2-Day Tour to Sigiriya & Dambulla with Minneriya Jeep Safari
Visit some of the top destinations of Sri Lanka on this 2 Day trip from Colombo which is a perfect mix of adventure, culture and history.
Visit the best preserved cave temple, Dambulla temple (also known as Golden temple). These caves are filled with religious paintings and sculptures. A 15m long sculpture of Buddha is the highlight of this place. The frescos on the walls and ceilings are from the 15th century and they depict scenes from the life of Buddha.
Next we visit the Sigiriya Rock. Sigiriya also known as the 8th wonder of the world is one of the historic monuments in Sri Lanka. This ancient cliff top fort includes remains of a ruined palace and a still well maintained terrace garden. Originally designed to resemble a sitting lion, now the upper body structure is completely ruined.
Next we go for a morning wildlife safari at Minneriya National Park. Get to see the famous largest gathering of Asian elephants on planet as they all come together on the banks of the water body in Minneriya Park.
- Experience adventure and get glimpse of ancient past with visit to Sigiriya or Lion's Rock Fortress
- Enjoy amazing views from top of Sigiriya rock
- Visit the UNESCO listed Dambulla Cave Temple & Golden Temple housing 157 Buddha sculptures
- See the artistic 5th century Frescoes and Mirror Wall
- Witness a thrilling largest gathering of Asian elephants on earth at Minneriya National Park
- Travel in private air-conditioned car with English Speaking Driver and All Entry fees included
- 6:30-7.30am - The tour starts with your hotel pick-up from Colombo, Negombo or Mount Lavinia. Your very own chauffeur guide drives you to Dambulla which is the first stop on your itinerary (Travel time: 3 hours approx)
- 10:30am - Arrive at Dambulla and visit the cave temple (UNESCO World Heritage Site)
- 1:00pm - Break for lunch at a local restaurant. Later you can explore the local arts by craftsmen at shops of the area.
- 2:30pm - Arrive in Sigiriya and climb the Sigiriya Rock Fortress which is known as one of the wonders of the world.
- 5:00pm approx - After Sigiriya we drive to your hotel (booked by you) at Sigiriya, Habarana or Dambulla
- 5:00am - You will be picked-up from your hotel situated in Habarana, Dambulla or Sigiriya.
- 5:30-10:00am - Enjoy Minneriya National Park by Jeep. There are numerous elephants in this park. Unlike in other national parks, elephants can be spotted at a relatively close range. This park has over 150 species of birds, about 9 types of amphibians and 25 varieties of reptiles. More than 75 butterfly species are found in this area. Park is also home to a rare bamboo trees not found in any other national park in Sri Lanka.
- 11:30am - We head towards Colombo. On way we stop for lunch at a restaurant.
- 5:00pm approx - Trip ends with drop at you Colombo hotel or address provided.
- Roundtrip Transportation in Private Air Conditioned vehicle (Sedan Car or Van)
- Hotel Pick-up and Drop-off
- Entrance Fee to the Sigiriya Rock Fortress, Dambulla Cave Temple
- Entrance to Minneriya National Park
- Minneriya Safari by Private 4x4 Jeep
- Service of an English Speaking Chauffeur Guide
- All Parking and Highway Toll charges where applicable
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 8380.8 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.