek towards Kuari pass and then onwards to the base of Pangarchula peak. Overnight in tents.
Day 4: Base Camp (3650m) - Summit of Pangarchula Peak (4700m) & Back | 7-8 Hrs Trek
We start at 5am. And head towards the bolder and scree dominated path leading to the top of Pangarchula. A 4 hour climb later we reach the top to commanding views of the Himalayan peaks. We start our descent by noon and reach campsite by late afternoon. Overnight in tents.
Day 5: Base Camp (3650m)/Khulara (3225m) - Dhak (2000m) - Auli | 4-5 Hrs Trek & 45 Mins Drive
Today we walk all the way down to Dhak and then drive a short while to Auli. Overnight in pvt guesthouses.
Day 6: Auli - Dehradun | 280 Kms - 8-9 Hrs Drive
Post breakfast, check-out and drive back to Dehradun.
- Tented accommodation on a triple sharing basis
- Transportation to & fro from Dehradun.
- Pvt guesthouse accommodation on a triple sharing basis in Auli for 2 nights
- Porter and mule support to carry camping gear only
- Guide and cook support
- Veg meals starting from dinner on day 1 to lunch on day 5
- All permits and forest entry fees
- Rent for camping equipment
- Taxes as applicable
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- 75% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- No refund after that
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We keep our groups small for better over all experience. Typically our group size is between 6 to 10 trekkers. On few long weekends and holidays could see a group size of upto 15.
14 travellers found this helpful
Our tented accommodation is provided at twin sharing basis. The tents that we provide are best in class and are professional grade. You can read more about it here: http://www.vango.co.uk/gb/blog/15_vango-halo-300-technical-trekking-tent.html
10 travellers found this helpful
We serve delicious Indian vegetarian food and eggs during the trek.
8 travellers found this helpful
Ideally trekking shoes/boots with ankle support are needed for any trek in the Himalayan region. Quechua shoes available at Decathlon are a value for money option.
2 travellers found this helpful
Yes all published dates are final and departures are guaranteed. Even if that its just you, we will proceed with the trek.
12 travellers found this helpful
Toilet tents are set-up at the campsites. These are dry-pit temporary toilets and most hygienic as well as convenient way to answer nature’s call in the wild.
10 travellers found this helpful
You will receive good network up to the towns of Mussoorie, Rishikesh. Beyond these network is intermittent and quite weak. Please inform anxious family members in advance that you will be out of coverage area during this trek. There will be no electric charging points anywhere on the trek.
9 travellers found this helpful
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 15225 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.