Heritage Walking Tour of Kolkata
Walking is the best way of exploring things, the guide/tour expert will provide you with an experience at every turn with unfamiliar sights. The heritage buildings, the honking cars, the man-powered rickshaws, local ferry to experience the river Hooghly and the local markets.
- A 3-hour walking tour of Kolkata.
- Take a tour of the first wine shop of India, a first five-star hotel of Asia and more historical building.
- Visit St John's Church, first public building of Calcutta which houses Job Charnock Mausoleum, Black Hole of Calcutta and the famous painting of The Last Supper.
- Ferry ride across the river to get a picturesque view of both the bridges Howrah Bridge and Vidyasagar Setu.
Kolkata (Calcutta) is the capital of West Bengal and a major hub of East India. At one time Kolkata was the British capital in India and thereby had been greatly influenced by it. British style lamp posts and the yellow ambassador taxis that throng the streets are evidence to this. The city was also home to Mother Teresa who did a great deal of work with the city’s poor inhabitants. Known for its art, culture, food, architecture and history - Kolkata, the City of Joy is one of India's most fascinating metropolitan cities. Besides many sightseeing attractions in and around Kolkata, there are several things do in Kolkata to choose from.
- You will be meeting your hosts near the Lalit Great Eastern Hotel at 8:00 AM. Post a short meet and greet you will be commencing the tour.
- First up, visit the Great Eastern Hotel, the first five-star hotel in Asia and learn about the history of the iconic hotel. The following places would be covered during the remaining leg of the tour.
- The first Wine shop in India.
- Governor's House: First Governor's House of India.
- Dead Letter Office Building
- Currency Building
- St. Andrews Kirk
- Writers Building
- GPO - General Post Office
- Lal Dighi / Red Tank
- St. Johns Church
- Calcutta High Court
- Post the land exploration, you would now be heading on to take a ferry ride across the river Hooghly. Witness the Howrah and the Vidyasagar Setu.
- At the end of the tour, you would be witnessing the Eden Garden (One of the biggest cricket stadium of India).
- Guide/Tour expert charges.
- Packaged drinking water bottles.
- Monument entrance charges.
- Ferry charges.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 30 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 1900 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.