Guided Heritage Tour of Panjim
Explore the streets of Goa with a culture evangelist by visiting Latin Quarters of Fontainhas, Tobacco Square, The Palace of Maquinezes and many other places.
- Witness the tobacco square which was a trading point of tobacco during the Portuguese period.
- Experience the Portuguese influence and cultural richness of Portuguese.
- Visit the temple, palaces, museums, churches and many more.
Panjim walk is led by a cultural evangelist as we trace the morphing of the city from a sleepy little retreat for the elite to become the capital of Goa in 1843 after the outbreak of Plague in Old Goa. Panjim walk is through the Latin quarters of Fontainhas, Tobacco Square, the Grand Palace of Maquinezes, Church of Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception and the Mahalakshmi Temple.
- The driver will pick you up from the hotel or residence in Goa at 8:00 AM.
- The guide cum host for the tour will meet you here and after a quick introduction, the tour with start.
- Begin your walk from the Latin Quarters of Fontainhas, which were the residential quarters designed for the Portuguese bureaucrats and servants.
- The walk will take you past a wishing well, Chapel of St. Sebastian and the Temple on the hill dedicated to Lord Maruti and the Geetanjali Gallery of modern art exhibitions.
- Next stop would be the Tobacco Square, which got its name for trading tobacco over the river. You walk past bright coloured buildings set on the backdrop of river Mandovi.
- Walk to the Mermaid Garden and the statue of the world famous hypnotist Abbe Faria.
- Next destination in this walk is the headquarters for the International Film Festivals of India and Entertainment Society of Goa.
- The Palace of Maquinezes or Palacio dos Maquinezes has been part of many Bollywood films.
- You will be visiting Our Lady of Immaculate Conception Church, this houses a large church bell which was brought here from the fallen monastery of Old Goa.
- In the end, you will be visiting Mahalakshmi temple, this was the only temple constructed after acquiring the permissions from the Portuguese government.
- You are dropped back to the hotel to end the tour at last.
- All transportation in private air-conditioned vehicle.
- Service of a knowledgeable guide.
- Light refreshments
- Monument entrance fees (as per the itinerary).
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 48 hour
- 50% refund if cancelled before 24 hour
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 4000 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.