Nanda Devi Base Camp Trek
Reach the heights of happiness through the trek to the peak of Nanda Devi which is the second highest peak in India.
- Trek to the true base camp of a second highest mountain peak in India
- Witness the views of incredible Milam Valley
Nanda Devi the second highest peak in India which is at a height of 7,816 meters is one of the finest high altitude treks in India. This peak is a grapevine to every trekker from different parts of the world. The route to the Nanda Devi true base camp passes through the incredible Milam Valley & through several ancient villages, alpine meadows and glaciated tracks. The trek to Nanda Devi East Base Camp takes you off at an altitude of 4,200 meters. Nanda Devi Base Camp Trek gives you the magnificent view of Rishi Parvat at 6,692 meters, Hardeol at 7,151 meters and Trishul I at 7,074 meters. The trek is strenuous and difficult and requires prior trekking experience and professional guidance. The surreal and virgin beauty of surrounding snow clad Himalayan ranges and trails passing through landscapes inhabiting several mountain species of flora and fauna encounter with the Himalayan birds amidst densely wooded forest trails and mesmerising meadows are some reasons of Nanda- Devi basecamp’s popularity worldwide.
- The guests are requested to report at Dehradun railway station/bus stand by 6:00 am.
- We start early morning drive from Dehradun via road towards Kathgodam.
- Kathgodam being the mid-stop is one of the twin townships of Haldwani-Kathgodam located in Nainital district of Uttarakhand.
- Reach Kathgodam and check in to a guest house to rest for the night.
Day 02: Kathgodam - Munsiyari ( 379 km ) 9-10 hours Drive
- Check out from the guest house after breakfast, and start the drive from Kathgodam.
- We drive for about 9-10 hours to reach Munsiyari, the trail passes by Chaukori which has tea estates and amazing hilly views.
- Reach Munsiyari and check in to a guest house and stay for the night.
Day 03: Munayari – Lilam (1850 meters. ) | 7 km
- Today is the first day of our trek and the trek is an easy one.
- Trek for about 7 km to reach Lilam village which is known for the local Garhwali culture.
- We can visit Maa Bhagwati temple which is on the way.
- Reach campsite at Lilam and after the dinner overnight stay at the campsite.
Day 04: Lilam- Bogudiyar (2609 meters. ) | 12 km
- Start the trek after having breakfast at the campsite.
- The trail passes through dense forest, lush green meadows and also through some water streams.
- Trek for 12 km to reach the campsite, which is next to Gori Ganga river.
- Overnight stay at the campsite.
Day 05: Bogudiyar- Rilkot (3130 meters.) | 12 km
- The trail of the today becomes challenging towards the ascend and we get to witness some Himalayan mountains.
- Trek for 12 km to reach the campsite at Rilkot and camp overnight after the dinner.
- This campsite is also beside the river, so we can enjoy the river view at the campsite.
Day 06: Rilkot- Ghanghar (3300 meters) | 13 km
- After breakfast, start the trek in the morning to Ghanghar and the trail unfolds awesome landscapes.
- We can witness the Himalayan ranges in the trail, and we walk for 13 km to reach the campsite at Ghanghar.
- At night, we camp at Ghanghar to end the day
Day 07: Ghanghar- Pachu Glacier ( 4000 meters.) | 7kms
- Start the trek early towards Pachu glacier which has a steep ascent.
- We walk through dense woods surrounded by rhododendrons. This would be a 7 km walk.
- Reach the campsite at Pachu glacier and overnight camping.
Day 08: Rest Day at the Nanda Devi Base Camp
- Wake up to the breathtaking sunrise of Nandadevi peak, as our campsite is located on the eastern side.
- Witness the stunning views of the peaks and soak in the magnificence of nature.
- As this is a rest day, you can explore the surroundings or just rest to end the day.
Day 09: Pachu Glacier- Martoli | 17 km
- We will start the trek early morning today and start our descent after breakfast.
- Trek for 17 km to reach the basecamp at Martoli, and this is a Garhwal village that offers a great exposure of Garhwali culture.
- We can get a perfect frame of Nanda Devi peak from this village.
- After dinner, we spend the night at the homestay here.
Day 10: Martoli -Rargari | 20 km
- Start the trek after breakfast from Martoli and today the trail is easy and takes us to the road access point at Rargari.
- It is 20 km walk from Martoli and passes through small villages and forests.
- Stay at Rargari for the last day of the trek.
Day 11: Rargari- Kathgodam | 310 km, 9-10 hours drive
- We proceed back towards Kathgodam via road enjoy the surrounding landscape.
- Stop for lunch in nearby village enroute.
- We reach Kathgodam and stay in the guest house for the night.
Day 12: Kathgodam- Dehradun | 272 km 7-8 hours drive
- We start the drive early morning after breakfast for our return to Dehradun
- We are expected to reach by early evening to end the tour.
- Transportation from Dehradun to Dehradun.
- Service of knowledgeable guide and cook.
- Tented accommodation on sharing (triple/quadraple) basis throughout the trek.
- Possible guest house accommodation on day 1, day 2, day 9, day 10 & day 11.
- Porter and mule support to carry camping equipment.
- Rent for camping equipment
- Forest entry charges.
- All veg meals starting from day 1 dinner to day 12 breakfast.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
Similar Exciting Activities
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.