7 Nights/8 Days
6 to 15 people
Moderate to Challenging
The Roopkund Trek is one of the most famous trekking sites in Garhwal, Uttarakhand because of its glacial lake and the events surrounding it. The edge of the lake harbors around 500 human skeletons believed to be dated back to 12th to 15th century.
The Roopkund trek is filled with thrilling, fun-packed experiences. However, it is only advised for skilled and zealous trekkers because it stays true to the reputation of Himalayan weather and adversities, often hostile too. Situated at 16,499 ft., the pulse-racing trek expands over 53 kms.The Roopkund lake is also known as the “mystery lake” and is frequented by guests from all over the world to indulge in its wonders. It is reachable through either Nainital or Kathgodam. The trek begins from Lohajung. Trekkers encounter plentitude of conifer trees,lush grasslands, and snow clad mountains as well as the spectacular Pindar Lake along the trail.
The Roopkund lake is surrounded by rocky glaciers and is placed at the bottom of Trishul and Nandghungti peaks lending to its palpable and picturesque beauty.
Day 1 : Kathgodam to Lohajung (2130m) Drive/250 kms | 8-9 hours
We will drive from Kathgodam to Lohajung, with the rivers Ganga and Alaknanda keeping us company till we turn right for the Pinder valley and along with beautiful Kumaon mountains via Almora and Kausani. Overnight stay in tents.
Day 2 : Lohajung (2130m) – Didana (2550m) - Trek | 5-6 hours
The first day of the trek will introduce you to a mixed forest with diverse birds, playful streams which will give you the ‘Himalayan bite,’ the sting you get from cold streams and the village life of those living in this terrain. The 5 hour trek will take you downhill and then uphill, before we reach the campsite above Didana village where we will spend the night in tents.
Day 3 : Didana (2550m) – Ali bugyal (3150m) - Trek | 6-7 hours
A steady ascent through thick oak forests will bring us to the alpine grazing meadows, called Ali bugyal. It is the ideal place to take a break and let the vastness of the meadow, the clear sky and the enchanting view of the Trishul peak consume you with peace and happiness. Here, the stunning views of the Garhwal Himalayas ranges appears as ahead to you. Arrive at the finest camping site of Himalayas. Overnight stay in tants.
Day 4 : Ali Bugyal (3150m) – Ghora Lotani (3650m) - Trek | 4-5 hours
Today’s trek is easy compare to the last day. We will trek to Ghora Lotani passing Bedni Bugyal with grazing pastures, unending open views and the view of the Trishul and Nanda Ghunti peaks. After Few hours of walk you will be on the other side of range and the view is fantastic from here. Arriving at Ghora Lotani, which also a beautiful campsite as Ali Bugyal in this Roopkund trek. Overnight stay in tents.
Day 5 : Ghora Lotani (3650m) – Bhagubasa (4100m) - Trek | 5-6 hours
The trek begins with climbing the meadow slopes, up to the ridges to the Kaluvinayak shrine which will reveal to us the most memorable views of the Neelkanth, Chaukhambha and Hathi peaks. The remaining part of the trek and snow will depend on the season we go in. A bit of rocky terrain for a short distance will kead us to the desolated campsite at Bhugubasa, where we will experience slight breathing difficulty but we will get used to it soon. Overnight in tents.
Day 6: Bhagubasa (4100m) – Roopkund & Jurangali (4750m) – Bednibugyal (3350m) - Trek | 8-9 hours
If you have been looking forward to adventure, this day is going to be full of it as it will test your stamina and will give you tricky challenges to overcome. An early start will ensure that we reach the lake in around 3 hours. The guides will help you during tricky sections and there is a possibility that there are steep climbs and the trail is covered in a 9-10 month old snow. We will climb through rock gardens, moraine and snow patches before we reach the mysterious lake. If there isn’t too much snow around the lake, you will get to see the human bones and skeletons. Roopkund is in a crater like formation in the mountains and the view is spectacular. It is worth all the hardwork that got us there! One has the option of climbing up a short distance onto the Jurangali, about 20 minutes from the lake and after clicking many victory pictures, we will go back to our campsite at Bedni Bugyal where we will stay overnight, in tents.
Day 7 : Bednibugyal (3350m) – Wan (2550m) - Trek | 4-5 hours
Today’s trek will seem like a cakewalk compared to what we did yesterday and you will enjoy the trek back to Wan as you walk through Pine, Rhododendron and Oak jungles. On reaching Wan, we will visit the village temple and rest. Overnight in Tents.
Day 8 : Wan – Kathgodam - Drive | 4 hours
We will offer something exciting and different this day, for all those who are interested - river rafting in a stretch of the Alaknanda river which is suitable for first timers also. After the rafting adventure, we will depart for Haridwar, crossing Rishikesh en route. We will reach Haridwar by 3-4 pm.
- Accommodation during the trek (camping)
- All meals - vegetarian
- Trekking permits and forest camping charges
- Trekking equipment (tents, sleeping bags, ice axes, ropes, etc.)
- Safety equipment (first aid, medical kit, oxygen cylinders, stretcher, etc.)
- Services of an expert trek leader (qualified in basic/advanced mountaineering courses)
- Services of an expert trek team (guides, cooks, helpers, porters/mules)
- Transport from your city to Dehradun and Return
- Food during transit to and from the base camp
- Backpack offloading charges
- Personal expenses of any kind
- Anything apart from the inclusions
- Please arrive at Kathgodam by 7 AM.
- We meticulously tag along safety management procedures and guidelines.
- Our leaders are well trained at the Nehru Institute of Mountaineering school on safety management and first aid. We have a very well skilled team of Outdoors Instructors lead by mountaineer equivalence excellence and unvarying enhancement of skills and each guide is hand-picked for attitude & love for the mountains as much as for absolute trekking excellence.
- We do trekking in small groups (not more than 12), so can manage batter services along with a team of guides and porters with mule. The porters along with one guide travel in front of the pack to ensure that the trail is clear and to set up the camp site in advance.
- 30 days: Full refund (after deducting any expenses that have been incurred for hotel bookings, transport, etc.)
- 21-30 days: 75% of trip cost will be refunded (after deducting any expenses that have been incurred for hotel bookings, transport, etc.)
- 14-21 days: 50% of trip cost will be refunded (after deducting any expenses that have been incurred for hotel bookings, transport, etc.)
Reporting/Start Point:Pick-up from Kathgodam Railway Station
₹ 9990 Per Person