Pushkar Fair 2016
The Pushkar Camel Festival is easily the most colorful gathering of humanity and livestock on this planet, and attracts large numbers of foreign and Indian tourists. This year Pushkar Camel Fair takes place from 8 – 14 November 2016.
Once a year during the Pushkar Camel Fair, the sleepy lakeside town of Pushkar erupts into a frenzy of activity, as hundreds of thousands of cattle traders, pilgrims, breeders, herdsmen, farmers and travelers descend upon this town.
The Department of Tourism, Govt of Rajasthan and many other private operators set up luxurious tented camps, complete with all modern amenities for travelers. Over the years, the Pushkar Fair has become a big draw internationally.
The Pushkar Fair 2016 Calendar:
Nov 8th - Nov 12th: Pushkar Cattle Fair - This is the most sought after affair of the whole fair when cattle trading takes place along with Camel beauty contests, camel races etc. The best days are going to be the November 9th and 10th.
Nov 13th - Nov 14th: Pushkar Cultural Fair - On these days government sponsored cultural activities like folk dance shows, music performances etc. will take place.
Nov 15th: Pushkar Festival - the Holy Day of the Fair when thousands of Hindu pilgrims will take a dip in the holy lake at Pushkar.
- Safari on camel back in Pushkar
- Pushkar Fair Visit
Day 1: Ajmer - Pushkar
Upon arrival to Ajmer, just 11 kilometers away from Pushkar, we drive to Pushkar and embark on a sightseeing tour of the area with visits the famous Brahma Temple. Overnight stay at Hotel.
Day 2: Pushkar
After breakfast, spend the day and evening enjoying the festivities of the Pushkar Camel Fair with your guide. Spend the day walking through the traditional decorated fair ground and view various activities like - folk dances, camel races and many more. Overnight stay at Tent.
Day 3: Pushkar- Ajmer
Early morning visit the bathing ghats of Pushkar, where thousands of pilgrims take holy bath. Return back to Hotel / Tent for breakfast. Evening drive to Ajmer Railway Station/Hotel or Jaipur/Journey to onward destination.
- Traditional welcome
- Welcome Tea on arrival.
- 02 nights' accommodation with breakfast, dinner and taxes
- Accommodation for a couple.
- One Camel Safari in the evening 1 hour only fair ground
- Evening Tea & coffee.
- Buffet Dinner/ Veg Dinner
- Buffet Breakfast (Fixed Menu).
- Complimentary 02 Bottles of Mineral Water on the day of arrival.
- Private AC car with driver, fuel, tolls and taxes
- All applicable taxes included
- All hotel taxes
- Meals & drinks other than specified in inclusions.
- Expenses of personal nature such as portages, tips, telephone calls, laundry expenses etc.
- All entrances, guide charges & camera fees.
- Insurance Cover.
- Any air/train/bus fare.
- Accommodation on twin-sharing as per the itinerary
- Consumption of liquor or meat is prohibited in Pushkar; hence it is advised not to carry liquor/ meat while travelling to this city.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
Ajmer, Rajasthan, India | Jaipur