Rajgir Sightseeing Day Tour from Patna
A day tour of the ancient city of Rajgir, the first ever capital of the Magadha kingdom, a state which eventually became the great Maurya empire.
- Visit the places like the Vishwa Shanti Stupa (Japanese Stupa), Vulture's peak, Bimbisara's Jail, Cyclopean walls and many more during this tour.
- No haggling over the fares and waiting in long ques to avail a comfortable vehicle.
- Service of an experienced driver and a well-maintained car.
Rajgir is an ancient city where ceramics have been found dating back 1000 BC, this was the first ever capital of the Magadha kingdom. This city was also favoured by Lord Mahavir and Gautam Buddha and thus a notable presence can be seen of Jainism and Buddhism. Rajgir was the capital of Magadha kingdom until the 5th century BC, this city was then called the Rajgriha, also developed as a major health and winter resort due it's hot water springs which are believed to have medicinal properties. The temperature in Rajgir ranges from 44 centigrade to 20 centigrade.
- The driver will pick you from hotel/residence address in Patna city limits at a time selected while booking.
- The driver to Rajgir is about 105 KM from Patna and may take up to 3 hours to reach.
- Upon arrival in Rajgir, we suggest you visit the following attractions (You may add OR remove some of the attractions within the destination) :
- Japanese Stupa/Viswa Shanti Stupa: One from the 80 peace stupas all over the world this stupa was laid by the Japanese as a symbol of world peace.
- Venuvana: This bamboo groove was donated by King Bimbisara to Buddha for his residence, this has a serene setting and calmness to it.
- Vulture's Peak: At a fair height there lies place which was residence to Buddha for several months as he meditated and preached.
- Rajgir Ropeway: This ropeway provides you with breathtaking views and can take to the peace stupa, available from 8:15 am to 5 pm. This ropeway is also pretty cheap as it costs only about INR 50 per head.
- Makhdum Kund: A shrine of Sufi saint Makhdum Shah, this has a few hot springs here.
- Bimisara's Jail: A place where King Bimbisara was imprisoned by his son now lies in ruins, but does provide with views of the Peace Stupa.
- Veeryatan Museum: This a museum which depicts/showcases the life history of the 24 Jain Theertankaras.
- Sone Bhandar caves: This was the venue which hosted the first Buddhist Council, attended by 500 Buddist monks.
- Rajgir hot springs: Saptarshi, the seven hot springs of the city of Rajgir, known for the medicinal properties all meet at the Brahmakund and which is a must visit the location in the city.
- After the completion of your tour, the driver will drop you back to the hotel/residence in the Patna city limits.
- All transportation using an air-conditioned cab.
- Pickup and drop-off in Patna city limits.
- Driver and fuel charges.
- Driver daily allowance.
- 250 kilometres of usage (can be extended with extra charges).
- Tour as per the itinerary (you may add or remove some attractions in the region).
- Newspaper and a water bottle.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 3490 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.