Sillery Gaon- Echey Gaon Trek
Describe the activity in about 100-200 words.
- highlight 1
- highlight 2
Day 1: Board train
Report Sealdah railway station at 8.00 pm (near platform No 9). Board 12343 Darjeeling mail. Overnight on board. (Dinner by own)
Day 2: New Jalpaiguri – Sillery Gaon
Arrival at NJP railway station. Proceed for Sillery Gaon. Enroute we will have our breakfast at local restaurants. This journey will take approx. 4 hrs. We will reach Sillery Gaon by afternoon. Lunch will be arranged at homestay. After lunch we will explore the local village. Dinner and Overnight at homestay.
Sillery Gaon, a small village surrounded on all sides by tall pine trees, at a height of about 6000 ft in the Darjeeling district, is an upcoming tourist destination, lovingly called by the locals as New Darjeeling. Located at a distance of around 8 km from Pedong and 5 km from 21 Miles, this sleepy village of New Darjeeling offers a magnificent view of the Kanchendzonga, the third highest peak in the world. The shimmering silver peak and the serenity around entice every traveller visiting the village.
Day 3: Sillery Gaon – Echey Gaon – Sillery Gaon short trek
Enjoy the lovely Sunrise over the Kanchendzonga and soak in the beauty of Sillerygaon. After breakfast we will proceed for a short trek to Echey Gaon. Sillery Gaon is just at the other side of Echey Gaon separated by a hill. A thrilling and enjoyable jungle trek of about 2.5 km. through Echey Forest reaches Echey Gaon touching Ramitey View Point, from where entire range of peaks and several bends of River Teesta can be seen. Many beautiful known and unknown flowers and plants attracts everyone’s attention. Lunch will be arranged at Echey Gaon. Return back to Sillery Gaon by evening.
Those who are not willing to go for this trek: After breakfast, visit the Damsang Fort ruins, the Tinchuley view point, the Silent Valley and the Ramitay view point. All these places can either be trekked or if you want we can arrange a vehicle for you at an extra cost to visit these places.
Enjoy the campfire program at evening. Dinner and Overnight at homestay.
Day 4: Sillery Gaon - New Jalpaiguri
After breakfast proceed towards NJP. Board 12344 Darjeeling mail. Overnight on board.
Day 5: Arrival Kolkata
- Kolkata- NJP- Kolkata return train tickets in sleeper class.
- Sharing Accommodation for 2 nights at homestay.
- NJP – Sillerygaon- NJP transfers by Non AC Tata Sumo or similar car.
- Meals on trek.
- Forest entry fees.
- Extra meals which are not mentioned in inclusions.
- Rucksacks and other belongings mentioned in checklist
- Camera/video camera/ Porter charges.
- Anything not mentioned in the package.
- All items of personal nature.
- Mineral water.
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like landslides, roadblocks, etc.
- Any increase in taxes or fuel leading to an increase in surface transportation.
1. Kindly note that names of hotels mentioned in the proposed hotels only indicate that our rates have been based on usage of these hotels and it is not to be construed that accommodation is confirmed at these hotels until and unless we convey such confirmation to you. In case the accommodation is not available at any of the above mentioned hotels we shall book alternate accommodation at a similar or next best available hotel and shall pass on the difference of rates (supplement/reduction whatever applicable) to you.
2. Our offer is based on usage of base category rooms at the mentioned hotels (unless specified otherwise) and if this category of rooms is not available we shall try to confirm accommodation in next available higher category of rooms and shall advise supplementary cost involved while conveying the status.
3. We shall not be responsible for any change in the itinerary due to landslides, flight cancellations, weather conditions or any unforeseen circumstances. The additional cost incurred will be in addition to the cost
4. Museum are Closed at Monday.
5. Please note the packages are designed strictly on the detailed itinerary being attached any extra sightseeing and excursion is subject to a supplement cost as per the actual.
6. It is mandatory to carry the Photo identity Proof during travel and have to be presented at the time of Check Inn in all hotels for security reason.
7. No refund for unused service
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
Kolkata- Sealdah Station or New Jalpaiguri Junction Railway Station, Siliguri