Mahabalipuram & Kanchipuram Day Tour from Chennai
Witness the places in Mahabalipuram and Kanchipuram on this ten hours day tour from Chennai. Both are the ancient locations possessing rich heritage and cultural history in their temples, iconic monuments and stone carvings.
On this Chennai tour starting from Mahabalipuram and heading on to Kanchipuram, a city famous for ancient Hindu temples, explore some of the best stone carvings in the world and incredible architecture and monolithic monuments at the East Coast of India.
Enjoy a day sightseeing in Mahabalipuram & Kanchipuram away from the hustle & bustle of the city.
Experience the grandeur of monuments like Shore Temple, a living proof of amazing medieval architecture.
Hassle-free pick up and drop facility.
There are a lot of places to visit in Mahabalipuram and Kanchipuram when on a tour from Chennai. On one hand, Mahabalipuram is the combination of beaches and rock-cut carvings, whereas, Kanchipuram is the city of grandeur architecture and temples. It depicts the history of Pallava dynasty carved out beautifully and in an extremely detailed manner. The places also include few World Heritage sites declared by UNESCO, which further prompts you to take your next trip via this tour package. Mahabalipuram is also coming up with some water sports activities to cater to every type of tourists. So don’t wait any longer to enrich your inside travel monger!
Mahabalipuram & Kanchipuram Day Trip Itinerary
- Your tour starts pick-up from your Chennai hotel/airport and drive to Kanchipuram which is a 3 hours journey from Chennai.
- We will reach Kanchipuram and visit attractions like Kamakshi Amman Temple, Ekambareswarar Temple, Varadharaja Perumal Temple, Kanchi Kailasanathar Temple, and Devarajaswami Temple.
- We can stop in a local restaurant for lunch at your own expense.
- Next we will drive to Mahabalipuram which is 2 hour travel time from Kancheepuram.
- In Mahabalipuram, visit Arjuna Penance, Five Rathas, and Tiger Cave - group of monuments which forms UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Take a visit to Sea Shore Temple, which overlooks the shore of Bay of Bengal.
- If time permits you can also visit Dakshinachitra on way back. It showcases traditional arts and crafts from South India.
- We will start driving back to Chennai and the guests are dropped back to the hotel.
- This is not a guided tour, the driver will not be the guide for the tour.
- This is an outstation tour hence the vehicle can not be used for the local city tour.
- All transportation using Private Air-conditioned Sedan Car or SUV.
- Pickup and drop-off in Chennai hotel or residence.
- Driver and fuel charges.
- Itinerary mentioned is a suggestion, you can add/skip places.
- 300 km of usage (Extra kilometre charges will be applicable after the limit, please refer Important Information Section for details).
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 4090 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.