Saddle Peak National Park Hike
At a mighty 732m above sea level, Saddle Peak is the highest point of the Andaman Islands. Taking approximately seven hours to trek to, the trail is well marked and passes through subtropical forests with mammoth trees. An easy trek, Saddle Peak offers incredible views of the archipelago. A permit is required to visit Saddle Peak and it is advised that plenty of water is carried. Saddle Peak National Park is famous for its marine life and vegetations.
Once at the summit of the peak, you can see the vast blue sea – Kalipur beach, Craggy Island, Lamia Bay – on one side and dense forests on another. You can choose between two trails, either through the beach or the forest. It is perfect for families and youngsters.
- Breathtaking view of coast and Mountain ranges covered with dense evergreen forests
- Trek to the highest point in Andaman
- Easy trek and can be done beginners as well
- Trekking on the beach and along beautiful coastline
6:00am: Meet at the Kalipur beach by 6 am local time strictly so that you wont miss the magnifiscent view of sunrise at the backdrop of Saddle peak. From here one can easily see Saddle Peak straight ahead of you. This makes a great sight during the sunrise and a good start for the day.
7:00am - 9:30am: Continue the walk for 15-20 minutes through the beach which is followed by a jungle trek.This jungle trek ends with sumitting the Saddle Peak. During the trek you will come across many fresh water streams flowing towards the coast.
Entire trail is properly marked by signs and you will come across a village inside the park as well. Complete trek from beach to Saddle peak is about 8 KMs most of which is an easy hike and there is a trekker's hut for rest as well on the way. On the way you will cross the 'East coast' view point which gives amazing view of the Craggy Island. After about 3 hrs into the trek you will reach the summit of Saddle Peak at 732 mts.
9:30am - 2:00pm: One can spend some time there as picnic camp or near the rest points in between as the entire trip can’t be completed in a stretch
2:00pm: We start back towards the beach through the same way as wel came which will take 2-3 Hours depending upon the number of 'pic' stops taken by you :)
5:00pm: You reach back at the base where you are received.
- Pick-up from Hotel in Diglipur and drop in evening
- Packed Breakfast
- Guides and Guards
- Entry and permission for carrying out a day trip
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 2990 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.