Madu River Boat Safari & Turtle Hatchery Tour from Bentota
Discover the unique beauty of Maduganga nature by boat. You will see kraal-fishing constructions and fishermen making their way in rowing boats to collect their day's catch. You will pass several islands in this lovely river and stop in a cinnamon island to see the cinnamon making process. You will also visit an island temple. At the end of this memorable boat tour, you will be taken to visit a turtle hatchery in Kosgoda that is famous for its sea turtle conservation project operated by the Wild Life Protection Society of Sri Lanka. It was established in 1988 to protect Sri Lanka’s turtles from extinction. Since then it has released about 3.5 million baby turtles into the sea.
- Cruise in canopies, outboard motors powered boats
- See adorable little hatchlings or the older and wiser turtles doing their thing in the tanks
- 2:00pm - You will be picked up from your hotel and driven to Balapitiya
- 2:30pm - Start a memorable boat ride in Madu river and experience an exciting ride through the mangrove caves to visit some beautiful riverside attractions. You will be able to enjoy fish therapy and visit a cinnamon island & island temple during this boat tour.
- 5:00pm - Arrive at a Turtle Hatchery in Kosgoda. The turtle conservation project in Kosgoda is a famous attraction among the tourists. In addition to the hatching, they also have tanks for injured or disabled turtles, including albino turtles that would not survive in the sea.
- 6:00pm - You will be taken back to your hotel
- Hotel Pick-up and Drop-off
- Bottle of Water & Refreshments
- Boat Safari on Mudu River
- Entrance Fee to Turtle Hatchery
- Service of an English Speaking Chauffeur Guide
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 2453.85 Per Person