Kandy Full Day Sightseeing Tour In Private Vehicle
This day sightseeing tour of Kandy begins with your pick up from Kandy hotel. Kandy, the largest city in central Sri Lanka is located amidst mountain ranges and has some noteworthy places to see.
With an English speaking Chauffeur guide, your Kandy tour will begin with Royal Botanical Gardens where you can see and Learn about the variety of orchids. Next visit Bahirawa Kanda, the place of giant Buddha statue, one of this holy city's most famous icons visible from most places in the city. At the heart of the city is the most scenic Kandy Lake also called the Bogambara Lake.
You will see the most famous tourist attraction in Kandy is the Temple of Tooth (Sri Dalada Maligawa) where you can find the sacred tooth relic of the Buddha. Visit the World Buddhism Museum and get to know more about the fascinating history of Buddhism. Get the behind the scene view of how tea is made at the Tea Factory at Giragama Estate and indulge in the fragrance of the traditional spices at the Spice and Herbs Garden. You can also visit the Gem center to check out the fascinating gems this country produces.
- Explore the heritage city of Kandy and understand its culture on this private tour in an air-conditioned car
- View orchid collection at the renowned Royal Botanical Gardens of Kandy
- Visit the most famous sightseeing attractions in Kandy, including the giant Buddha statue standing tall on the hill
- Visit the Temple of the Tooth Relic at Royal palace complex of the former Kingdom of Kandy
- Visit the Girigama Tea factory and learn about Sri Lankan tea production
- 8:00-9:00am: The tour starts with your hotel pick-up from Kandy.
- Arrive at the botanical garden of Peradeniya Botanical garden, renowned for its orchid collection. This garden has more than 4,000 species of plants.
- Head to Bahirawa Kanda, rising from a hill adjoining the holy city of Kandy is the giant 80-foot (24-meter) Buddha statue.
- Visit the Temple of the Tooth Relic, located within Kandy's royal palace grounds. The golden-roofed Temple houses Sri Lanka’s most important Buddhist relic – a tooth of the Buddha.
- 12:00pm Take a break for lunch at a local restaurant of your choice (at your own cost)
- Enjoy a panoramic view of the city from the Kandy View Point, located around 1km from Kandy Center up in the Rajapihilla Mawatha
- Visit to the Tea Factory at Giragama Estate located at height of (1670 feet) 510 meters above sea level. Explore the plantation, factory and learn about the tea making process.
- Visit spice garden in Mawanella
- Visit a Gem center (Museum and outlet) - house of precious and semi-precious Sri Lankan gemstones.
- 5:00pm: Finish the tour and Arrive back at your hotel in Colombo
- An air conditioned,comfortable car with modern facilities
- English speaking chauffeur guide
- Hotel Pick-up and Drop-off
- Highway Toll fees
- Fuel for the vehicle
- Passanger vehicle assurance
- Driver meals
- Entrance fees/tickets to any sites
- Lunch, any other Meals and Drinks
- Expenses of personal nature
- Any video/still camera fee to the monuments
- Travel insurance
- Gratuities (optional)
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned in Inclusions
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- You will receive complete operator information,including local telephone numbers at your destinations,in your booking confirmation voucher
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Kandy and nearby areas only
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
- Colombo CMB airport
- Hotel pick-up from any hotel in Colombo/Negombo
- Meet & Greet your friendly driver at your Hotel lobby in Kandy
- Operator will be in contact with you to coordinate the pick up time and itinerary
- The driver will pick you up directly from your hotel or specified pick up point. Please enter the pick up location at the checkout page
₹ 5710.31 Per Vehicle
Similar Exciting Activities
Also viewed by other travellers
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.