Road Trip Manali - Leh - Srinagar
10 Nights/11 Days
6 to 30 people
Hindi ; English
Not just a typical tour, Real journey for wandering the Himalayas in its true style of exploring, youthful exerience for people who like to experience the indise of each destination Ladakh's remote and breathtaking high - altitude landscape appeals to adventure travelers. Here the forcesof nature have conspired to render a magical realist landscape of extremes; desert and blue water, burning sun and freezing winds , glaciers and sand dunes. Tibetan traditions and culture remain apparent
- Rohtang Pass
- Baralacha pass
- Leh city
- Nubra valley
- Pangong lake
- Gurrdwara Pathar Sahib
- Magnetic Hills
Day 1: Arrive Manali :You have yoru own arrangements to arrive Manali either by flight / Road form Delhi – Chandigarh or other destinations. Check in at your pre booked hotel..Dinner and overnight stay at your hotel in Manali
Day 2: Drive Manali - Rohtang Pass - Koksar - Keylong – Jispa ( 8 hours drive approx) :Depart Manali early in the morning our first halt is Marhi A barren landscape offering extensive views of the valley and the mountains. We proceed to Rohtang Pass 3790 M is most popular with visitors, being one of the highest road point and gateway to LAHAUL and SPITI valleys. Pass remains closed during winter due to heavy snow from November end to May end. Visitors can drive upto MARHI below ROHTANG with similar high altitude topography, forest of Birch, Fir and Spurce. Once we cross the Rohtang Pass border we are in the Barren Himalayas with the landscape completely changing Khoksar is the first village and gate way to Lahaul. Follow the Chandra river right bank to reach at the confluence of Chandra and Bhaga river and arrive at Keylong which is the district headquarter of this region. Further drive will take you Jispa which is an ideal place to stay at lower altitude and better acclimatization. Night stay in hotel at Jispa
Day 3: Drive Jispa - Darcha - Sarchu- Leh : Get prepared for the most interesting overland high altitude drive up to Leh. May take approx 10 hours. You will arrive at Darcha ( 3500 Meter) is situated at the junction of Yotche Nullah and the Zangskar chhu which takes off from the Shinkun la. Both these nullahs meet with the main river Bhaga at this place. This is the main point for the trek lovers wish to enter in Zanskar valley or up to Leh. Your drive from this place will take to BaraLacha Pass ( 1620 Ft) and further drive to Sarchu which is nearly the mid point of Manali Leh route. Continue drive to Pang and cross morai plains and arrive at Tanglangla Pass (5400 M) and enter in Leh Valley. Your further drive will take you to Upsi by crossing river Indus and follow the highway up to Leh. Check in at your hotel and overnight stay at Leh City.
Day 4: Leh city tour- After Breakfast, visit Shey & Thiksey Monastery with Leh Palace, Spituk Monastery, Hall of fame & Shanti Stupa later during the afternoon. Dont exert your body, if you are feeling tired at anytime during the day. Overnight at Leh.
Day 5 : Leh-Nubra-Leh with Sumoor(2Days) Day 1 of 2- After Breakfast, move towards Highest Motorable Road of The World, KhardungLa Pass. Have a cup of Tea there, get yourself clicked with the Khardungla Signboard by BRO & proceed towards Nubra valley covering Deskit Monastery enroute. Check-in at Hotel/Camp, freshen up & later you can have a Double Hump Bactarian Camel ride. Dont forget to click this unique mammal, found in cold Desert. It was once used to carry the trade material on silk route. Overnight at Hunder/Nubra Camps/Hotel.
Day 6 : Leh-Nubra-Leh with Sumoor(2Days) Day 2 of 2- After Breakfast, check out from the camps & visit Deskit Monastery, Hot Water Springs, Panamik via confluence of Shyok & Nubra River across Sumoor. Return to Leh by Evening. Overnight at Leh.
Day 7 : Leh-Pangong/Spangmik-Leh- return via Hemis & 3 Idiots School (2 Days) Day1 of 2- After Breakfast, check out from Leh & proceed for one of the most beautiful & scenic, Salt water Pangong Lake at Spangmik via Changla Pass (17350 ft). Various Bollywood movies have been shot at this lake. One-Third of this lake is controlled by India & rest of the two-third lies under Chinese province. Overnight at Camps.
Day 8 : Leh-Pangong/Spangmik-Leh- return via Hemis & 3 Idiots School (2 Days) Day2 of 2- After Breakfast, check out from Camps for return journey to Leh. Enroute visit Hemis Monastery & 3-Idiots School. Overnight at Leh.
Day 9 : Leh-Alchi – Lamayuru – Kargil – 230 Kms: After leisurely breakfast drive down the Indus Valley on the first leg of your journey to Kargil & Srinagar. On the way, visit Hall of Fame, Kali Mata Temple at Spituk Monastery, Gurudwara Pathar Sahib, Magnetic Point, Sangam (confluence of Indus & Zanskar Rivers) and then the 11th century Alchi Choskor, oldest surviving monastic complex famous for its wall frescoes and architecture - a UNESCO listed heritage site.
Continue drive towards Kargil, enroute visiting the dramatically located Lamayuru monastery and the adjoining “Moonland” hills. On the way to Kargil you can view the 9-Mtrs. tall rock sculpture of the Maitreya Buddha at Mulbek (7th –8th century AD). Arrive at Kargil and Check in at your hotel . Dinner and Overnight in hotel at Kargil.
