Pettah Heritage Food Walk
On this food walk we take our participants on a voyage across the old ‘Petta’ or City of Bengaluru. We start with exploring the lanes inside the old mud fort built by Kempe Gowda I in the 16th Century in search of the tastiest vegetarian delicacies that Bengaluru has to offer. Few of the bakeries and restaurants in this part of the town are as much as 100-year old. These food joints have die-hard foodies flocking despite the traffic chaos that plague the area. In between bites of food, we give some bytes of the local history too.
Our first stop is a legendary sweetmeat store which doles out the best Kashi Halwa in town apart from other delicious sweets and savories. Next up we gorge on some tasty Kesari Baat at another famous joint nearby. Further down the road, we stop at a place famous for its dosas which some say might be the best in the whole of Bengaluru. Here we get to meet the owner & hear his ‘tea boy to restaurant owner’ story.
If your hunger is not yet satiated come along us to another 100-year old bakery and sample some amazing naans (Indian wheat bread) and khatais. The grand finale is an idli (steamed rice cake) joint where the idlis literally float in the chutney water.
- Food sampling from at least 4 different eateries
- Permits/Entry Fees wherever applicable
- Guided tour through Pettah
- Sampling popular dishes from iconic culinary institutions and a bottle of water
- Parting gift at the end of the walk
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 600 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.