Jajmau , Kanpur
Hindi, Urdu, Bengali, Punjabi and English
Jajmau is the oldest town which lies on the eastern ridge of Kanpur. The city was once rules by Pauranic King named Yayati. This ancient site was excavated in 1957-58 and a mound was found ahead of River Ganges. Jajmau Mound consists of antiquities which date back to 600 BC till 1600 AD. The city was called as Sidhhapuri in ancient period. The mound which was excavated is nothing but the Fort of King Yayati. Tourists can also see a Siddnath and Siddha Devi temples here.