Day 10 : Kargil-Sonamarg-Srinagar (215kms) : Early departure for Srinagar driving through Drass (famous as the second coldest inhabited place in the world) and crossing the Zoji-la Pass (11,500-ft. / 3,505 m) to reach hill station of Sonamarg from where it’s smooth driving through the beautiful Kashmir countryside to reach Srinagar. Overnight in hotel at hotel / Deluxe house boat in Srinagar.
Day 11 : Departure Srinagar : After breakfast have a Shikara ride at Dal lake (if staying at House boat) you will get transferred to the airport in time to board flight for onward destination
- Accommodation on twin/triple sharing basis
- 10 Breakfast & 10 dinner
- Journey Manali to Leh and Leh to Srinagar by SUV cab sharing basis
- All sight seeing by Non Ac Innova/Xylo/Scorpio/Qualis/Tavera cab
- Driver Allowances, toll taxes, parking, state taxes.
- Any Air/Train/VOLVO Bus Fares- Best fares, Available On Request.
- Extra Meal other than mentioned in the plan.
- Any expenses for optional activities or tickets, unless quoted in Inclusions.
- Insurance, Items of personal nature like porterage, tips, laundry etc
- Any Entry Fees
- Any additional expenses arising out of unforeseen circumstances like flight delay / cancellation / roadblocks/landslides/ strike or any other natural causes out of human control or any emergency evacuation expenses.
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions
- Any Kind of Expense for Loss / Misplaced / Theft of personal belongings.
Ladakh is very safe, tourist friendly and cheering place, but still you need to take care of some preparations which can make your tour even better and memorable:
- Only post-paid mobile phones work in Leh-Ladakh, preferably BSNL, Airtel, Vodafone. As phones may not work at many places, keep your family members informed well in advance not to worry if they fail to contact you.
- You would hardly find any cellular network in most of the areas in Leh. BSNL works better here, however you would find Airtel signals also at some places.
- Keep ready a pair of woollen (not heavy) with you as temperature may dip as low as 5 degrees any time even during summer months.
- Carry good Sun Screen lotion, sun glasses (goggles), cap with you to avoid sunburn as sun rays are direct and can burn your skin.
- Don't forget to carry photo id with you. Passport is the best option. Driving License and Voter Cards are also valid.
- While travelling on mountains, keep drinking water and eating healthy food and fruits to avoid vomiting due to high altitude sickness and dizziness due to curby roads
- Carry headache, stomachache, anti vomiting tablets with you. Keep drinking water and fruits to avoid minor high-altitude sickness.
- Take high altitude tablets (Ask doctor for schedule of taking medicine) . Having rest and drinking enough water for some hours after reaching Leh is advised.
- Leh has only few ATM machines where you can withdraw cash. But mostly these machines witness long queues of customers and run out of cash most of the time. So carrying enough cash is advisable.
- Please respect the Buddhist and Muslim culture of Ladakh. Providing world class services in the secluded place, which is similar to an oasis, is very difficult and challenging. Still we try our best to bring cheer on your faces. If you need to do compromise at any point (though we never hope for such moment), please do cooperate us.
Terms & Condition
• If in case client wish to Prepone /postpone travel dates, so request should reach us 30 days prior to journey date via mail.
• Advance amount is non-refundable.
• The Company has complete authority to change the package costing if in future there is a hike in tariff & taxes of hotels, transportation or any other service that has been provided.
• Customers must carry the photo identification in the form of Driving License, Voter ID Card, Adhar Card, and Pan Card. At certain site seeing places/hotel, the identification proof is required for which company has no control and is mandatory
• Check In & Check Out Time as per Hotel Policies. Standard Check in is 12 PM checkout time of hotel is 10 AM. (Early Check in / late Checkout is as per hotel policies & room availabilities in hotel)
• Company reserves the right to change the Hotel accommodation due to unavoidable circumstances. In that case we may provide alternative, similar accommodation for which we are not liable to pay any refund. We will not be responsible or liable in case of loss of property at the Hotel. Similarly any damages caused to the hotel rooms during your stay, shall be payable by the Clients and the Company will not be liable for the same.
• The timings mentioned in Day schedule section are approximate timings and can be negotiated.
• Company will not be responsible for the cancellation of any event due to any unavoidable situation.
• Company will not be responsible for the cancellation of any event due to weather.
We realizes that most people who cancel their reservations do so out of necessity or emergency. Nevertheless, cancellations are costly to administer and involve dedicated staff time, communications costs and advance purchased bills. Therefore, all cancellations would be charged the following fees:
Before 30 days: 25% of the tour cost
30 - 15 days: 40% of the tour cost
14 - 7 days: 80% of the tour cost
6 - 3 days 90% of the tour cost
2 - 0 days 100% of the tour cost
If you fail to join a tour, join it after departure, or leave it prior to its completion, no refund can be made. The above cancellation fees are in addition to fees which may be levied by accommodation house properties, travel agents or third party tour and transport operator cancellation fees.
If the tour is cancelled/postponed due to landslide/snowfall/bad weather conditions/road blockade or any weather related problems at the last moment, no refund would be made. If the road is blocked and guests miss a stay at next destination, full cost of the hotel stay would be charged, in addition to tariff of the hotel booked instantly by us for their emergency stay. However, guests can book and pay hotel for emergency stay at their own expenses. If a particular destination is cancelled at last moment, full amount would be charged. This strict policy is applied as nature and its plays are beyond our control. This is rare situation but can happen to anyone.