Spiti Circuit Motorbike Tour
The 11-day tour will take you around the Spiti region of Himachal Pradesh on a motorbike OR an SUV as you choose. Starting from the Kullu Valley, the journey goes through Tirthan Valley, Jalori Pass, Sangla, Chitkul, Nako, Tabo, Kaza and Chandratal, the complete circuit.
- Option to cover the journey in motorbike OR SUV, self-owned OR rented.
- Fixed Departures: For even a single member on the available dates in the calendar.
- All Permits and Fees: No hassle of paying permit fees, entry fees or wildlife fees during your ride. It's all included in the price.
Spiti Valley is a place that would give a feel of a desert in the mountains. The headquarters of Spiti valley is Kaza. More famously called as little Tibet, Spiti gives a complete insight into the lifestyle of the inhabitants of the valley. When one enters Spiti from Lahaul one gets enchanted by the Kunzum pass. Also adjoining Kunzum pass is another breathtaking spot which is the Chandertal Lake that mesmerizes visitors with its clear blue waters. Do visit the largest monastery in Spiti which is the Kye Gompa.
- Day 1: Overnight Volvo bus journey from Delhi to Manali.
- Day 2: Arrive in Manali and take a local sightseeing tour.
- Day 3: From Manali to Sarahan crossing Jibhi, Tirthan Valley, Jalori Pass and Rampur (233 km).
- Day 4: From Sarahan to Sangla (85 km).
- Day 5: From Sangla to Chitkul (60 km).
- Day 6: From Sangla to Tabo via Kalpa and Nako (178 km).
- Day 7: From Tabo to Kaza (50 km).
- Day 8: Kaza local excursion to Key Monastery, Langza, Komic and Hikkim Village.
- Day 9: From Kaza to Chandrataal Lake (100 km).
- Day 10: From Chandrataal Lake to Manali (160 km).
- Day 11: Overnight Volvo bus journey from Manali to Delhi.
Day 1: Overnight Volvo bus journey from Delhi to Manali.
- Travel in Volvo semi-sleeper air-conditioned bus from Delhi to Manali will approximately be 12 to 14-hour journey.
Day 2: Arrive in Manali and take a local sightseeing tour.
- Once in Manali, check-in to the hotel pre-booked for you.
- After breakfast, take your bikes/SUV along with the detailed information about the routes, maps, destinations, rules and regulations which will be provided to you by your host.
- The local sightseeing tour will cover popular places of visit like:
- Hadimba Temple, Local Tibetan Monasteries, Nature Reserve and Old Manali (swaying eucalyptus, lovely roads, sweet little eateries, small kitschy marketplaces and cafes that serve your favourite continental food).
- You can also visit Manu Maharishi temple (one and only temple in India dedicated to Rishi Manu after whom the town is named).
- The overnight stay and dinner will be arranged in the hotel.
Day 3: From Manali to Sarahan crossing Jibhi, Tirthan Valley, Jalori Pass and Rampur (233 km).
- On day 3, after having some yummy breakfast, ride on for 233 kilometres while heading on towards Sarahan, this town has all the modern facilities and it can be used as a stopover before the long journey to Lahaul Spiti.
- Rampur is a small commercial hub. Satluj River is at a lower height than the surrounding areas.
- Stays will be arranged overnight at Sarahan in camps directly under a luminous star-studded sky with an exhilarating campfire.
Day 4: From Sarahan to Sangla (85 km).
- You will be travelling to one of the most beautiful valleys of the Himalayas, Sangla valley is also known as Baspa valley because of river Baspa.
- Once you enter the border of Kinnaur you will be passing through beautifully engineered roads that take you to different villages of Kinnaur district.
- You will be staying overnight at a camp/hotel in Sangla.
Day 5: From Sangla to Chitkul (60 km).
- Today, you have to follow an easy path along the banks of the Markha River, which is on the route of Markha Valley trekking.
- On your way to the Markha village, visit the religious shrines at Lhatos and stone inscriptions at Mani Walls. After crossing this beautiful river, you will arrive in the village of Markha.
- With around 20 houses, a fort and monastery, it is the largest village of the valley. As the sun is about to set, proceed towards your lodging and stay overnight over there.
Day 6: From Sangla to Tabo via Kalpa and Nako (178 km).
- After breakfast leave towards in Sangla valley, you will start your drive/ride towards Reckong Peo, the headquarter of Kinnaur and further few minutes drive will take you to Kalpa.
