Legends of Kolkata Guided Tour
Take a guided tour of the residence of the legendary poet Rabindranath Tagore and also explore the house of Netaji Subash Chandra Bose, and let the architecturally beautiful Marble Palace enchant you.
- Take a tour of Jorasankho, the ancestral home of the Nobel Prize awardee Rabindranath Tagore.
- Learn about the life of one of the greatest freedom fighters in Indian history, Netaji Subash Chandra Bose.
- Visit the mesmerizing beautiful house of Raja Rajendra Mullick.
- Company of an experienced and local guide.
Kolkata (earlier known as Calcutta) is the capital of West Bengal and a major hub of East India. At one time Kolkata was the British capital in India and thereby had been greatly influenced by it. British style lamp posts and the yellow ambassador taxis that throng the streets are evidence to this. Commonly known as 'City of Joy', Kolkata is known for welcoming locals, street food, culture, literature, and most importantly sweets. This city was also home to the bravest freedom fighters and legendary poets whose contribution to India has been immense.
- Your tour will begin with a morning pick-up from your hotel/residence in Kolkata city limits, you will be welcomed on-board by your host/guide for the day.
- At around 10:00 am you will be visiting the first destination of the day, Jorasankho. This is the ancestral home of the Tagore family.
- It was built in the 18th century by Dwarkanath Tagore, the grandfather of India’s national poet, Rabindranath Tagore.
- You get to see a great collection of paintings, books, photographs, and manuscripts of Tagore and other 19th-century personalities.
- At around noon, you will be visiting the Marble Palace, built in the 19th century by Raja Rajendra Mullick, this beautiful mansion houses a variety of statues, a pond with a stone fountain featuring mermen and mermaids, a zoo and a rock garden.
- Marble Palace is the perfect place to experience the Bengali style of architecture and its open courtyards.
- Post lunch at around 3 pm you will be visiting the Netaji Bhavan, the residence of the great revolutionary leader Subhas Chandra Bose.
- He believed that the British had to be fought with violence and also aligned with Germany and Japan during the World War II in order to win Independence for India.
- The best things to see in this house is a staircase and the car Netaji used for his secret departure from Kolkata.
- Your tour will end at around 5 pm with a drop back to your hotel/residence.
- Service of an experienced guide
- Any entrance charges to the monuments
- Lunch during the tour
- All transportation using a private air-conditioned vehicle
- Pick up and drop to the hotel/residence
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 3990 Per Person