Sirodhara - Head Massage
Shirodhara is a form of Ayurveda therapy that involves gently pouring liquids over the forehead and can be one of the steps involved in Panchakarma. The name comes from the Sanskrit words Shiro (head) and dhara (flow). The liquids used in Shirodhara depend on what is being treated but can include oil, milk, buttermilk, coconut water, or even plain water. To receive Shirodhara, the client lies down upon a massage table with their eyes covered. Next, specially prepared warm herbal oil is poured in a thin steady stream directly onto the forehead and sixth chakra. Shirodhara purifies the mind, alleviates anxiety, reduces headaches, and expands awareness. Shirodhara can be administered on its own or as part of Panchakarma detoxification regime.
What to expect?
- The experience includes 45-minutes of head massage with herbal oil by an expert masseur.
- Medicated oil is poured continuously on the forehead of a person lying in supine position. After the massage, feel completely relaxed and stress-free.
- Massage is followed by a hot bath before the experience ends.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 48 hour
- 50% refund if cancelled before 24 hour
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 1500 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.