Guwahati - Tawang Cycling Expedition
- One has to cycle through one of the highest motor able road in the world which is situated at a height of 13,680 ft.
- In this route there are more army camps than one could count.
- Breathe taking views of magnificent mountains and valleys covers with dense forest flows with the route.
- Visit Jaswanth Garh , a memorial to the brave soldier Veer Jaswant Singh, who single-handedly tried to hold the Chinese army for 72 hours during 1962 Indo- China war.
- Hot water spring at Dirang.
- Visit Bomdila Monastery and Jung falls.
Day 1: Guwahati
Guwahati, the largest city of Assam situated on the banks of Brahmaputra River. On arrival in Guwahati, you will be welcomed by our representative and would be escorted to the hotel /guest house. After freshening up, there will be a short briefing session on the tour.
Post briefing, you can explore the city on your own / can sit back and relax at the hotel.
Day 2: Guwahati - Bhalukpong (245 km, By Vehicle)
We will be travelling from Guwahati to Bhalukpong on road and will be accommodated in a hotel in Bhalukpong. Bhalukpong is the entry point to Arunachal Pradesh. In the evening hours we will be have a pre expedition ride in and around the locality. Followed with delicious dinner and good night sleep.
Day 3: Bhalukpong - Jamiri (61 km, 5-6 hrs)
Day starts with a healthy breakfast, followed by our ride from Bhalukpong to Jamiri . We will be riding along the Kameng River, lush forest and sights of snow-clad Himalayan Range. Overnight stay at Jamiri.
Day 4: Jamiri - Bomdila (52 km, 5-6 hrs)
This route is a mixed of all, includes mostly uphill with a few downhill slopes and with some slices of off beaten roads.
Day 5: Bomdila-Dirang (44 km, 5-6 hrs)
On Day 5, after climbing for a short distance there is a long downhill ride. We will find few small shops on the way to Dirang , it’s a small town situated on the bank of river Kameng and the weather here is pleasant during most of the year.
Day 6: Rest day at Dirang.
Best part of day 6 is the hot spring, which is few km ahead of Dirang town, a spa treat to relax after a tiring day. We can also visit Sangti Valley which is located nearly 14 km from our hotel. The valley is encircled with the tall hill ranges. The valley is also suitable for bird watcher.
Day 7: Dirang - Senge (35 km, 5-6 hrs)
Senge is the last town where we will find accommodation before reaching the next destination Jung. There won’t be any option for a stay over between Senge and Jung, which is a distance of 66 km. Next day would be a tough ride day among all, so need to prepare mentally and physically.
Day 8: Senge - Sella Pass- Jung (66 km, 8-9 hrs)
It would be an early morning breakfast as we will have to go for a long and tough ride through one of the Highest Motorable Pass with an altitude of 13,680 ft. known as Sella Pass. After riding for about 16 km ahead of Sella Pass , is Jaswanth Garh , a memorial to the brave soldier Veer Jaswant Singh, who single-handedly tried to hold the Chinese army for 72 hours during 1962 Indo-China war. Stay over at Jung.
Day 9: Jang - Tawang (30 km, 4-5 hrs)
On the winning ride towards the final destination, there is a waterfall known as Jung falls on the way to Tawang. After a 30 km happy ride, we will be stationed at Tawang.
Day 10: Explore Tawang on your own.
Check out after breakfast and explore Tawang on your own. Tawang, the land of the Monpa Tribe is also famous for the monastery which 400 years old and is the second largest Monastery in Asia. Tawang is also famous for some fine natural lakes viz. Sangetsar(Madhuri) Lake, P Tso Lake and the India-China border at Bumla.
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis
- Breakfast, packed/hot lunch and dinner, snacks at all locations
- Mineral Water, Chocolates, Fruits, Juice
- Two Nutrition halts during the cycling course everyday
- Local guide and mechanic service
- Cycle rent
- Support Vehicle
- First Aid Kit and basic medical and high altitude kit is always available at hand to all the riders. A couple of oxygen cylinders would also be carried for any emergencies
- There will be a cycle mechanic travelling along with the group
- All required local permits for the ride would be arranged(Indian national only)
- Service tax
- A luggage vehicle to carry your luggage
- A well marked route
- A strong member crew for daily operations
- A celebration in Tawang
- All programs are subject to change due to political reason, natural calamities, serious sickness, and special reasons.
- We might be forced to change/modify the itinerary and also reserves the right to do so, due to unforeseen disruptions by natural forces.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
Guwahati Airport/Train station