Kanheri Caves Half-Day Trip from Mumbai
Located inside Sanjay Gandhi National Park, on the outskirts of Mumbai, Kanheri Caves are a group of rock-cut caves monuments and caves. Belonging to 1st century BC to 11th century, the complex has many caves each of them containing decorative art and sculpture.
A big Avalokiteshvara (Bodhisattva who represents compassion) in Cave 2, a massive Buddha statue in Cave 3 and a painted ceiling in Cave 34 are the primary attractions.
- Explore the ancient caves carved out of basalt rock
- See the green forests of Sanjay Gandhi National Park
- See unfinished paintings of Buddha on the ceiling of the cave.
- Pick-up from your Hotel or Residence in Mumbai
- Drive to Kanheri Caves which typically takes 1- 1.5 Hours
- Explore Kanheri caves - located in the middle of a Sanjay Gandhi National Park. The caves date back to 1st century BC and are believed to be one of the oldest cave structure of the country.
- After visiting Kanheri Caves drive back to Mumbai.
- All transportation using air-conditioned sedan car or SUV with driver
- Pickup and drop-off in Mumbai city limits
- Driver and fuel charges
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We have two options Sedans & bigger SUVs. In Sedans we provide Suzuki Dzire, Toyota Etios mostly, sometimes it could be Nissan Sunny. In SUVs we provide Toyotta Innova, Mahindra Xylo, Suzuki Ertiga. You can request a particular model while booking in 'Special Request' and we try to provide it however you can not pick and choose exact car models. We operate only AC vehicles and hatchbacks are not available.
99 travellers found this helpful
Yes, all sightseeing tours need to be booked in advance. Tours often sell out so we suggest booking early to guarantee your desired tour day. Bookings are completely online and you can book on Website or Mobile app.
96 travellers found this helpful
You need to book online from this page. We accept only online bookings. Booking is confirmed instantly through SMS and Email. Driver & Cab details are sent on SMS/Email 3-6 hours before pick-up time.