Gandikota and Lepakshi 2-Day Trip from Bangalore
Take a 2-day tour to the "Grand Canyon of India" - Gandikota and local tour to explore the architectural gems of Lepakshi from Bangalore in a private cab.
- See the huge Nandi Bull - the largest monolithic structure of India in Lepakshi.
- Visit Gandikota which is often compared to the Grand Canyon because of its gorge is on the right bank of the river Pennar.
- Service of an experienced driver and a comfortable vehicle.
Connect with us Live by clicking on the 'Chat' button or WhatsApp Click here
Gandikota, often compared to the Grand Canyon because of its gorge which is on the right bank of the river Pennar in the Kadapa District of Andhra Pradesh. The drive to this place is mesmerizing, so if you’re a road trip person, Gandikota is a must visit. You won’t realize what’s in store until you reach the end and you can’t help but be awe-struck. There are quite a few shrines and a mosque along with a fort here that are worth visiting and the river view is out of the world.
Lepakshi is a small village located about 120 km from Bangalore and 110 km from Anantapur in Andhra Pradesh. Situated in the Anantapur district, Lepakshi is a historically and archaeologically significant village. Lepakshi is famous for the 16th century Veerabhadra Temple built in Vijayanagara architectural style. Every year thousands of tourists visit this place from all over the world to watch the wonder of hanging pillar located in the famous Lepakshi temple. The hanging pillar which is one of its kind in the world is a sight to marvel at.
Day 1: Bangalore to Lepakshi and overnight stay at Gandikota town
- The tour begins with the guest's pick-up from their hotel/residence in Bangalore city limits at a time chosen while making the booking.
- The drive to Lepakshi in Andhra Pradesh is about 120 kilometres from Bangalore and may take up to 3 hours to reach.
- Once in Lepakshi, the team recommends the following attractions to visit:
- Veerbhadra Temple: Located in the centre of the village is the Veerbhadra Temple or commonly known as Lepakshi Temple. The most important feature of this temple is the 18 ft. tall Nagalinga, a monolithic carving of multi-headed snake shielding the Shivalinga.
- Frescoes of Lepakshi: The Lepakshi temple has one of the finest mural paintings of Vijayanagar Empire. It is also believed to be the largest in India from that era. Mural paintings depict different parts from sacred texts such as one depicting Shiva-Parvathi wedding.
- Hanging Pillar of Lepakshi: Call it a legend or engineering marvel of medieval Indian engineering. The column is literally hanging in the air and one can pass a paper underneath it.
- Nandi of Lepakshi: The huge monolithic bull carved out of a single stone is the largest monolithic structure of India. The sculpture is about 5 meters high and 8 meters long and very exquisitely carved.
- After the completion of the Lepakshi tour, start the drive to Gandikota.
- At end of the day, the guests will be dropped to the hotel/residence in or near Gandikota.
- Suggestion: Kadapa, the town before Gandikota has more options for the stays, so the guests can book accordingly.
Day 2: Visit Gandikota and return journey to Bangalore
- The tour starts at the time communicated to the driver.
- After the pick-up, drive to the Gandikota fort and the mesmerising gorge.
- The gorge is very often referred to as the "Grand Canyon of India". The sunrise in the canyon is said to be beautiful.
- After spending time exploring the area, start the return journey back to Bangalore.
- The drive to Bangalore is about 280 km from Gandikota and may take up to 7 hours, so start the journey accordingly.
- At the end of the tour, the guest will be dropped back to the hotel/residence in Bangalore city limits.
- All transportation in an air-conditioned (A.C.) vehicle.
- Pick up and drop off (Bangalore city limits).
- Driver and fuel charges.
- All interstate taxes.
- Driver meals and accommodation.
- Sightseeing tour.
- Usage of the vehicle up to 600 KM.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 9060 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.