Mt. Hanuman Tibba (5932 m) Expedition 2020
Located to the north of Manali and at the western side of the river Beas stands Mt. Hanuman Tibba, with a pyramid shaped dome the mountain stands at a height of 5932 meters. This captivating mountain has a giant north face, flutter walls, rocky cliffs and icy faces.
Mt. Hanuman Tibba, also known as Solang Weissorn, was first scaled in 1912 by Gen C .G Bruce’s chief swiss guide – Henrich Fuhrer and a gurkha soldier Lal Bahadur. This party and their english employers also made the first exploratory ventures towards Indrasan (then nameless ) and Deo Tibba. Mt. Hanuman Tibba was not climbed again until 1966 (Joint Indo -British expedition under R.G Petigrew.)
The traditional route of Mt. Hanuman Tibba is from Solang Nullah. Lake Beas Kund (3540 m) is the best place for the Base Camp of Expedition. From here one can clearly see the next tough route of Tentu Pass (4996 m). The next camp is usually sets up in the Tentu Pass.
Tentu Pass is the mixture of snow, ice and rock with the gradient up to 75° to 80°, which makes the climb difficult and exhaustive. After Tentu Pass a traverse to the mountain leads us from North – West ridge to South – East ridge. During this traverse climber has to face lots of crevasses in the glacier. At the end of traverse just before the South – East ridge we will set up our summit camp.
The last phase of climb is from Summit Camp to summit which includes the climb of South- West face which later meets the South- West ridge and finally summit.
Day 1: Arrive in Manali - Drive to 'dA Base’, Haripur
- Your hosts will receive you on your arrival in Manali then drive to ‘dA Base’, the base in Haripur. Unwind after the long drive.
- You will be settled in at the base for the rest of the day. Unwind and take in the environs. Acclimatize to the environs. Go through your checklist and finish off last minute essential shopping (from Manali) for the trek. Though, it is advisable to trek light with special import on the clothing and gear.
- In the evening you'll get together for “around the bonfire” conference with the other climbers and the hosts who would be your guides on the expedition. Break the ice with some great dinner and chill with your fellow climbers.
- Make sure you drill your guides and instructors with any questions or doubts you may have pertaining to the trek. They will be happy to answer your questions and share with you a few tricks of the trade and tips to make your adventure a happy and successful one.
Day 2: Medical checkup and Acclimatization hike
- Today you'll go out in a short hike and explore the beautiful village of Soil. Later, check your gear with the guides and make sure that you offload any extra weight. Your guide will help you decide what is not required.
Day 3: Strenuous acclimatization hike
- Today you'll stretch yourselves a bit and go on a 6-hour hike with a full load (20-25 kg). We encourage that you interact with your fellow climbers and update yourself and get all queries answered.
Day 4: Drive to Dhundi (2hrs) and then start walking to Bakarthatch (5hrs) overnight stay in tents
Day 5: Bakarthatch – Beas kund overnight stay in tents at Beas kund - camp 1
Day 6: Day for acclimation overnight at camp 1 Beas kund.
Day 7: Camp1 to camp2 via Tentu pass
Day 8: Camp2 to camp 3 (trek)
Day 9: Camp 3 to summit – back to camp 3 - overnight stay at camp3.
(additional day for summit if weather conditions are bad.)
Day 10: Camp 3 to Camp 1
Day 11: camp 1 to base camp
Day 12: base camp to Dhundi , to dA Base. Overnight stay at dA Base in Manali.
Day 13: Drop to Kullu – Manali airport by 7:00 am.
If travelling by bus, spend the day at leisure, go angling in the river Beas (some nice spots near our base) or just unwind and relax at minimum additional cost.
Drop to bus stand by 4 pm.
- 2 nights stay at ‘dA Base’ located in an orchard in Haripur, Manali.
- Pick up and drop from Patlikuhl bus stand, Manali
- Stay in 2-3 men tents during trek.
- All meals during the trek (nutritious freshly cooked vegetarian)
- Services of experienced MOI/ BMC qualified lead guide and qualified assistant guide
- Kitchen equipment, cook and helper
- All the Camping arrangements
- Porterage – pony/porter for your personal belongings (in the luxury package)
- Wildlife/ environmental permits and other permits & levies.
- All transportation as per itinerary in local cars and jeeps
- ‘Leave No Traces’ protocol charges.
- Guaranteed amazing Himalayan experiential adventure holiday.
- Cost of travel to and from Manali from your city
- Cost of any form of insurance (Personal/Baggage/Medical)
- Cost of rescue, evacuation, hospitalization, etc.
- Any expenses of purely personal nature like laundry, phone/Fax calls, tips to drivers, guides, any beverages.
