Built by Sultan Sikandar in 1400 AD, this mosque located in the old town remains one of the most important mosques in the Srinagar region. It’s from here that many of the administrative duties of the Sultan were carried out. The complex can house up to 33,000 worshipers and is a fine example of the Indo-Saracenic architecture style, incorporating some 300 wooden pillars and a construction which is regarded but locally and widely as one of the best examples which retains the original style of the period.
THINGS TO KNOW
Historical, Heritage, Scenic, Pilgrimage