Galle and Bentota Day Excursion from Colombo
Sri Lanka’s south coast has many great places to visit. Admire the Lunuganga estate, luxurious countryside retreat of Sir Geoffrey Bawa. Visit the Kosgoda Turtle Hatchery where you get to see and also feed some of the baby turtles and they also have 7 different species of turtles all under one roof. See the birds, crocodiles, and water snakes from a boat ride through the Madu River. While boating through the river hop on to the island that is famous for cinnamon harvesting and get to see the process behind the harvesting. This island also has a Buddhist monastery which is famous for its historic significance. If you have time you can also head to an open Massage Parlor and get an amazing foot massage by tiny fishes.
- Explore South West coat of Sri Lanka starting from Colombo
- Visit the Galle Dutch Fort
- Witness rural life and marine wildlife while cruising on the Madu River
- Discover traditional mask making in Ambalangoda
- Visit a Turtle Hatchery and see baby turtles!
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off from Colombo included
- 7:00am - Pick-up from your hotel in Colombo and head to Galle
- 9.30am - Visit Galle Fort, a Portuguese-built and Dutch-fortified 16th-century fort with a rich history.
- 10:30am - Continue to Weligama and witness the skills of stilt fishermen. Visit turtle Tsunami Photo Museum, and the stilt fishermen.
- 12:00pm Visit Moon Stone mine. Visit Ambalangoda, famous for craft of native mask making. You can even purchase variety of masks available for sale here.
- 12:00pm - Visit Balapitiya and break for lunch
- 1:00pm - After lunch, you can discover the unique beauty of unspoiled lagoon and Maduganga River on a boat trip.
- 3.30pm - Late afternoon, you will visit a Turtle Hatchery in Kosgoda. home to See 7 species of marine turtles and other wild sea life.Visitors can see baby turtles.
- 4.30pm - Drive back to Colombo
- 6.30pm - Tour ends with drop-off at Hotel
- Roundtrip Transportation in Private Air Conditioned vehicle (Sedan Car or Van)
- Hotel Pick-up and Drop-off in Colombo, Negombo or Mount Lavinia
- Service of an English Speaking Chauffeur Guide
- Boat Ride in Balapitiya (Madu Ganga Ramsar Wetland)
- Entry fee to Turtle Hatchery
- Video and Camera Permits
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 2785.28 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.