Gangasagar Day Trip from Kolkata
A day visit to Gangasagar, a sacred island where the holy Ganges meet the mighty Bay of Bengal.
- Visit one of the most sacred Hindu pilgrimage centers of the world.
- Explore the scenic island along with famous Kapil Muni Temple.
- Service of an experienced driver and a well-maintained car.
Gangasagar is an island that lies in the holy Ganges delta. In the southernmost part of Gangasagar, there is the confluence of the Ganges and the Bay of Bengal. On the day of Makar Sankranti i.e. 14th of January every year large of pilgrims flocculate in Gangasagar to take a dip in the holy waters of the confluence. This island attracts a large number of pilgrims from several states of India and also other countries throughout the year as well. The Gangasagar fair is held at the southern tip of the island annually and is the second largest congregation of mankind after the triennial ritual bathing of Kumbha Mela.
- Your tour begins with a pick-up from your hotel/residence in Kolkata city limits (select pick-up time while booking).
- Post which you will be driven to Gangasagar which about 100 kilometres and may take up to 2.5 hours.
- The cab will be parked near the Harwood point from where you have to board a ferry to Kachuberia ghat.
- The driver would wait for you at the Harwood point till your return.
- Once at Kachuberia ghat, you may need to board a jeep to Sagar island, it may take up to 60 minutes to cover the distance from Kachuberia ghat to Sagar island.
- Once at the Sagar island explore the island and visit the famous Kapil Muni Temple.
- It is here that you'll have a chance to witness the confluence of the river Ganga and the Bay of Bengal Sea.
- After spending time at the island, return back to Harwood point by a ferry from Kachuberia ghat.
- Board the cab and the driver will drive you back Kolkata.
- Get dropped back at your hotel/residence within the city limits of Kolkata.
- Hotel pickup and drop (within city limits)
- Charges for the private air-conditioned cab
- The driver and fuel charges
- Usage of the vehicle for 250 kilometres as per the itinerary
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 48 hour
- 50% refund if cancelled before 24 hour
- No refund after that
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We have two options Sedans & bigger SUVs. In Sedans we provide Suzuki Dzire, Toyota Etios mostly, sometimes it could be Nissan Sunny. In SUVs we provide Toyotta Innova, Mahindra Xylo, Suzuki Ertiga. You can request a particular model while booking in \'Special Request\' and we try to provide it however you can not pick and choose exact car models. We operate only AC vehicles and hatchbacks are not available.
No. All our tours are private and exclusively for your family or group.
You need to book online from this page. We accept only online bookings. Booking is confirmed instantly through SMS and Email. Driver & Cab details are automatically sent on SMS/Email/Mobile App 3-6 hours before pick-up time.
Yes, all sightseeing tours need to be booked in advance. Tours often sell out so we suggest booking early to guarantee your desired tour day. Bookings are completely online and you can book on Website or Mobile app.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 4310 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.