KedarTal is an emerald lake situated next to Kedar Bamak Glacier at the foot of the enormous Thalaysagar (6,904) and Brigupanth Peak (6,772mts). Kedar Bamak Glacier is the source of Kedar Ganga which acts as an important tributary of Bhagirathi River. At 4780 mts above sea level, Kedartal is one of the most beautiful high altitude lakes of India.
- Witness Bhrigupanth, Thalaysaga, Jogin peaks during the trek
- Camp beside the glacier lake at 16000 ft.
Day 01: Dehradun – Uttarkashi – Gangotri: Drive 242 Kms| 8-9 hours
- Report at Dehradun and meet the guide and start the drive to Gangotri.
- The road goes via Uttarkashi which is one of the major towns of Uttarakhand.
- Gangnani is known for the natural hot water spring baths it has. We will drive till Gangotri on this day itself. We stay at a guesthouse overnight.
Day 02: Gangotri to Bhoj Kharak (3,780 m) | 5-6 hours
- After breakfast, we visit the temple of Gangotri and then we start the trek to Bhoj Kharak.
- It begins with a steep trail through the forest witnessing the flora and fauna of the region.
- The trek is about 8 km and it takes about 6 hours to reach and overnight camping at Bhoj Kharak.
Day 03: Bhoj Kharak to Kedar Kharak | 4km, 4-5 hours trek
- After breakfast, we will start the trek. The trail passes through a beautiful birch forest.
- The walk is for 4km and it takes 4-5 hours to reach Kedar Kharak which is quite a steep path.
- We can witness Bhrigupanth peak in the backdrop.
- The walk is for 4 km and would take 4-5 hours to reach the campsite.
- Have sumptuous dinner at the campsite and camp overnight to end the day.
Day 04: Kedar Kharak to Kedartal (4425 m) | 5 km, 4-5 hours trek
- After the breakfast, we will start trek towards Kedartal which is at a height of 4425 m.
- Most of the route is on moraines and glacier covered with moraines. The path is considered to be laborious and crosses a difficult terrain.
- After walking for 4-5 hours we reach Kedartal, which is one of the most enchanting glacial lakes.
- Overnight camping at Kedartal.
Day 5: Rest day at Kedartal
- Rise early to witness the golden rays and the reflection off the lake surrounding the lake.
- As the day is a rest day, we are free to explore the lake and pristine surroundings.
- Overnight camping at Kedartal.
Day 6: Kedartal to Gangotri | 17 km, 7-8 hours trek
- Wake up and start the trek early as the day is a long one.
- Trek downhill about 17 km and it would take 7-8 hours to reach Gangotri.
- Reach Gangotri and check in to guest house and have freshly prepared dinner.
- Camp overnight to end the day.
Day 07: Gangotri to Dehradun | 242 km, 8 hours drive.
- Check out from the guest house and start the drive to Dehradun.
- It will take almost 8 hours to reach Dehradun and the trip ends here.
- Transportation to & fro from Dehradun
- Service of a knowledgeable guide and cook fees
- Forest entry charges
- Porter and mule support to carry camping equipment.
- All veg meals starting from day 1 dinner to day 7 breakfast.
- Tented accommodation throughout the trek. Possible guest house accommodation on Day 1 and Day 6.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 30 days
- 75% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.