- Any expenses that arise due to change in itinerary and increase in no. of days because of natural forces like landslides, weather, roadblocks, flight cancellations, sickness etc.
- Nominal cost for bonfire, barbeque and all meals at our base in Haripur (choice of veg/ non-veg).
- Cost of any optional activity we offer, like paragliding, angling, rafting etc.
- Porterage for your personal bags @ Rs. 600 per person per day day for 10 Kg.
- Personal Tent (2men alpine) on Trek - INR. 1200
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Visit to IMF in Delhi mandatory for foreign nationals to get the necessary documentation & permissions.
- After the expedition/ adventure journey - de briefing in Manali.
Insurance: It is a condition of joining our trips that you must be adequately insured. All persons are expected to arrange their own insurance. Polices should cover any potential risks involved in such adventure.
Our camps and Cottage: We provide you very comfortable tents with maximum possible facilities in the mountains. For the trekking, Jeep Safaris, MTB and other adventure journeys, we provide the most luxurious camps fitted with dining areas and modern toilet facilities.
Maps: We have excellent maps, images and movies of majority of our adventure expeditions/ journeys and sports. A short briefing in our offices is highly recommended so the team understands logistics, forecast problems and know where the solutions would be. We stress on planning, planning and planning in any adventure expedition and till now we have remained successful in all of our expeditions just because of our planning. So we need you to be an active part of it.
Rescue and Helicopter Evacuation: if the expeditions are well planned, rescue operations can be avoided. For any helicopter rescue operations, normally the expenditure for these operations is paid by the insurance companies if the guest is insured. But Guest taking this adventure tour must be covered under travel insurance and the insurance should also include adventure travel and repatriation by a helicopter.
Incase guest doesn’t have any risk insurance for adventure travel and repatriation by a helicopter charges, then in such a case of emergency we would want a written guarantee from the foreign office and the guest’s travel agent that in such a case all the expenses incurred in rescue operation, extra cost immediately would have to be paid by the guest / foreign office or guest’s travel agent in advance or as soon as the operation is over as per requirement of the helicopter company or the Army
Peak booking formalities: For necessary applications either you can check the website of IMF or speak to us.
Ground transportation: We provide the ground transportation comprising of best available cars/ coaches in fine roads and rough trucks in remote areas of the Indian mountains.
Porters and ponies: We provide ponies till base camp and HAP/ LAPs as per the requirement of the expedition.
Fuel and gases: Fuel (after BC) is not a part of cost included section, but we will manage Butane / Butane propane gases for you on your timely request.
Meals: We offer a mixture of nutritious vegetarian and non-vegetarian food.
Ground Support system: We have fantastic ground support system developed in collaboration with the local people of nearest villages, army camps, porters and local guides. Our BC staff is trained to keep information of the groups at ABC and between and act as per the situation.
- 75% refund if cancelled before 45 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 30 days
- 25% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- No refund after that
*Advance payment is non-refundable
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Some of our own trek leaders are qualified, experienced ladies. All treks are extremely safe for ladies and we have a lot of solo clients who are ladies.
5 travellers found this helpful
There are no doctors on the trek; however our trek leaders are experienced in first aid and basic medical protocols.
4 travellers found this helpful
Our thoroughly researched itineraries are designed to offer you access to some of the world\'s best-kept secrets. We have personally explored the destinations we offer with in-depth knowledge that goes towards making your experience more than worth your while. However, at times due factors beyond any one’s control, situations may arise which can pose a challenge to the safety and security of the group members. To minimize any negative impact, we subscribe strictly to “Safety Protocol” which is an intensive and comprehensive compilation of safety and security measures undertaken to ensure a seamless and safe experience for its guests. There are factors which are controllable and attention to them ensures lower risks and toned down consequences.
8 travellers found this helpful
You need to carry an original ID card and a photograph.
4 travellers found this helpful
There are 3 main pre-requisite to taking expeditions in the mighty Himalayas: 1. You should have done at least 2 high-altitude treks in the Himalayas 2. You should be able to complete at 5 to 7 km run in about 30 mins 3. You should be able to walk with a 10-12 kg weight on your back for up to 6 hours Strength, stamina and strong mindset are key elements of an expedition
Our trip will start from the base camp in Haripur, 14 km short of Manali. If you are travelling by Volvo bus, you are requested to de-board at the Patlikuhal bus stand and we will receive you from there and drive you to the base camp
3 travellers found this helpful
The water during the trip is fresh and it is recommended to carry your personal reusable water bottles and filters as well.
5 travellers found this helpful
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
- Pick-up from Patlikuhal Bus Stop
₹ 32500 Per Person
Similar Exciting Activities
Also viewed by other travellers
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.