Mahabalipuram & Kanchipuram Day Tour from Chennai
In this day tour from Chennai, visit Mahabalipuram and Kanchipuram - the two of the ancient locations with rich history & culture literally in every corner. Visit the most famous ancient temples, stone carvings and UNESCO World Heritage monuments on this day tour.
Mahabalipuram & Kanchipuram Tour Highlights
- Explore some of the best ancient stone carvings in the world and incredible architecture and monolithic monuments at Mahabalipuram, East Coast of India
- On this Mahabalipuram tour starting from Chennai, visit Kanchipuram a city of famous for ancient Hindu temples
- Enjoy a day sightseeing in Mahabalipuram & Kanchipuram away from the hustle & bustle of the city.
- Experience the grandeur of monuments like Shore Temple, a living proof of amazing medieval architecture.
- Travel with convenient transfers from your Chennai hotel or residence in this private day tour.
Mahabalipuram & Kanchipuram Tour Overview
Mahabalipuram, the combination of lovely beach and spectacular single rock cut carvings, known more for its sculptures and architecture. The monuments were carved by the Pallava Dynasty in 7th centuries, nearly 1400 years ago. The Rock-cut monuments are well preserved for the tourists to study the Cultural Heritage of India. History lovers will enjoy every inch of each stone at Mahabalipuram. A walk across the carvings will bring you the whole era on the stone to your vision. The difficulty level in the accuracy of workmanship in the architecture and the carvings on the solid stones will leave you stunned.
One of the oldest temples among the South Indian Temples has been listed in the World Heritage sites of the UNESCO. The temple is popular as it is at the seashore with full of carvings inside. Mahabalipuram (Mamallapuram) also has many hotels and beach resorts for the tourists to stay. Mahabalipuram beach with its golden white sand is one of the most beautiful beaches in Tamil Nadu. Mahabalipuram is also comping-up as a great place for surfing and other water sports.
The trip not only takes you from Chennai to Mahabalipuram in comfort of your private vehicle but also covers the temple town of Kanchipuram. Also known as the City of One Thousand Temples, Kanchipuram is known for the grandeur and architecture of its temples. Temples are found everywhere here and Kanchipuram has a rich cultural history and is one of the oldest cities in India. This is a perfect package to see Mahabalipuram and Kanchipuram on a day trip from Chennai.
Note: You can visit both Mahabalipuram and Pondicherry in this 2 Day Tour from Chennai.
Mahabalipuram & Kanchipuram Day Trip Itinerary
- Your tour starts pick-up from your Chennai hotel/airport and drive to Kanchipuram which is a 3 hours journey from Chennai.
- We will reach Kanchipuram and visit attractions like Kamakshi Amman Temple, Ekambareswarar Temple, Varadharaja Perumal Temple, Kanchi Kailasanathar Temple, and Devarajaswami Temple.
- We can stop in a local restaurant for lunch at your own expense.
- Next we will drive to Mahabalipuram which is 2 hour travel time from Kancheepuram.
- In Mahabalipuram, visit Arjuna Penance, Five Rathas, and Tiger Cave - group of monuments which forms UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Take a visit to Sea Shore Temple, which overlooks the shore of Bay of Bengal.
- If time permits you can also visit Dakshinachitra on way back. It showcases traditional arts and crafts from South India.
- We will start driving back to Chennai and the guests are dropped back to the hotel.
- This is not a guided tour, the driver will not be the guide for the tour.
- This is an outstation tour hence the vehicle can not be used for the local city tour.
- All transportation using Private Air-conditioned Sedan Car or SUV
- Pickup and drop-off in Chennai hotel or residence
- Driver and fuel charges
- All highway toll charges
- Itinerary mentioned is a suggestion, you can add/skip places.
- 300 km of usage (Extra kilometre charges will be applicable after the limit, please refer Important Information Section for details)
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We have two options Sedans & bigger SUVs. In Sedans we provide Suzuki Dzire, Toyota Etios mostly, sometimes it could be Nissan Sunny. In SUVs we provide Toyotta Innova, Mahindra Xylo, Suzuki Ertiga. You can request a particular model while booking in \'Special Request\' and we try to provide it however you can not pick and choose exact car models. We operate only AC vehicles and hatchbacks are not available.
Yes, all sightseeing tours need to be booked in advance. Tours often sell out so we suggest booking early to guarantee your desired tour day. Bookings are completely online and you can book on Website or Mobile app.
The itinerary mentioned on these private tours are a suggestion for your destination. You are free to skip or add other points. Let your personal driver know if you want to visit other places.
As this is a private tour, you are free to spend as much time you seem fit on each attraction. Some landmarks are more time-consuming than others and you can decide where to spend how much time. Just keep in mind the hourly usage included in your Tour, extra charges would apply if that limit is exceeded. Also night charges apply if you cross night time, please check Inclusions/Exclusions/Important Info for details.
You need to book online from this page. We accept only online bookings. Booking is confirmed instantly through SMS and Email. Driver & Cab details are sent on SMS/Email 3-6 hours before pick-up time.
No. All our tours are private and exclusively for your family or group.
If you wish to have an English driver who would drive you around the tour or drop you from one place to another, please mention the same in the Special Request section while booking. Any request would be taken into consideration and we will try arranging the same, although it\'s not a 100% Guarantee.
No these are purely sightseeing tours and we do not do provide stay/accommodation or do Hotel bookings on for you as part of these tours. For Multi-day sightseeing tours, you need to book your hotels yourself.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 3990 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.