Om( ॐ) Parvat Trek in Uttarakhand
An ancient magical and inspiring Himalayan peak, the Om Parvat trek has a vast collection of mythological stories around it. Rising to an altitude of 6,191m, this peak is also referred to by several other names such as Adi Kailash, Chota Kailash, Baba Kailash, and Jonglingkong. A virgin peak largely because of its religious significance, the most astounding trait of this peak is the miraculous impression of “OM” naturally formed with the deposition of snow against black background of the mountain. Being the only one to be discovered among 8 such natural “OM” formations in the Himalayas, Om Parvat is also part of the Kailash trilogy in the Himalayas which consists of Kailash Manasasarovar (Bada Kailash – Tibet, China), Adi Kailash (Chota Kailash, Om Parvat – Kumaon, Uttarakhand), and Kinnaur Kailash (Himachal Pradesh). Om Parvat Trek in Uttarakhand is a moderately difficult alpine trek, this trail is for the experienced seasoned trekker.
- Journey to Om Parvat The most astounding trait of this peak is the miraculous impression of “OM” naturally formed with the deposition of snow against black background of the mountain.
- Journey to Adi kailash
From Kathgodam drive to Darchula, lunch enroute. A beautiful village located in the right bank of Kali River. Arrival at Darchula by evening. Upon arrival check in to hotel. Dinner and overnight stay at the hotel.
Reach Gala by evening. Dinner and overnight stay at Gala in tent.
In the morning after breakfast set out for another challenging trek. You will find lush green valley, murmurings waterfalls falling like shower. In last couple of hrs we will trek a steep ascent till Budhi Village. Dinner and overnight stay in tents.
In the morning after breakfast start your trek with a steep climb to Chhiyalekh. Today we will also trek through lush green valley and with a numerous of wild flower. Today you can see also a glimpse of Mt. Annapurna and other Himalayan peaks. The trek is full of thrill with its beauty. Arrival at Gungi by evening. Dinner and overnight in tents.
In the morning, start your trek towards Kalapani. Kalapani River is named after the Kali Temple and is dedicated to Goddess Kali and Lord Shiva. The famous Vyas Gufa, where Maharishi Ved Vyas is believed to have stayed, is visible from the temple. Dinner and overnight stay in Kalapani
Start trekking towards Om Parvat is a famous mountain in the Himalayan mountain range and considered sacred by Hindus. Its snow disposition outline bears a resemblance to the sacred Hindu word OM . Have Darshan at Om Parvat and return back to Navidhang. Dinner and overnight stay in the tent.
You will trek towards Gunji, a small hamlet in the Pithoragarh district in the northern state of Uttarakhand, India. It is located close to the borders of Nepal and Tibet and the confluence of the Kali River and Kuthi River.
Trek from Gunji to Kutti to arrive by evening. Dinner and overnight in tent
Trek from Kutti to Jollingkong to arrive by evening. Dinner and overnight at Jollingkong.
Trek from Jollingkong to Adi Kailash. The trek is 4 kilometers in distance and goes through the Darshan of Adi Kailash. Halt at Parvati Sarovar for lunch. Retun back to Jollingkong.
Continue trek to Kutti. Arrive by evening. Dinner and overnight in tents.
Trek from Kutti to Gunji to arrive by evening. Dinner and overnight in tent.
Start your trek from Gunji to Budhi and reach there by evening. The trekking journey from Gunji to Budhi is just 17 kilometers. After reaching the place, there is lunch and overnight stay at tourist rest house in Budhi.
The journey from Budhi to Gala is 21 Kms. Arrive in the evening at Gala. Overnight at Gala.
A short trek to Mangti then drive to Dharchula. Check in at hotel.
After breakfast drive to Kathgodam. Drop at railway station. Tour ends here
- Accommodation in Hotels on twin sharing basis on Day 1 & Day 15
- Accommodation in Camps while on trek on sharing basis.
- All Meals while on trek (Veg.)
- Inner line Permit to restricted / protected areas of Uttarakhand.
- All elements of Trekking & Camping Fees.
- Basic first aid kit carried by our tour guide.
- Experienced trek Leader, Guide and Support staff to help trekkers during the trek.
- Luxury water proof tents, sleeping bags/ Bedding, insulated mattresses, Rucksacks and camping equipment.
- All Road Transfers from Kathgodam to Dharchula and Back
- All Road Transfers from Dharchula to Trek start point and Trek end point to Dharchula.
- Driver allowance, toll charge, state govt. taxes
- Any airfare & train fare & Bus Fare apart from mentioned above in inclusion.
- Travel & medical insurance.
- Any rescue service expenses.
- Accompanied paramedic/ doctor.
- Any Kind of Drinks (Alcoholic, Mineral, Aerated) Camera fee, soft or hard drinks, starters.
- Service Tax of 9 % as per updated regulations
- Porter/ Ponies services for Traveler’s personal luggage.
- Temples, Monument & Museum Entrance Fees
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Question 1- Is this Trek Safe for Amateurs
Some Degree of Fitness is required to Complete this trek. An experience into High Altitude Trekking Expeditions is required and can safely complete this trek with in the designated time.
Question 2- What is the maximum Altitude Covered
The maximum altitude covered during the trek is 16000 ft.
Question 3 -How will we deal with altitude acclimation?At higher altitudes
The kind we experience frequently on our treks- your cardiac and pulmonary systems are affected by lower oxygen density. Our bodies must adjust to the mountain elevation gradually, or we can become ill. Physical symptoms can range from general breathing difficulties all the way to acute mountain sickness (altitude sickness, soroche, or "the bends"). To avoid altitude-related maladies, we pace our treks appropriately and incorporate acclimatization days throughout the itinerary. There are points throughout many treks during which trekkers may choose to either tackle additional hikes/day trips or rest and relax as their bodies demand.
Question 4 -How do I Reach Kathgodam
Kathgodam by Volvo Bus Service, Train and Taxi service from Delhi
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
Similar Exciting Activities
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.