Cultural Walking Tour of Pushkar
A walking tour of the old city of Pushkar, taking you through the mesmerizing city and its glimmering streets and alleyways.
- Take a tour of the markets which are located in the narrow alleyways of the city and some of the most beautiful temples in Pushkar.
- Visit the Brahma Temple, the only temple dedicated to the Lord Brahma 'The Creator' in the whole of India.
- Company of a knowledgeable local guide.
Experience authentic Pushkar on this amazing walking tour of the old town with your fun and entertaining storytellers/guide.
This walking tour will give you a great introduction of the city, its history, its vibrant culture, and its people with lots of wonderful stories about the city, fun facts and must do things in the city.
Pushkar is one of the oldest cities in India and known as the city of temples. It’s a city steeped in so much legend and holiness you could almost fly a magic carpet across Arabia to get here. But if your carpet won’t take off, you won’t be stuck. Ajmer is about half an hour away and you can make the trip by bus or taxi. Local buses leave regularly from the main bus station in Ajmer. Pushkar features heavily in Hindu legend, and the town was a residence for many rulers during the Mughal Empire.
- You are required to report at the Gurudwara Sahib in Pushkar at the time selected while booking.
- The host cum guide will meet you here and after a quick introduction session, the tour will start.
- During the tour, the following places will be covered.
- A historic stone Hindu temple with elaborate carvings, colourful shrines & sculpture
- A popular Lord Shiva shrine situated on the banks of Pushkar Lake, built in the 19th century
- The beautiful ghats of the city
- Rangji Temple; one of the ancient temples out of the 400 temples existing in Pushkar, a confluence of different cultures in its architecture which is an influence of the Dravidian, the Rajputana and the Mughal styles of architecture
- The Old Market, narrow lanes, heritage houses and alley of temples
- Brahma Temple, only temple dedicated to the Hindu creator-god Brahma and temple structure dates to the 14th century
- Pushkar Lake, a sacred lake of the Hindus; finds mention on coins as early as the 4th century BC
- Your 2-hour tour will end at the Bhahma Ghat of the Pushkar Lake.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 920 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.