Nanda Devi Base Camp Trek
Nanda Devi the second highest peak in India which is at a height of 7,816 meters is one of the finest high altitude treks in India. This peak is a grapevine to every trekker from different parts of the world. Nanda Devi Base Camp Trek is the sole route to trekkers to witness the twin peaks-Nand Devi and Nanda Devi East ,after the closure of Nanda Devi Inner Sanctuary.The route to the Nanda Devi True base Camp passes through the Incredible Milam Valley & through several ancient villages, alpine meadows and glaciated tracks. The trek to Nanda Devi East Base Camp takes you off at an altitude of 4,200 meters. Nanda Devi Base Camp Trek gives you the magnificent view of Rishi Parvat at 6,692 meters, Hardeol at 7,151 meters and Trishul I at 7,074 meters.
- Trek to the true base camp of Second Highest Mountain Peak in India
Munsiari is connected to Kathgodam near Nainital via Road Link.On arrival check in to hotel for overnight stay
Rise up Early and start your day 1 trek to Lilam via darkot. From Darkot the trek descents down to the Gori Ganga and continues descending until you arrive at River Jimighat. The Trek starts ascending to to Lilam. On arrival setup camp for dinner and overnight stay.
Rise Up Early. In the morning start your trek up to Bugdiar. Enroute cross over dense Utees Forest and other alpine trees. Continue your walk upto Bugdiar for a while and crossing Nain Singh Top and Riargiri. Budgiyar Grass land offers you close look into the local Shepherd's life & one might spot flocks of sheep and goats at the meadows of Bugdiar. On arrival set up campsite. Dinner and overnight stay in tents.
Resume trekking along the Gori Ganga through series of narrow gorges. This day's trail passes through gorges and meadows leading to Railkot. The trek continues to the village Martoli situated at the edge of Lwan Gad Valley. Overnight stay in tents
Head over to Meadows of Naspanpatta. This day's trail is full of thrill and one crosses a series of moraine fields and famous meadows of Sartol Kharak (3650 M). Overnight in Camps.
Head over to Nanda Devi Base Camp.
In the morning will set out a trek for Nanda Devi Advance Base Camp. Explore the terrain and return back in the base camp for dinner & overnight stay.
Trace back the same route back to Martoli
Trace Back the same route
Head back to Munsiari.
- Accommodation in Hotel/ Guest house in Munsiari on Day 1 and Munsiari on Day 10
- Accommodation in tents on sharing basis while camping during trekking.
- All meals – starting Breakfast on Dinner on Day 1 to dinner on day 10 (All Veg Meals + Egg meals )
- Experinced Trip Leader.
- Services of an experienced and certified Mountaineer & trekking route guide.
- Cook & attendant during the trekking
- All necessary technical equipments required for the trek(Sleeping bags,Sleeping Mats, Camps)
- Camping Fees, Entry fees and Trekking Permits.These charges are different for Foreign and Indian Travellers
- Porterage fees for Carrying Kitchen/camping equipments/Food material
- Service Tax of 9% as applicable by govt. of India
- Any airfare / Bus fare / train fare or airport tax
- Meals other then mentioned in cost inclusion
- Trekking Shoes and clothing and other items of personal belonging.
- Any kind of insurance, Medical evacuation charges, Travel insurance, repatriation charges, Damages/ claims of any nature, Expenses of personal nature like telephone calls, Laundry, Any kind of hard or soft drinks.
- Any kind of personal clothing
- Any other expense not mentioned in the cost inclusion column.
- Any cost arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as bad weather, landslides , road conditions and any other circumstances
- beyond our control.
- Personal porter to carry Luggage
- Any cost for Road Transfers from Delhi to Kathgodam, Kathgodam to Munsiari and Return.
Question 1- Is this Trek Safe for Amateurs
Some Degree of Fitness is required to Complete this trek. An experience into High Altitude Trekking Expeditions is required and can safely complete this trek with in the designated time.
Question 2- What is the maximum Altitude Covered
The maximum altitude covered during the trek is 15000 ft. (Nanda Devi Base Camp)
Question 3- What are the place covered in this trek.(Important)
The places covered are Kathgodam, Munsiari, Martoli, Milam, Naspanpatti , Nanda Devi base Camp
Question 4 -How will we deal with altitude acclimation?At higher altitudes
The kind we experience frequently on our treks- your cardiac and pulmonary systems are affected by lower oxygen density. Our bodies must adjust to the mountain elevation gradually, or we can become ill. Physical symptoms can range from general breathing difficulties all the way to acute mountain sickness (altitude sickness, soroche, or "the bends"). To avoid altitude-related maladies, we pace our treks appropriately and incorporate acclimatization days throughout the itinerary. There are points throughout many treks during which trekkers may choose to either tackle additional hikes/day trips or rest and relax as their bodies demand.
Question 5 -How do I Reach Munsiari
Munsiari is Well Connected from Kathgodam via State Transport Buses and Local Taxis.
Question 06-What other Peaks are spotted during the trek?
1-Rishi Parvat (6692 M),
2-Hardeol (7151 M)
3-Trishuli I (7074 M)
Case 1- Cancellation from Customer's end
- 30% of the deposit amount if cancelled 30 days prior to trip start date.
- 50% of the deposit amount if cancelled 20 days prior to trip start date.
- 90% of the Full amount if cancelled 10 days prior to trip start date.
Case 2- Cancellation due to Natural Contingency,Political Turmoil, Disaster
No Money will be Refunded in this case.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point: