Sillery Gaon- Echey Gaon Trek
Describe the activity in about 100-200 words.
- highlight 1
- highlight 2
Day 1: Board train
Report Sealdah railway station at 8.00 pm (near platform No 9). Board 12343 Darjeeling mail. Overnight on board. (Dinner by own)
Day 2: New Jalpaiguri – Sillery Gaon
Arrival at NJP railway station. Proceed for Sillery Gaon. Enroute we will have our breakfast at local restaurants. This journey will take approx. 4 hrs. We will reach Sillery Gaon by afternoon. Lunch will be arranged at homestay. After lunch we will explore the local village. Dinner and Overnight at homestay.
Sillery Gaon, a small village surrounded on all sides by tall pine trees, at a height of about 6000 ft in the Darjeeling district, is an upcoming tourist destination, lovingly called by the locals as New Darjeeling. Located at a distance of around 8 km from Pedong and 5 km from 21 Miles, this sleepy village of New Darjeeling offers a magnificent view of the Kanchendzonga, the third highest peak in the world. The shimmering silver peak and the serenity around entice every traveller visiting the village.
Day 3: Sillery Gaon – Echey Gaon – Sillery Gaon short trek
Enjoy the lovely Sunrise over the Kanchendzonga and soak in the beauty of Sillerygaon. After breakfast we will proceed for a short trek to Echey Gaon. Sillery Gaon is just at the other side of Echey Gaon separated by a hill. A thrilling and enjoyable jungle trek of about 2.5 km. through Echey Forest reaches Echey Gaon touching Ramitey View Point, from where entire range of peaks and several bends of River Teesta can be seen. Many beautiful known and unknown flowers and plants attracts everyone’s attention. Lunch will be arranged at Echey Gaon. Return back to Sillery Gaon by evening.
Those who are not willing to go for this trek: After breakfast, visit the Damsang Fort ruins, the Tinchuley view point, the Silent Valley and the Ramitay view point. All these places can either be trekked or if you want we can arrange a vehicle for you at an extra cost to visit these places.
Enjoy the campfire program at evening. Dinner and Overnight at homestay.
Day 4: Sillery Gaon - New Jalpaiguri
After breakfast proceed towards NJP. Board 12344 Darjeeling mail. Overnight on board.
Day 5: Arrival Kolkata
- Kolkata- NJP- Kolkata return train tickets in sleeper class.
- Sharing Accommodation for 2 nights at homestay.
- NJP – Sillerygaon- NJP transfers by Non AC Tata Sumo or similar car.
- Meals on trek.
- Forest entry fees.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- 45 days prior departure date -20% of total cost
- 45 to 25 days prior departure date -50% of total cost
- 25 days prior departure date- 100% of total cost retention charge will be applicable.