Dodital and Hanuman Chatti Trek from Dehradun
This is a 5-day trek in the Uttrakhand region of India, taking you to the confluence of Hanuman Ganga and the Yamuna rivers and also to the majestic environs of Dodital lake.
- Trek up to the great heights of 4350 metres.
- Gaze at the majestic Bandarpunch and Swargrohini peaks up close.
- All inclusive prices: All the costs of permits, accommodation arrangements and meals are included in the pricing.
- Company of an experienced trek guide.
This is a classic trek to discover the outdoors and experience the mighty Himalayas at high altitude. High up beyond the valley of the Bhagirathi river is the Dodital, beyond the Darwa pass (4200 m) between the major river valley of the Ganga and the Yamuna. The pass is Darwa top (4350 m) the highest point in the area from where it seems as though the mighty Bandarpunch and Swrgarohini and other peaks are close. The trek to the pass by used sadhu’s holy men walking between the temple of Gangotri and Yamuna.
Day 1: Arrive in Dehradun, drive to Sangam Chatti and trek to Bevra (2450 m) | Drive160 KM, Trek for 2-3 Hours
- You will have to report at the Dehradun bus stand or railway station at around 6:00 or 6:30 AM where you will meet your guide.
- Post a short meet and greet, you will be driven from Dehradun via Mussoorie beyond to Uttarkashi and then onwards to Sangam Chatti.
- Sangam Chatti is about 160 Km from Dehradun and it might approximately take five and a half hours. After reaching, start the trek to Bevra which is at a height of 2450 meters.
- The campsite at Bevra village is situated on the banks of the river Assi Ganga and is a 2-hour trek from Sangam Chatti.
- You will have breakfast and lunch en route and dinner at Bevra in the campsite, conduct your overnight stay at the camp in Bevra.
Day 2: Trek from Bevra to Dodital (3315m) | Trek 6-7 Hours
- On the second day, post-breakfast you start your trek to Dodital via the village of Manji. This is a beautiful Himalayan village on mountain slopes with terraced farming.
- You trek for 6-7 hours to reach Dodital by evening and pitch tents near the lake.
- The walk is through dense oak, deodar and pine trees with plenty of birds to give the company.
- Dinner will be served and you will be camping overnight in Dodital.
Day 3: Trek from Dodital to Darwa Top (4350 m) and trek back to Kanasar (3850 m) | Trek 4-5 Hours
- On day 3, start the trek after breakfast. The trail goes steadily uphill crossing several small streams that feed Dodital and gets quite steep as you reach the open alpine meadow just below the Darwa Pass.
- From the pass, you will ascend further 300 metres to the Darwa top which is just an hour away from the pass and offers a stunning 360-degree view of the snow-capped Himalayan ranges.
- Rest for a while to explore the enchanting view of mighty Himalayas.
- Later trek back from the Darwa top to Kanasar, where you will be camping overnight.
Day 4: Trek from Kanasar to Kandoli (2350 metres) | Trek 5-6 hours
- Start the trek after breakfast on the fourth day and you will be descending closer to Hanuman Chatti.
- The trail takes you across the verdant alpine meadows, with brilliant, close views of the Bandarpunch ranges all day long.
- After Seema, you will make the final descent to the campsite at Kandoli through lush forests of Himalayan oak and rhododendron.
- Dinner and overnight camping arrangements will be made in Kandoli.
Day 5: Trek from Kandoli to Hanuman Chatti (2400 m) and drive to Dehradun
- Today you start early from Kandoli and descend quickly along a thick forest path for about 2 hours before you encounter signs of civilization.
- Arrive at Hanuman Chatti and spend some time in the serene environments.
- Post some relaxation time at the lake, you will then take a long 6 hours drive to Dehradun.
- After reaching Dehradun, the trip ends here with cherished memories of the trek.
- All transportation charges from Dehradun and back to Dehradun (by Non-AC vehicle).
- Accommodation in tents on twin sharing basis.
- All vegetarian meals starting from Breakfast on Day 1 to Lunch on Day 5.
- Sanctuary fee / permits wherever applicable.
- Service of a knowledgeable guide.
- All trekking arrangements - an Experienced team of guides, camp staff, cook, etc.
- Porters for personal baggage up to 12 KG.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 16420 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.