Sundarbans 3 Days and 2 Nights Tour From Kolkata
Take a short break and enjoy the beauty of the Sundarbans, one of the biggest Mangroves in the world with rich ecological diversity.
- Bird and animal spotting from the three different watchtowers.
- Watch Royal Bengal tiger in its natural habitat.
- Experience the local village life in Sundarbans.
- Enjoy local tribal dance and singing performances.
- Cycling to explore the island.
- Company of a knowledgeable local guide.
The Sundarban is located in the south-east of Kolkata in the delta formed by the confluence of three rivers Ganges, Brahmaputra and Meghna. Sunderbans is one of the biggest Mangrove in the world and has a rich ecological diversity. Spread over the area of 10029 square km, its some parts are also in the list of UNESCO world heritage list. Sunderbans is home to around 250 bird 121 fish, 33 reptiles, 42 mammal and 7 amphibian species. In this tour can spot birds like kingfisher, egret, Brahmani eagles, pond heron, black cormorants and animals like spotted deer, wild boars, civet cat, monitor lizard, crocodiles and the world famous Royal Bengal Tiger.
Day 1: Drive from Kolkata to Gadkhali and Cruise from Gadkhali to Sonagaon via Gosaba | 86 km Drive | 4 1/2 hours Cruise
- You will be received at the hotel/residence or Science City at 08:30 AM by the driver who will be accompanied by your tour coordinator.
- From here you will start three and a half hour journey to Gadkhali, the last road to mainland India ends here.
- At noon board a boat to the island of Gosaba which is the biggest market for hundreds of villages around, post which you will continue your journey to Sonagaon.
- Arrive at the resort at 01:30 PM which is located on the island of Sonagaon Gadkhali, have lunch and relax for a while.
- At 03:00 PM walk through the beautiful paddy fields and the village of honey collectors and fishermen, looking out for local rituals and beliefs. This village has no cars or electricity.
- Take a boat ride of 2-3 hours at 03:30 PM for bird watching, during which you can spot birds like seven types of kingfisher, egret, Brahmani eagles, pond heron, black cormorants and above all getting introduced to the lovely mangroves, with surreal creatures like fiddler crabs, mudskipper fish etc.
- You will arrive back at the resort by 06:30 PM and there will be a dance and singing performance show by local tribal people you can join them and have a gala time.
- Dinner is served at around 09:00 PM followed by the overnight at the resort.
Day 2: Boat Ride from Gadkhali to Sajnekhali to Sudhanyakhali to Dobanki and back to Gadkhali | 9 hours Cruise
- On the 2nd day board the boat at 07:00 AM, after getting the required permission and forest approved guide from the forest office, you will head off into the jungle, with one of the biggest mangroves of the world, rich in flora and fauna.
- This boat cruise will last till sunset and during this period you will visit 3 watchtowers, namely Sajnekhali, Sudhanyakhali and Dobanki. This covers Sajnekhali Tiger Project, Crocodile Project, Turtle Project, Mangrove interpretation centre, Bono Bibi Temple, Sudhanyakhali watchtower, Dobanki watchtower, Canopy walk, Pirkhali, Gazikhali & other narrow Creeks, Pancha Mukhani(Five river confluence).
- Breakfast, lunch and other refreshments will be cooked and served on the boat.
- Cruising the small channels and creeks you can spot different wildlife, spotted deer, wild boars, civet cat, monitor lizard, crocodiles, dolphins and of courses the Royal Bengal Tigers.
- The boat ride will end between 04:40- 05:00 PM and you will return back to the resort for the evening.
- Dinner is served at 09:00 PM followed by overnight at the resort.
Day 3: Gadkhali-Kolkata | 86 km Drive
- On the 3rd day breakfast will be served in the resort at 08:00 AM.
- By 09:00 AM take a small walk in the village for pictures of the sunrise, mangroves, village and birds.
- Bicycles can be provided for the ones who would like to explore the island on wheels.
- Lunch will be served at 12 noon at the resort after which you will take a boat to return to Gadkhali.
- You will leave from Gadkhali to Kolkata at 02:00 PM and reach Kolkata at around 05:30 PM.
- All transportation charges from Kolkata to Sunderban and back.
- Two nights of resort accommodation on twin or triple sharing basis.
- Vegetarian/ Non-Vegetarian meals (2 breakfast, 3 lunches, 2 dinner and 2 evening snacks).
- Permits for Indian nationals.
- Boat charges.
- Service of a knowledgeable guide in Sunderbans.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 5500 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.