Mahabalipuram & Kanchipuram Day Tour from Chennai
Witness the places in Mahabalipuram and Kanchipuram on this ten hours day tour from Chennai. Both are the ancient locations possessing rich heritage and cultural history in their temples, iconic monuments and stone carvings.
Connect with us Live by Clicking on 'Chat' or Whatsapp Click Here
On this Chennai tour starting from Mahabalipuram and heading on to Kanchipuram, a city famous for ancient Hindu temples, explore some of the best stone carvings in the world and incredible architecture and monolithic monuments at the East Coast of India.
Enjoy a day sightseeing in Mahabalipuram & Kanchipuram away from the hustle & bustle of the city.
Experience the grandeur of monuments like Shore Temple, a living proof of amazing medieval architecture.
Hassle-free pick up and drop facility.
Note: In response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are currently in effect by this operator.
There are a lot of places to visit in Mahabalipuram and Kanchipuram when on a tour from Chennai. On one hand, Mahabalipuram is the combination of beaches and rock-cut carvings, whereas, Kanchipuram is the city of grandeur architecture and temples. It depicts the history of Pallava dynasty carved out beautifully and in an extremely detailed manner. The places also include few World Heritage sites declared by UNESCO, which further prompts you to take your next trip via this tour package. Mahabalipuram is also coming up with some water sports activities to cater to every type of tourists. So don’t wait any longer to enrich your inside travel monger!
Mahabalipuram & Kanchipuram Day Trip Itinerary
- Your tour starts with a pick-up from your Chennai hotel/residence and then you will be driven to Kanchipuram which is a 3 hours journey from Chennai.
- You will reach Kanchipuram and visit attractions like Kamakshi Amman Temple, Ekambareswarar Temple, Varadharaja Perumal Temple, Kanchi Kailasanathar Temple, and Devarajaswami Temple.
- You can stop in a local restaurant for lunch at your own expense.
- Next up you will be driven to Mahabalipuram which is 2 hour travel time from Kancheepuram.
- In Mahabalipuram, visit Arjuna Penance, Five Rathas, and Tiger Cave - a group of monuments that forms the UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Take a visit to Sea Shore Temple, which overlooks the shore of Bay of Bengal.
- If time permits you can also visit Dakshinachitra on way back. It showcases traditional arts and crafts from South India.
- You will start to be driven back to Chennai and will be dropped back at the hotel.
- This is not a guided tour, the driver will not be the guide for the tour.
- This is an outstation tour hence the vehicle can not be used for the local city tour.
- All transportation using Private Air-conditioned Sedan Car or SUV.
- Pickup and drop-off in Chennai hotel or residence.
- Driver and fuel charges.
- The itinerary mentioned is a suggestion, you can add/skip places.
- 250 km of usage (Extra kilometre charges will be applicable after the limit, please refer Important Information Section for details).
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We have two options Sedans & bigger SUVs. In Sedans we provide Suzuki Dzire, Toyota Etios mostly, sometimes it could be Nissan Sunny. In SUVs we provide Toyotta Innova, Mahindra Xylo, Suzuki Ertiga. You can request a particular model while booking in \'Special Request\' and we try to provide it however you can not pick and choose exact car models. We operate only AC vehicles and hatchbacks are not available.
Yes, all sightseeing tours need to be booked in advance. Tours often sell out so we suggest booking early to guarantee your desired tour day. Bookings are completely online and you can book on Website or Mobile app.
The itinerary mentioned on these private tours are a suggestion for your destination. You are free to skip or add other points. Let your personal driver know if you want to visit other places.
As this is a private tour, you are free to spend as much time you seem fit on each attraction. Some landmarks are more time-consuming than others and you can decide where to spend how much time. Just keep in mind the hourly usage included in your Tour, extra charges would apply if that limit is exceeded. Also night charges apply if you cross night time, please check Inclusions/Exclusions/Important Info for details.
You need to book online from this page. We accept only online bookings. Booking is confirmed instantly through SMS and Email. Driver & Cab details are sent on SMS/Email 3-6 hours before pick-up time.
If you wish to have an English driver who would drive you around the tour or drop you from one place to another, please mention the same in the Special Request section while booking. Any request would be taken into consideration and we will try arranging the same, although it\'s not a 100% Guarantee.
No these are purely sightseeing tours and we do not do provide stay/accommodation or do Hotel bookings on for you as part of these tours. For Multi-day sightseeing tours, you need to book your hotels yourself.
No. All our tours are private and exclusively for your family or group.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 4390 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.