Modhera Sun Temple and Patan Handicraft Guided Tour from Ahmedabad
A guided tour of the sun temple of Modhera, the temple complex was built in Maru-Gurjara style (Chaulukya style) after 1026-27 CE and a 1000-year-old stepwell, Rani Ki Vav, built as a memorial for the king by his beloved queen.
- Explore the sun temple at Modhera and get mesmerised with its architecture.
- Visit Rani ki Vav storied step well which is a world heritage site.
- Witness the weaving of Patola sarees which is an ancient art.
The legendary Step Wells of Gujarat are architectural marvels with exquisite sculptures that are sheer poetry in stone. More interestingly the world of Women and Water converged at the Step Wells in the medieval times. In this tour, we will first visit a temple dedicated to the Sun God with an ornate Step Well in Modhera. Our next destination will be Raani ki vav, a world heritage site and the grandest step-well in Gujarat built by a Queen in the memory of her husband. The tour will end with a glance into the weaving of the magical Patola Sarees.
- The driver will pick up the guests from the hotel or residence in Ahmedabad at 8:00 am.
- The guide cum host for the tour will meet the guests here and after a quick introduction, the tour with start.
- Drive to Modhera is almost 100 KM from Ahmedabad and may take up to 2.5 hours to reach.
- Modhera Sun Temple, an 11th-century temple complex dedicated to the Sun God, constructed in a lotus-shaped structure, the temple is adorned with carvings from epics of Mahabharata and Ramayana.
- Suryakund stepwell, next to the temple complex houses about 108 temples in it.
- From the Sun Temple complex, along with the guide, proceed to visit Rani ki Vav, a 1000-year-old stepwell, Rani Ki Vav, built as a memorial for the king by his beloved queen.
- Located on the banks of the Saraswati river, it is designed as an inverted temple with the central theme around the 10 incarnations of Lord Vishnu
- You will also be visiting Patan, a 45-minute drive from Mothera, Patan is home to the world-famous Patola saris. The craft is a skill-intensive hand woven art form, which is now practised by a single family of weavers.
- Witness the craftwork yourself and interact with the weaver and learn more about the history of the art form.
- From the Patan, start your journey back to Ahmedabad. The driver will drop you back to the hotel or residence address in Ahmedabad city limits.
- You are expected to reach back to Ahmedabad by 6:00 PM.
- All transportation in private air-conditioned vehicle.
- Service of a knowledgeable guide.
- Lunch at a local restaurant.
- Monument entrance fees (as per the itinerary).
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 48 hour
- 50% refund if cancelled before 24 hour
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 5500 Per Person
Also viewed by other travellers
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.