Kanheri Caves Half-Day Trip from Mumbai
Located inside Sanjay Gandhi National Park, on the outskirts of Mumbai, Kanheri Caves are a group of rock-cut caves monuments and caves. Belonging to 1st century BC to 11th century, the complex has many caves each of them containing decorative art and sculpture.
A big Avalokiteshvara (Bodhisattva who represents compassion) in Cave 2, a massive Buddha statue in Cave 3 and a painted ceiling in Cave 34 are the primary attractions.
- Explore the ancient caves carved out of basalt rock
- See the green forests of Sanjay Gandhi National Park
- See unfinished paintings of Buddha on the ceiling of the cave.
- Pick-up from your Hotel or Residence in Mumbai
- Drive to Kanheri Caves which typically takes 1- 1.5 Hours
- Explore Kanheri caves - located in the middle of a Sanjay Gandhi National Park. The caves date back to 1st century BC and are believed to be one of the oldest cave structure of the country.
- After visiting Kanheri Caves drive back to Mumbai.
- All transportation using air-conditioned sedan car or SUV with driver
- Pickup and drop-off in Mumbai city limits
- Driver and fuel charges
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.