- Kalpa is a beautiful place overlooking the Kinner Kailash in the vicinity of the famous apple orchards of Kinnaur.
- Nako is situated at an altitude of 12014 ft above sea level with the backdrop of Reo Purgyal, the highest mountain in Himachal Pradesh. Nako is famous for its lake, Guru Padmasambhava has his footprints on a rock nearby and is revered by Buddhists all around the world.
- You will be entering Spiti valley at Sumdo and little further you will take the link road to Gyu where you will be visiting the famous mummy of the old monk.
- Later ride towards Tabo, also known as the Ajanta of the Himalayas. Lotsawa Rinchen Zangpo, the renowned translator is said to have built this monastery.
- Interestingly the statues are very similar to that of Alchi monastery in Ladakh. You will be staying overnight at camps/hotel in Tabo.
Day 7: From Tabo to Kaza (50 km).
- In the morning you will be riding/driving to Kaza and here you are into the Spiti Valleys. Kaza, located in the state of Himachal Pradesh is a famous and important town in the Spiti Valley in Lahaul and Spiti district. Situated on a ridge 11,980 ft above sea level, Kaza is a very beautiful place to visit.
- Kaza is overlooked by high mountain ridges on all sides. The town is entirely surrounded by greenery and is rich in flora and fauna. Kaza Travel guide is incomplete without a mention of its natural beauty and serene vegetation.
- The town is divided into two parts- the old and the new. The old town is located on the outer edge of the city and the major attraction here is an ancient monastery.
- Now, you have your bike/SUV and awe-inspiring with its shining colours to be explored the rest of the day.
- You will be staying overnight at the hotel.
Day 8: Kaza local excursion to Key Monastery, Langza, Komic and Hikkim Village.
- You will visit the Key Gompa Monastery and nestled between the mountains in a bowl-shaped area in the Spiti Valley is a small remote village named Langza.
- This village is situated at an altitude of 14,500 feet above sea level in the Lahaul and Spiti district of Himachal Pradesh in northern India.
- Langza is also considered to be one of the highest villages in the world with a motorable road. And Komic the world’s highest village with a road. Hikkim is a village in Lahaul and Spiti district of Himachal Pradesh state in northern India.
- Hikkim is one of the highest year-round inhabited locations in India, with residences from 4330 to 4400 meters.
- You will be staying overnight at a hotel in Kaza.
Day 9: From Kaza to Chandrataal lake (100 km)
- From Kaza you will ride/drive towards Chandrataal, there is also a motorable road available till 2 km prior to the location of the lake.
- ‘Chandra Tal’ (meaning the Lake of the Moon), or Chandra Tal is situated in the Spiti part of the Lahaul and Spiti district of Himachal Pradesh. The name of the lake originates from its crescent shape. It is situated at an altitude of about 4,300 meters (14,100 ft) in the Himalayas.
- Mountains overlook the lake on one side, and a magnificent cirque presents a view on the other. Chandra Tal offers a magnificent view at night (after sunset). While temperature drop to 0 or below degree Celsius during pre-winter, the sky is filled count-less stars & offers spectacular milky way view.
- After having dinner you will spend the night at the campsite near the lake and doze off in the tents under the dazzling sky.
Day 10: From Chandrataal lake to Manali (160 km)
- Early morning after having breakfast, you start riding/driving back towards Manali.
- On arrival, check in at hotel and time to say goodbye to your best companion, the bike/SUV which has been your best buddy throughout the entire adventurous trip.
- This will be the end of motorbiking/ SUV drive and you will be staying overnight at the hotel.
Day 11: Checkout from hotel and take the return journey to Delhi.
- On this day you will check-out from the hotel in Manali and board a Volvo bus back to Delhi.
- Accommodations at twin sharing room in hotels/camps/guest house as per the itinerary.
- Meals - breakfast and dinner (From breakfast on day-2 till breakfast of day-11).
- Royal Enfield 350cc motorbike/SUV/Traveller as per the itinerary.
- Fuel for the rented bike and SUV/traveller option as per the itinerary from day-2 to day-10.
- Experienced motorbike mechanic for the entire tour on bike.
- Volvo semi-sleeper air-conditioned bus tickets from Delhi to Manali and return.
- 1 support vehicle for a group of minimum 6 bikes.
- Tolls charges.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 21720 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.