Hampta Circle Trek 2018
3 Nights/4 Days
2 to 12 people
A circular trek to Hampta, this means that unlike a regular trek here each day will be a new place and a new experience.
This is an amazing initiation for those who wish to open the door to the world of trekking. The trek takes us above Manali through thick forests of pine and deodar trees, crossing streams and flowerbeds along the way. This trek gives you an idea of how other, more challenging treks would go if you get in this field of sports.
Day 01: Jagatsukh – Tilgan Thatch (3-4 hours)
Those guests who do not join us one day before the trek are requested to gather directly at Jagatsukh by 9 am. Once al the guests arive, our ground team will debrief you on the trek and the do's and don'ts. Jagatsukh was once the capital of Kullu valley before it was changed to Naggar.. This ancient vilage even hosts its own Castle like the more popular Naggar Castle. We begin the steep climb uo into the forest. The path levels out for a while once we cross the Village temple located at the egde of the forest before ascending again. The climb is tough and steep but the view from Tilgan Thatch make the effort worthwhie. This green meadow commands a spectacular view of the valley and the night sky.
Day 02: Tilgan to Sarotu (5 hours)
After an early breakfast, we pack up and set off on our way. Our climb today won't be too demanding. The path remains relatively gradual, crossing rivulets and making our way through thick forests of Deodar, Pine and Oak trees. Once we emerge from the forest, the climb turns steeper for the last our or so. Along the way, we'll find many shepherds and dairy farmers, who come here to feed and tend to their herds. Some even settle down here for the summer , returning when winters arrive. At the end of our walk, we reach Sarotu, the highest point on this journey at nearly 3400 metres. We set camp here for the night.
Day 03: Sarotu to Sethan (4 hours)
The walk today will remain level and mostly gradual. We climb further along towards Sethan, crossing small rivers, and a large flowerbeds, spriinkled with a multitude of shades like red, yellow and orange. We arrive at Sethan by late afternoon just in time for lunch. Unwind and settle down around the scenic campsite. Sethan marks the end of civilisation before we enter the no man's land of Hampta Pass. Sethan also acts as a starting point for the Brighu Lake trek as well as Deo Tibba Base, alongside many others.
Day 04: Sethan to Manali (2 hours)
Today marks the end of our journey. Our tea will pick you up from Sethan and drive you to Manali. Spend the day exploring Old Manali. You can also settle down for lunch in one of the many fancy cafes located here. Pass the time at your own pace before arriving in tie a the bus stand for your evening bus back.
- Services of experienced lead guide and qualified assistant guides and trek coordinator.
- Stay in tents
- All meals during the trek (nutritious freshly cooked vegetarian) from lunch on day 1 to lunch on day 4
- Kitchen equipment, cook and helper
- All the Camping arrangements
- Wildlife/ environmental permits and other permits & levies.
- Cost of any form of insurance (Personal/Baggage/Medical)
- All meals during travel and at dhabas.
- Cost of rescue, evacuation, hospitalization, etc.
- Any expenses of purely personal nature like laundry, phone/fax calls, tips to drivers, guides, any beverages.
- Any expenses that arise due to change in itinerary and decrease/increase in no. of days because of natural forces like landslides, weather, roadblocks, flight cancellations, sickness etc.
- Porter/pony for your personal gear
- Cost of any optional activity we offer, like paragliding, angling, rafting etc.
- Failing to report at the reporting time till 2 hours will be considered as a "No-show" case.
- Participants are expected to have a reasonably good fitness level.
- Trekking programs in the Himalaya not necessarily would always run exactly as scheduled. Allow for unplanned long days or early camps due to weather disruptions or similar causes.
- All participants are recommended to have a travel insurance that covers trekking and wilderness travel.
- Wear shoes and clothes you are comfortable in and do not forget waterproof jackets and warm clothing.
- Do not litter the environment. Polythene and plastics are non-biodegradable and unhealthy for the environment and must not be littered or burned and should be carried back
- Soak up the atmosphere – close your eyes and take in the sights and sounds as you explore and observe.
- 100% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Select from the list of add-ons to customize this activity
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Our thoroughly researched itineraries are designed to offer you access to some of the world\'s best-kept secrets. We have personally explored the destinations we offer with in-depth knowledge that goes towards making your experience more than worth your while. However, at times due factors beyond any one’s control, situations may arise which can pose a challenge to the safety and security of the group members. To minimize any negative impact, we subscribe strictly to “Safety Protocol” which is an intensive and comprehensive compilation of safety and security measures undertaken to ensure a seamless and safe experience for its guests. There are factors which are controllable and attention to them ensures lower risks and toned down consequences.
6 travellers found this helpful
We provide our clients with porters/ponies for their convenience on demand and at a fixed price (Rs.500 per day for the duration of the trek and a maximum of 10 kg per person)
2 travellers found this helpful
Our trip will start from the base camp in Haripur, 14 km short of Manali. If you are travelling by Volvo bus, you are requested to de-board at the Patlikuhal bus stand and we will receive you from there and drive you to the base camp
2 travellers found this helpful
The water during the trip is fresh and it is recommended to carry your personal reusable water bottles and filters as well.
3 travellers found this helpful
₹ 7335 Per Person