Cultural Walk of Chennai
Experience authentic Chennai on this amazing walking tour of the old town with our fun and entertaining storytellers.
- Visit the must-visit attractions of Chennai like Santhome Cathedral, Vivekananda house and Marina beach.
- Discover the historical facts and cultural significance of the city.
- Stroll the lanes with an experienced guide.
Chennai, formerly known as Madras, is one of the gateways of South India and is a thriving city with an active art and culture community. Chennai is an important metropolitan city and capital of Tamil Nadu state of India and is very well connected with other cities in India as well as with several countries. This walking tour will give you a great induction of the city, its history, its vibrant culture, and its people with lots of wonderful stories about the city, fun facts and must do things in the city.
- You are requested to report at the entrance of Kapaleeswara temple by 9:00 AM or 5:00 PM as per the time chosen.
- Meet the guide here and have a quick introduction session and start the tour.
- In this tour, you will be visiting the following places:
- Kapaleeswarar temple: Dedicated to Lord Shiva, one of the ancient temples built in 7th century CE and which follows Dravidian architecture.
- Jama Mosque: One of the majestic mosques in India.
- Santhome Cathedral: It was built by Portuguese explorers over the tomb of Saint Thomas, one of the 12 disciples of Jesus.
- Stroll the old lanes, winding streets and the Academy of Western music.
- Lighthouse: This lighthouse is facing the Bay of Bengal and one can witness the best view of the beach from it.
- Marina Beach: One of the most popular beaches in Chennai.
- Kamarajar Statue, who was a leader of INC and Mahatma Gandhi Statue.
- Vivekananda house and museum: This was known as Icehouse and is said that Swami Vivekananda stayed at this place after attending the conference at Chicago.
- Your tour will come to an end here at the Vivekananda house and museum.
- Service of a knowledgeable guide.
- Tour as per the itinerary.
- Local tips and recommendations.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 500 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.