Chanderkhani and Rashol Pass Trek: Manali to Kasol Trek
3 Nights/4 Days
2 to 8 people
The state of Himachal Pradesh has more than 65 formidable and awe inspiring passes. Though each pass surpasses the other in one way or another, it is one of the most serene, beautiful and an elixir of peace which is a treat for all nature lovers.
Chanderkhani pass is in the Pir Panjal range of the Kullu valley and is undoubtedly the most beautiful passes on Mother Earth.
Day 0: Delhi – Chandigarh – Manali (12 – 14 hrs.)
The participants will de-board the Bus at ‘Patlikuhl’, 14 kms short of New Manali Bus stand. From this pick-up point, the guests will be driven to our Base in Haripur. Unwind at our base located in an orchard in Haripur. After breakfast explore Naggar/ Manali. Return back at base to chat with the team over bonfire and dinner.
Day 01: Haripur – Pulag – Chaklani | 6-7 hours
Commence the trek from the beautiful village of Pulag. A gradual ascent from Pulag meanders through lush green forests of Deodar, Pine, Chestnut and some of the most exotic flora and fauna. Pulag is a parallel universe in the splendid morning light. Take in the intoxicating breath of fresh air and as you walk through the alpine jungles, you are transported into fields and meadows that will make your heart skip a beat. Trek through intoxicatingly clean and fresh air through lush green jungles and charming water streams and other sights and sounds to delight your eyes and ears. Interact with the hospitable and charming villagers to know their lifestyle. The spectacular view of Dhauladhar range, Bara Bhangal range and the trek through the alpine jungles just makes you want to go higher and higher. The trek opens into lush meadows and then comes the shepherd encampment (gaddi) at Nava Tapru. A comfortable pace of walk will take about 5 to 6 hours to reach Nava Tapru. One can camp overnight here and live life the Gaddi Way for a night.
As this is also a photographer’s haven, the sunrise here is surreal and a must click. The formidable view of Mt. Deo Tibba, Seven Sisters, Mt. Hanuman Tibba and Indrasan peak will leave you spell bound. Feast your eyes on Mother Nature at its best and trek through beautiful meadows and head out to the Chanderkhani pass.
Day 02: Chaklani – Nagruni | 5-6 hours
After breakfast, commence the trek by 9am from Nava Tapru after witnessing the surreal sunrise. Soak in the unbelievable beauty of the Dhauladhar range, Seven Sister peaks, Indrasan and The Greater Himalayan range as it is a photographer’s haven. Listen to the Sound of Silence and connect with yourself. With open valleys on all sides and at the height of almost 14,000ft, Chanderkhani pass changes the definition of serenity, beauty and calm for all. This is rightly known as “The Valley of Gods”. Legend has that Jamlu Devta (the presiding deity of the mystical Malana village), unfastened a holy basket in which were all the Gods of the Kullu region at the Chandrakhani Pass. As the strong winds blew, they carried the Gods to their present abodes all across the region. Hence, it is a place which is sacrosanct and revered to the natives. With open valleys on all sides and at the height of almost 3650mts, Chanderkhani pass changes the definition of serenity, beauty and calm for all.
Soak in the beauty and witness the magnificent Parvati valley Kullu vallu, Dhauladhar range and Indrasan peak in all its glory. Start the walk to the beautiful open meadows of Nagruni. Camp there with bonfire and enjoy the wild serene beauty.
Day 03: Nagruni – Rashol Pass – Rashol Village | 6-7 hours
Start the ascent to the Rasol pass through jungles and nature. The climb is moderate and takes about 4 hours. Capture some amazing clicks of the valley and the Malana glacier. Arrive at the camp site just below the Rasol Pass.
The trek takes about 5 to 6 hours and is surrounded by striking views of the PirPanjal range, green meadows and tree line. The colors of the sky and grass will leave you spell bound.
Trek at leisure to reach the camp site just outside the Rashol village, Chill with bonfire and a scrumptious meal.
Day 04: Rashol – Kasol | 4-5 hours
After a scrumptious meal, depart for Kasol. The descent takes about 4 hours as it is a bit tricky and one needs to be careful. However, it is not a treacherous descent. Arrive in Kasol and unwind. Explore the mesmerizing village. Experience the “Hippie” and “Shanti” vibe of ‘Little Amsterdam’, Kasol. This is where we part ways to meet soon for another adventure.
See life from a different point of view. You name it and you have it.
**Guests who are travelling the next day are welcome to stay the night at no extra cost. Relax at the base camp or go angling (some nice spots near our base) the next day, before we part ways here to meet soon for our next adventure.
- 2 nights stay at Base Camp located in an orchard in Haripur, Manali.
- Pick up and drop from Patlikuhl bus stand, Manali
- Stay in 2-3 men tents during trek.
- All meals during the trek (nutritious freshly cooked vegetarian)
- Services of experienced MOI/ BMC qualified lead guide and qualified assistant guide
- Kitchen equipment, cook and helper
- All the Camping arrangements
- Porterage – pony/porter for your personal belongings (in the luxury leisure package)
- Wildlife/ environmental permits and other permits & levies.
