Pondicherry Day Tour from Chennai
Pondicherry, the city whose history was first recorded by the Dutch colonialists, experience its rich culture and visit the famous Aurobindo Ashram. Take a pause, let the beaches of Pondicherry enchant you.
- While in Pondicherry visit Aurobindo Ashram.
- Walk around Auroville.
- Spend time at the Pondicherry beach.
- Visit Manakula Vinayagar temple, Chunnambar boat house and the botanical garden.
Pondicherry is the capital city and also the largest city of Indian union territory of Puducherry. Its history was first recorded by the Dutch, French and also the English colonialists. Pondicherry is located in the southern Indian state of Tamil Nadu and is famous for its beautiful beaches. The area was part of the Pallava kingdom of Kanchipuram in the 4th century. Pondicherry's average elevation is at sea level, and a number of sea inlets, referred to as "backwaters" can be found.
- The tour starts early, our driver will pick you up at 6:00 - 7:00am from your hotel or residence in Chennai.
- Drive from Chennai to Pondicherry will take up to 5 hours, we will stop for breakfast on the way.
- Upon reaching Pondicherry, commonly known as Pondy, we can begin the tour with the visit to the famous Auroville.
- Next place of the visit after Auroville can be Aurobindo Ashram, set up in 1926 and is a must visit attraction.
- After the visit to the Ashram, take a nice walk on the promenade at the Pondicherry beach.
- Stop by a local restaurant to try out cuisine for lunch.
- Post lunch, visit the Manakula Vinayagar temple, Chunnambar boat house and the Botanical garden.
- We will start our drive back to Chennai by 5:00 pm.
- Get dropped back to your hotel/residence by 9:30 pm (estimated time).
- All transportation using private Air-conditioned Sedan Car or SUV
- Pickup and drop-off in Chennai city limits
- Driver and Fuel charges
- All highway tolls
- 400 km of usage (can be exceeded with extra charges)
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We have two options Sedans & bigger SUVs. In Sedans we provide Suzuki Dzire, Toyota Etios mostly, sometimes it could be Nissan Sunny. In SUVs we provide Toyotta Innova, Mahindra Xylo, Suzuki Ertiga. You can request a particular model while booking in \'Special Request\' and we try to provide it however you can not pick and choose exact car models. We operate only AC vehicles and hatchbacks are not available.
76 travellers found this helpful
Yes, all sightseeing tours need to be booked in advance. Tours often sell out so we suggest booking early to guarantee your desired tour day. Bookings are completely online and you can book on Website or Mobile app.
84 travellers found this helpful
No. All our tours are private and exclusively for your family or group.
6 travellers found this helpful
You need to book online from this page. We accept only online bookings. Booking is confirmed instantly through SMS and Email. Driver & Cab details are automatically sent on SMS/Email/Mobile App 3-6 hours before pick-up time.
5 travellers found this helpful
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 5790 Per Vehicle