Cultural Tour and Food Walk in Kolkata
Understand Kolkata's culture and the food which is an integral part of the day to day lives of the Bengalis who call Kolkata their home in a 4 hours walking tour.
- Experience Kolkata like a local and enjoy the best local hygienic food.
- Suitable for the non-Indian stomach.
- Explore a local market in the evening hours
Kolkata, the 'Cultural Capital of India' is a heaven for foodies and especially for people with a sweet tooth. Bengali sweets are famous and certainly needs no introduction, however; the spicy, tangy and absolutely mouth-watering dishes that Kolkata has to offer will leave you undecided on whether you like the spicy Bengali cuisine more or the melting flavours of the sweetmeats. Experiencing local cuisine is one of the best ways to explore Kolkata. You will be introduced to the best part of Kolkata's culture, let's walk, eat & explore the "City of joy".
- You will be received from your hotel/pick-up point in central Kolkata by your host at 5:00 PM or you can report at the reporting address specified in the 'Meet-up Information' section.
- Post a short meet and greet, you would be walking with your guide, they'll explain the local life and give you an idea of the food scene in Kolkata.
- In quick succession, you'll grab a famous local Katti Roll, kebabs and you will taste the finest sweets of Kolkata.
- Now it's time to jump into the maze of Old Kolkata. Your guide will take you on a walking tour around the narrow streets where you'll stop to try titbits like Pani Puris, tasty Pakodas.
- Next up, you will be driven to the banks of the river Ganges to take a walk and enjoy the best street food in the city.
- After a walk and conversations on the local food, culture and history, take some time to relax, take photos and sip a cup of tea served in a clay cup.
- Rested up, it's on to the final leg where you'll try several desserts including sweet curd, rosogolla, shondesh, jilebi & many more.
- Post the tour, you will be dropped back to your hotel in central Kolkata, or you may end your tour at the ghats of the mighty Ganges.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only in Central Kolkata).
- Bottled water.
- Coffee and/or Tea.
- Food Tasting.
- Tour escort/host.
- Air-conditioned vehicle.
- Snacks during the tour.
- Service of a tour guide.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 2200 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.