- All transportation as per itinerary in local cars and jeeps
- Guaranteed amazing Himalayan experiential adventure holiday.
- Cost of travel to and from Manali from your city
- Cost of any form of insurance (Personal/Baggage/Medical)
- Cost of rescue, evacuation, hospitalization, etc.
- Any expenses of purely personal nature like laundry, phone/Fax calls, tips to drivers, guides, any beverages.
- Any expenses that arise due to change in itinerary and increase in no. of days because of natural forces like landslides, weather, roadblocks, flight cancellations, sickness etc.
- Nominal cost for bonfire, barbeque and all meals at base camp in Haripur (choice of veg/ non-veg).
- Cost of any optional activity we offer, like paragliding, angling, rafting etc.
- Porterage @INR. 300/day per bag (max. 10 kg) for alpine trekkers who need a porter for personal stuff.
Maximum Altitude: 3,660mts
- We suggest guests arrive at our base in Haripur, 14 kms from Manali on the Naggar road, the night before the start of the trek. If coming straight to our base in Haripur get down at Patlikuhl bus stand, 14 km short of New Manali bus stand. If driving then just follow google maps to ‘dA Base’.
- All guests are welcome to stay with compliments at Base Camp in Haripur, Manali in rooms on sharing basis the night before commencing the trek and on the last day.
- Stay in Manali can be upgraded to 4-5* hotel/ cottage on prior notice. Stay and meals cost as applicable.
- This tour explores some remote destinations in the Himalaya which are at considerably high altitude, with no or limited communication possibility and/or medical facilities nearby.
- Trekking programs in the Himalayas not necessarily would always run exactly as scheduled. Allow for unplanned long days or early camps due to weather disruptions or similar causes.
- All participants are recommended to have a travel insurance that covers trekking and wilderness travel.
- Wear shoes and clothes you are comfortable in and do not forget waterproof jackets and warm clothing.
- Do not litter the environment. Polythene and plastics are non-biodegradable and unhealthy for the environment and must not be littered or burned and should be carried back
- Soak up the atmosphere – close your eyes and take in the sights and sounds as you explore and observe.
ADVENTURE GEAR LIST:
Woollen cap and woollen gloves, thermal under-garments, warm sweater, woollen trousers / thick track pants for trekking, woollen socks, rain gear (jacket, trousers/ parkha), warm jacket, torch, full sleeves t – shirts, sun block lotion, chap-stick (lip salve), good hiking (preferably waterproof) shoes with ankle support, gaiters, camera, films, battery backup etc. one duffel bag for personal items (sky bags etc. will not be accepted to be carried by horse– not more than 10 kg strictly), one knapsack for item of daily use (to be carried by you), personal medicine
With our every escapade we bring you closer to the best of adventure travel. We bring you an experience that encompasses the quiet and the wild, the divine, the exotic and the spiritual side of “The Valley of The Gods.”
We understand life can be unpredictable at times, and that plans can change, that’s why we are pretty flexible about cancellations. For last minute emergencies we offer future trip credits on a case by case basis. Please talk to us before you cancel any trip with us.
- From confirmation up to 30 days prior to departure - 10% of the total amount payable would be charged
- Between 15 - 29 days – 50% would be refunded
- Less than 15 days prior to departure 100%.
- Any additional expenses which might occur due to delays, weather disruptions, medical evacuation etc. would need to be borne by the participants as per actual. All overstay due to delay beyond our control would be charged on pro-rata based as per tour cost for planned days.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or like, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases we will try our best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However no refund will be provided for the same.
- Mountaineerz reserves the right to change the itinerary due to unforeseen circumstances such as due to political reason, natural calamities, serious sickness, and special reasons.
- No refund will be payable to any client who voluntarily leaves a trip in the middle.
- In case any participant falls sick or is injured during the program, the medical, travel, porter and any other expenses has to be borne by the concerned individual. However, primary medical facilities will be made available wherever possible.
- Once the tour starts and is cancelled due to any reason beyond our control, the Company reserves the right for the payment of refunds to the client and will be on Company's discretion.
- In case the strength falls below the stipulated group strength or the Client can travel as individual travelers, then a different rate i.e. not group rate would be applicable. Please note that cancellation charges also apply to reductions in group size, not only for cancellations of entire bookings.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Our thoroughly researched itineraries are designed to offer you access to some of the world\'s best-kept secrets. We have personally explored the destinations we offer with in-depth knowledge that goes towards making your experience more than worth your while. However, at times due factors beyond any one’s control, situations may arise which can pose a challenge to the safety and security of the group members. To minimize any negative impact, we subscribe strictly to “Safety Protocol” which is an intensive and comprehensive compilation of safety and security measures undertaken to ensure a seamless and safe experience for its guests. There are factors which are controllable and attention to them ensures lower risks and toned down consequences.
2 travellers found this helpful
Some of our own trek leaders are qualified, experienced ladies. All treks are extremely safe for ladies and we have a lot of solo clients who are ladies.
3 travellers found this helpful
You need to carry an original ID card and a photograph.
3 travellers found this helpful
There are no doctors on the trek; however our trek leaders are experienced in first aid and basic medical protocols.