Half Day Guided Tour of Elephanta Caves
A half-day guided tour from Mumbai which takes you back in time to the ancient Elephanta caves which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and lets you explore the architectural gems of this significant place.
- A ferry ride to the Elephanta island from Mumbai.
- Explore all the three caves on this island namely the Hindu, Buddhists and grandest of all the Shiva cave.
- Take a toy train ride and enjoy the local's favourite complimentary snacks.
- Company of a local knowledgeable guide during the tour.
Explore the main Shiva Cave with its huge sculptures of Shiva and Hindu mythologies and Buddhist caves popularly known as the Elephanta Caves. Get insight into UNESCO-listed caves and rock art, believed to date from the 500s, Buddhist sculptures and relief carvings, paintings and inscriptions. Archaeologists date them between the 5th and 9th century and attribute them to various Hindu dynasties. Enjoy a boat ride across Mumbai Harbour, ride a toy train and experience the intricately carved Cave Temples.
- You will have to report at the entrance gate of Gateway of India, Mumbai at your preferred time slot which can be either 9:00 AM or 2:00 PM.
- Meet your guide and after a short meet and greet, board a ferry to the Elephanta island and enjoy this one hour ride which offers you picturesque seaside views.
- After you arrive at the island, explore seven major excavations in the area showcasing huge sculptures of Shiva, Hindu mythologies and Buddhist caves.
- Explore the 3 caves - the large Hindu cave, Buddhist cave and the main Shiva cave.
- Your guide will explain the influence of Buddhism and Hinduism and also about the Indian gods.
- You will also take a toy train ride and at the plateau, admire the complex and astoundingly detailed reliefs and carvings depicting narratives of the goddess Shiva.
- Enjoy a local's favourite snack which is complimentary during the tour.
- After the completion of the tour, you will board a ferry back to Mumbai.
- Service of a knowledgeable guide.
- Guided tour as per the itinerary.
- Ferry Ride to Elephanta island.
- Toy Train Ride, island village entry tickets.
- Water Bottle and Snacks.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 2000 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.