Bishnupur One Day Trip from Kolkata
Renowned for its numerous Hindu temples made from local terracotta, a day trip to Bishnupur is an architectural delight.
- A comprehensive of Bishnupur, giving the guest a chance to understand the culture and explore its architectural beauties.
- Visit places like the Jor Bangala Temple, Rasmancha, Dalmadal cannon and many more during this tour.
- Service of an experienced driver and a well-maintained car.
Bishnupur is a town in West Bengal and is famous for its terracotta architecture and has ones dating back 1600s. One can witness fine architectural beauties during a visit to Bishnupur. Bishnupur comes under the Bankura district of West Bengal. Bishnupur was once ruled under the Gupta Dynasty by local kings who paid tribute to Samudra Gupta. Bishnupur's population is constituted of Bengalis and the whole town is maintained to keep its glory intact.
- The tour starts with your pick-up from the hotel/residence at the time selected by you during the booking.
- The drive to Bishnupur is about 140 kilometres from Kolkata and may take up to 4 hours to reach.
- Once in Bishnupur, we recommend the following attractions for your tour:
- Rasmancha: This is the oldest brick temple dating back to the 1600s and has an elongated pyramidal tower Surrounded by hut-shaped turrets.
- Pancha Ratna Temple: This temple was constructed by King Raghunath Singha. The central shikhara of the temple is octagonal, while the rest four are square, walls are richly decorated with terracotta carvings featuring life aspects of Lord Krishna.
- Jorebangala Temple: Constructed by Raghunath Singh in 1655 AD, The temple made of laterite bricks has an appearance of two thatched huts joined together and surmounted by a single tower.
- Madan Mohan Temple: Built by King Durjana Singh Deva built the temple in the Ekaratna style, a square flat-roofed building with carved cornices, surmounted by a pinnacle, depicts carvings of Mahabharata, Ramayana, and Puranas in the walls.
- Radha Shyam temple: Built in the year of 1758, by Chaitanya Singha in Ekaratna style. It was built in a square plan, consisting of a dome-shaped shikhara and stucco motifs depicting floral, geometric and depiction of the life from Puranas.
- Jor Mandir (Twin Temples): The complex of three temples known as the Jor Mandir. These temples were built by Malla King Krishna Singh in 1726.
- Radha Vinod Temple: Built by the queen of Raghunath Singh in Atchala style in the year of 1659.
- Murali Mohan Temple: Built by Shiromani Devi, Queen of Veer Singha II in the year of 1655. It is an Ekratna temple with floral designs and stucco works.
- Lal Bandh: This is a small lake in the town Bishnupur.
- After the completion of your tour, start your return journey to Kolkata and get dropped to your hotel/residence.
- This is not a guided tour, the driver will not be the guide for the tour.
- This is an outstation tour hence the vehicle can not be used for the local city tour.
- Hotel pickup and drop (within city limits).
- Charges for the private air-conditioned cab.
- The driver and fuel charges.
- Usage of the vehicle for up to 320 kilometres as per the itinerary (Extra kilometre charges will be applicable after the limit, please refer Important Information Section for details).
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 48 hour
- 50% refund if cancelled before 24 hour
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 5620 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.