Mt. Hanuman Tibba (5932 m) Expedition 2020
Located to the north of Manali and at the western side of the river Beas stands Mt. Hanuman Tibba, with a pyramid shaped dome the mountain stands at a height of 5932 meters. This captivating mountain has a giant north face, flutter walls, rocky cliffs and icy faces.
Mt. Hanuman Tibba, also known as Solang Weissorn, was first scaled in 1912 by Gen C .G Bruce’s chief swiss guide – Henrich Fuhrer and a gurkha soldier Lal Bahadur. This party and their english employers also made the first exploratory ventures towards Indrasan (then nameless ) and Deo Tibba. Mt. Hanuman Tibba was not climbed again until 1966 (Joint Indo -British expedition under R.G Petigrew.)
The traditional route of Mt. Hanuman Tibba is from Solang Nullah. Lake Beas Kund (3540 m) is the best place for the Base Camp of Expedition. From here one can clearly see the next tough route of Tentu Pass (4996 m). The next camp is usually sets up in the Tentu Pass.
Tentu Pass is the mixture of snow, ice and rock with the gradient up to 75° to 80°, which makes the climb difficult and exhaustive. After Tentu Pass a traverse to the mountain leads us from North – West ridge to South – East ridge. During this traverse climber has to face lots of crevasses in the glacier. At the end of traverse just before the South – East ridge we will set up our summit camp.
The last phase of climb is from Summit Camp to summit which includes the climb of South- West face which later meets the South- West ridge and finally summit.
Day 1: Arrive in Manali - Drive to 'dA Base’, Haripur
- Your hosts will receive you on your arrival in Manali then drive to ‘dA Base’, the base in Haripur. Unwind after the long drive.
- You will be settled in at the base for the rest of the day. Unwind and take in the environs. Acclimatize to the environs. Go through your checklist and finish off last minute essential shopping (from Manali) for the trek. Though, it is advisable to trek light with special import on the clothing and gear.
- In the evening you'll get together for “around the bonfire” conference with the other climbers and the hosts who would be your guides on the expedition. Break the ice with some great dinner and chill with your fellow climbers.
- Make sure you drill your guides and instructors with any questions or doubts you may have pertaining to the trek. They will be happy to answer your questions and share with you a few tricks of the trade and tips to make your adventure a happy and successful one.
Day 2: Medical checkup and Acclimatization hike
- Today you'll go out in a short hike and explore the beautiful village of Soil. Later, check your gear with the guides and make sure that you offload any extra weight. Your guide will help you decide what is not required.
Day 3: Strenuous acclimatization hike
- Today you'll stretch yourselves a bit and go on a 6-hour hike with a full load (20-25 kg). We encourage that you interact with your fellow climbers and update yourself and get all queries answered.
Day 4: Drive to Dhundi (2hrs) and then start walking to Bakarthatch (5hrs) overnight stay in tents
Day 5: Bakarthatch – Beas kund overnight stay in tents at Beas kund - camp 1
Day 6: Day for acclimation overnight at camp 1 Beas kund.
Day 7: Camp1 to camp2 via Tentu pass
Day 8: Camp2 to camp 3 (trek)
Day 9: Camp 3 to summit – back to camp 3 - overnight stay at camp3.
(additional day for summit if weather conditions are bad.)
Day 10: Camp 3 to Camp 1
Day 11: camp 1 to base camp
Day 12: base camp to Dhundi , to dA Base. Overnight stay at dA Base in Manali.
Day 13: Drop to Kullu – Manali airport by 7:00 am.
If travelling by bus, spend the day at leisure, go angling in the river Beas (some nice spots near our base) or just unwind and relax at minimum additional cost.
Drop to bus stand by 4 pm.
- 2 nights stay at ‘dA Base’ located in an orchard in Haripur, Manali.
- Pick up and drop from Patlikuhl bus stand, Manali
- Stay in 2-3 men tents during trek.
- All meals during the trek (nutritious freshly cooked vegetarian)
- Services of experienced MOI/ BMC qualified lead guide and qualified assistant guide
- Kitchen equipment, cook and helper
- All the Camping arrangements
- Porterage – pony/porter for your personal belongings (in the luxury package)
- Wildlife/ environmental permits and other permits & levies.
- All transportation as per itinerary in local cars and jeeps
- ‘Leave No Traces’ protocol charges.
- Guaranteed amazing Himalayan experiential adventure holiday.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- 75% refund if cancelled before 45 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 30 days
- 25% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- No refund after that
*Advance payment is non-refundable
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 32500 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.