Mahabalipuram and Kanchipuram Day Tour from Chennai
Mahabalipuram, the combination of lovely beach and single rock cut carvings, known more for its architecture; the monuments were carved by the Pallava Dynasty in 7th centuries, nearly 1400 years ago. The Rock-cut monuments are well preserved for the tourists to study the Cultural Heritage of India. History lovers will enjoy every inch of each stones at Mahabalipuram. A walk across the carvings will bring you the whole era on the stone to your vision. The difficulty level in the accuracy of architecture’s workmanship and the carvings on the solid stones will leave you stunned.
One of the oldest temples among the South Indian Temples has been listed in the World Heritage sites of the UNESCO. The temple is popular as it is at the sea shore with full of carvings inside. Mahabalipuram also has splendid places for the tourists to stay.
Also known as the City of One Thousand Temples, Kanchipuram is known for the grandeur and architecture of its temples. Temples are found everywhere here and Kanchipuram has rich cultural history and is one of the oldest cities in India.
- Explore some of the best stone carving in the world
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city in a private AC Car
- Pick-up/drop from hotel or residence included
- Pick-up from Hotel
- Drive to Kanchipuram
- Reach Kanchipuram
- Visit Kamakshi Amman Temple, Ekambareswarar Temple, Varadharaja Perumal Temple, Kanchi Kailasanathar Temple and Devarajaswami Temple
- Drive to Mahabalipuram
- Visit Arjuna Penace, Five Rathas, Tiger Cave
- Visit Sea Shore Temple
- Start drive back to Chennai
This is not a Guided Tour
- All transportation using private Air-Conditioned Sedan or SUV
- Pickup and drop-off in Chennai Hotel or Residence
- Driver and fuel charges
- Itinerary mentioned is a suggestion, you can add/skip places.
- 250 Kms of usage (more than enough for the itinerary)
- Monument entrance fees
- Any Toll and Parking fees (To be paid on actual)
- Personal expenses
- Any meals
- Night charge of Rs. 250 applicable if used beyond 10:00PM.
- Pick-up only for Chennai City limits only
- Pick-up and drop points need to be same location
Pick up & drop off location can be different but extra charges will apply as per distance from pick-up location. To be paid to the driver directly.
- Rs. 10/13 per KM extra charge over 250 Kms if crossed as per vehicle type.
- Night charges applicable after 10pm: Rs. 250 for Sedan and Rs. 300 for SUV
- This is not a Guided Tour
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We have two options Sedans & bigger SUVs. In Sedans we provide Suzuki Dzire, Toyota Etios mostly, sometimes it could be Nissan Sunny. In SUVs we provide Toyotta Innova, Mahindra Xylo, Suzuki Ertiga. You can request a particular model while booking in 'Special Request' and we try to provide it however you can not pick and choose exact car models. We operate only AC vehicles and hatchbacks are not available.
97 travellers found this helpful
Yes, all sightseeing tours need to be booked in advance. Tours often sell out so we suggest booking early to guarantee your desired tour day. Bookings are completely online and you can book on Website or Mobile app.
95 travellers found this helpful
You need to book online from this page. We accept only online bookings. Booking is confirmed instantly through SMS and Email. Driver & Cab details are sent on SMS/Email 3-6 hours before pick-up time.
14 travellers found this helpful
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
Chennai Hotel or Residence
₹ 3290 Per Vehicle