Sometimes called Tiger Fort in English, the Hindi name translates as ‘abode of tigers.’ Together with Jaigarh Fort and Amber Fort, this fort was responsible for providing a ring of defense around the city. Built in 1734, the fort was never attacked. Eighteenth century treaties were signed at the fort. During the Indian Mutiny in 1857, Europeans were moved to the fort for their own protection. This fort is another movie star; it featured heavily in the 2006 release Rang de Basanti .There is a café open in the evenings, and views over Jaipur at sunset.