Guided Tour of Mysore and Landmarks from Bangalore
Mysore is home to the royal family and one of the most beautiful palaces in India, The Mysore Palace. The region is dotted with some historic landmarks and places like the Summer Palace of the legendary Tipu Sultan, the notorious Bailey’s dungeons and the Anglo Mysore Railways and more.
- Explore the ravishing Mysore Palace, know its past and present in depth.
- Witness the glory of the vintage trains in the museum in Mysore.
- Service of an experienced guide cum host for the during of the tour.
- All transportation in a comfortable air-conditioned vehicle.
In this tour of Mysore, you will get to experience the royal heritage of the Mysore Kingdom. We will relive the royal times through a visit to the fabulous Mysore Palace, the Summer Palace of the legendary Tipu Sultan, the notorious Bailey’s dungeons and the fantastic Museum about the Anglo Mysore Railways. This experiential and guided tour can be organized in a Private Car or a Classic Royal Enfield Motorcycle. This is an all-inclusive trip where we take care of transport, food, activities and the services of a full-time tour guide.
- The driver will pick you up from your hotel or residence in Bangalore city limit by 6:30 AM.
- Your host cum guide for the tour will be travelling with you for the duration of the tour. After a formal introduction with the host, the journey to Mysore will start.
- By 09:30 AM, you are expected to reach the historical town of Sri Rangapatnam which was the capital of Tipu Sultan, the Tiger of Mysore, in the 18th century.
- Along with your guide for the tour, you will take a walk through Tipu Sultan's life from the day he fought a tiger and killed it with a dagger, his brave battles with the British, his administrative and economic reforms and his pioneering usage of rockets in warfare.
- He is credited with being a pioneer in using rockets for warfare and the British later improvised on his technology during World War I.
- Stop by Dariya Daulat Bagh, the Summer Palace of Tipu Sultan. It is built in Indo-Saracenic style and has a few magnificent murals depicting the war of Tipu with the British.
- The most famous exhibit here is the famous painting “Storming of Srirangapatna” by Sir Robert Ker Porter. The theme of the painting is the final fall of Srirangapatna on 4th May 1799 when the British defeated Tipu’s forces.
- Next, you will visit the Colonel Bailey Dungeon where Tipu imprisoned several British Officers during the war. Tales about this notorious place will be told during the tour.
- By 11:30 AM, you are expected to reach the grand Mysore Palace. Spend the next couple of hours in this wonder built in Indo-Saracenic style with a blend of Hindu, Muslim, Rajput, and Gothic styles of architecture.
- The Palace is a three-storied stone structure with marble domes and a 145 feet, five-storied tower. The guided tour will take you through the Public Hall, Private Hall, Dolls Pavilion and the Royal Wedding Hall.
- The lunch break will be arranged at 1:00 PM and on special request only, it can be organised at the Lalitha Mahal Palace at an extra cost.
- Next, you head to the unique Rail Museum of Mysore. On display is an impressive collection of vintage Trains from the British Era.
- You will get to see 3 unforgettable exhibits, the 17th century Merryweather steam boiler engine, 1925 built Austin Rail Car and an 1899 vintage Maharani Saloon with royal dining area, kitchen and washroom.
- After the museum, start the return journey to Bangalore.
- You will be dropped back to the address in Banglore city limits, you are expected to reach back in Bangalore by 8:30 PM.
- Transportation in an air-conditioned cab for the duration of the tour.
- Pick-up and drop to the address in Bangalore city limits.
- Services of a knowledgable tour guide for the tour.
- Breakfast and lunch during the tour.
- Monument entrance charges are per the itinerary.
- Driver and fuel charges.
- Toll and parking charges for the cab.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 48 hour
- 50% refund if cancelled before 24 hour
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 5500 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.