Mount Harriet National Park Day Trip by Ferry
This sanctuary is home to a wide array of exotic plants. Trekking through the park’s dense forests is an experience of a lifetime although elephant safaris are perhaps the best way to see and experience the sanctuary at its finest.
At Mount Harriet National Park, one can spend time by taking a wildlife tour and trek up to Madhuban. The trek on this natural trail is one of the most exotic experiences for any traveler coming to tour the Andaman Islands.
- Visit the historic location that is imprinted on Indian 20 Rupee Note
- Scenic drive through curvy mountain roads to reach Mount Harriet, the second highest peak of the Andaman Islands
- Mount Harriet is located 55 km by road from Port Blair and 15 km by ferry. Mount Harriet is a 365 meters high peak in the South Andamans and is the highest in the area.
- With beautiful views from the hill top, it served as the summer headquarters of the chief commissioner during the British rule. There is a nature trail from this hill to the Madhuban forest. From this place, one can view the Indian Ocean and the other islands.
- Andaman has about 9 national parks and Mount Harriet is the most beautiful and the most popular national park. It is in the Ferrargunj tehsil of Port Blair and takes about an hour to reach. It is the second highest and the most easily accessible peak of Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- The peak offers some of the most breathtaking views of sunrise and lazily laid Andaman sea all around. The place as such does not have much to see but it can be a perfect place to relax for a day or two. It is far from any kind of noise.
- You just get to hear the birds chirping or the whistles of the win through the leaves of the thick trees. It is also ideal for those who want to do a light trek along the trail.
- Do not confuse it with the national parks that you find in mainland. It is not a park where you can see swings or find wild animals on a safari. It is a reserved area that comes under the Forest Department of Andaman and Nicobar Islands and one has to take a pass to enter the park.
- A little away from the main entrance of the park, one can see the picturesque view of North Bay Island.
- The view is so captivating that once you are there, you would never wish to come back.
- It is better to go there during the day and come back by the evening. Night halt is possible but not recommended.
- Early in the morning, after breakfast, checkout from the hotel and proceed to Chatham Jetty by road to board a motor vehicle ferry to Bamboo flat jetty, in which the travelers and also the vehicle is transported to the other end and then get down and through that vehicle proceed to Mt. Harriet.
- Spend time exploring the area.
- After the day trip, reach back to Port Blair via same route and overnight stay at the Port Blair.
- Pick up and drop to the hotel
- All travel in personal AC SUV Vehicle.
- 01 Mineral water bottle complimentary.
- Entry tickets, parking, vehicle ferry charges. Anything that is not mentioned.
- RAP, boat tickets, Island entry permits, national park tickets.
- Normal photography is complimentary.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.