Ancient Kumbhoj and Sangli Fort 2 Day Sightseeing Tour from Pune
A two-day tour from Pune which takes you to the ancient town of Kumbhoj which is home to a 28 feet Bahubali monolith and also a mesmerizingly grand fort which goes by the name of Sangli Fort.
- Explore the Jain Temple of Kumbhoj which has a dharmastala and a 28 feet tall Bahubali monolith.
- Visit attractions like the Shah Qattal Dargah, Hivarkhan Birdev Mandir and more.
- Company of an experienced driver and service of a well-maintained car.
Kumbhoj is an ancient town which is quaintly perched in the Kolhapur district of Maharashtra. This town is famously known for its importance in Jain pilgrimage and is home to a 28 feet tall Bahubali monolith. The name Kumbhoj is related to the ancient Sanskrit term Kamboj, Kambojas were a tribe from Iron Age India in the BCE period. During the Great Tribal Movement to Central Asia, one of the clan members had given their name to this coastal town.
Day 1: Drive from Pune to Kumbhoj and Kumbhoj Local Sightseeing
- Your tour will start with a pick-up from your hotel/residence in Pune city limits at your specified time slot.
- Post pick up, you would be driven from Pune to Kumbhoj which would be approximately a 4 hours and 45 minutes drive.
- Upon your arrival in Kumbhoj, you may check-in to your hotel in the vicinity of the town.
- Post a short relaxation period you may begin with the day's tour by visiting the following suggested places:
- Adinath Jain Temple: A Jain temple which is known for its spectacular architecture and an intricately sculpted 28 feet Bahubali monolith.
- Shah Qattal Dargah: A beautiful white coloured religious hub for Muslim communities in Kumbhoj.
- Hivarkhan Birdev Mandir: A bright temple which is dedicated to the deity Hivarkhan Birdev, a temple which holds high value for the locals.
- Post completion of the tour, you may head back to your hotel in Kumbhoj and rest for the night.
Day 2: Drive from Kumbhoj to Sangli and visit the Sangli Fort and drive back to Pune
- On the second day, after you are all set, you would be driven from your hotel in Kumbhoj to Sangli.
- Upon your arrival in Sangli, you may go ahead and visit the Sangli Fort.
- The Sangli Fort houses a Collector's Office, Marathi School, Revenue Office and a Museum as well.
- Explore the fort and the nearby area to the fullest before you begin your journey back to Pune.
- Your drive to Pune will again be of 4 hours and 45 minutes, upon arrival in Pune, you would be dropped to your hotel/residence in the city limits.
- Hotel pickup and drop (within city limits).
- Charges for the private air-conditioned cab.
- The driver and fuel charges.
- Driver's meals and accommodation.
- Usage of the vehicle for up to 600 km as per the itinerary (Extra kilometre charges will be applicable after the limit, please refer Important Information Section for details).
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 7610 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.