Celebrate The Wild: Friends Reunion Package
It has been a long long time since you just sat down with all your pals and simply made better on new ways of killing time. J Hasn’t it? If the answer is “yes”, it is time to pack up that rucksack, load some of your favorite music and head on to ‘Base Camp’, Himalayan village retreat for a trip down the memory lane.
Call your long lost friends and catch up on ol’ times. Watch a movie that you might have seen together in the past and catch up over bbq and bonfire like it was then. All you need to do is just get there are the rest will follow. Imagine how great it would be to hang around with your long lost friends and just exchange stories or corner somebody in the gang and extract confessions and tales from him. While you are fishing or hiking around the forest, you also be covering over the years go by. With top-of-the-line service and a wide range of adventure activities to choose from, you will re-connect with each other in an environment that refreshes your souls.
Cook a meal together and muster up a cuisine that only you and friend’s taste buds can appreciate. J You will be staying together in a traditional stone and wood Himachali village home, with a tandoor and a lot of wood to keep you warm. Hike through the jungle to the magnificent waterfall.
A 2 night/ 3 day trip with us will linger for a long time. We will make all arrangements to make it a success with finesse. The trip can be customized to include Manali sightseeing and various adventure activities such as Paragliding, River Rafting, Skiing, Zip-lining, River Crossing etc.
Ever thought of what you would do or not do (depending if you look at the glass half full or half empty ), if you were far far from the maddening crowd, in the crazy wilderness of the beautiful Himalaya, surrounded with snow and raw nature, some exotic and rare wild animals that you can capture in your memory if you are lucky, with ear piercing silence and the chorus of some of the rarest of mountain birds, a brilliant and psychedelic sunrise and sunset every day you are here, with an insane amount of wood to keep your bones warm, with some awesome meal and lip smacking snacks at your beck and call, a bonfire every evening for you to share some heartwarming stories around, with nothing for you to do but chill and relax and unwind and breathe and day dream and chill again, the best quality time you can spend rediscovering and reinventing yourself…and of course, the suspended moments in time which seem to last forever in this relentless beauty of the mountains.
Day 1: Golden Meadow Hike to Soil – Bbq, Bonfire and Music
Guests will arrive in Manali either by their own vehicle or if they board a Volvo, a member from Team Mountaineerz will receive them at the Patlikuhl bus stand and help them to check in to ‘dA Base – Mountaineerz’. Unwind at ‘dA Base’ in the serene surroundings and gear up for the adventure ahead.
You can just chill out around a warm fire or bask in the warm sunshine and with a cuppa coffee and a book. You can explore the jungles and the meadows around or just enjoy some angling. ‘dA Base – Mountaineerz’ is situated in a charming village called Soil which is very close to Manali. Soil is the oldest village of the Kullu valley and has a rather rich history and stories about it. Just a walk around the village is very refreshing. The charm of interacting with the villagers and listening to their stories completes the experience in ways that can only be felt. Go for a hike and explore the “Golden Meadow” trail. If you do not want to strain your calf muscles, you would do good fetching some dinner fresh out of the river stream running by right next to you. Relax! I am talking about “Trout fishing”. The Haripur Nallah (the river stream) is renowned for its trout.
As the day draws to a close, a whole new adventure starts to unfold. Gather around a heartwarming bonfire and share stories over drinks. Be adventurous and go around collecting wood for the fire. If you had a lucky day fishing, enjoy some grilled and Bbq trout fish and other yummy snacks. Unwind around the bonfire and enjoy some amazing meal which you can also be a part of while preparing. The guests will be staying in a remote location yet surrounded with luxury and comfort.
The stories take on a different texture when heard around the glow of a campfire with something warm to sip on. Enjoy your drinks and some anecdotes and singing around the bonfire before turning in for the night in the traditional Himachali village home.
Day 2: Angling and Hike to the hidden mystic waterfall – bbq, bonfire and music
After a healthy and yummy breakfast, we will begin our day with walking around and sighting some rare birds and wild life in this area. This region is known for “Thar” or “mountain goat” and is more readily spotted in the winter time. It is during winters that the wild animals also start descending towards warmer temperatures and the probability of encountering those increases. It is absolutely imperative that we do not do anything to disturb them or this delicate biosphere.
The trail leads through thick jungles of deodar and pine. The trail, even though short, has a mix terrain and is easy to navigate. We will come across some vast open meadows and clear streams. There is nothing but wilderness and peace here.
There will be some great spots for photography with great wide Himalayan (Dhauladhar & The Great Himalayan) ranges in view and an awesome view of the sun set. Go for a walk around this place and get some rare shots in the beautiful light. Go and collect some fire wood to build a bonfire and a fire on which to cook food. Participate in cooking the local dishes to enrich your jungle experience. There are some dishes that our cooks prepare in the “desi” and “jungle” way and is great fun to watch and learn. The taste of food changes when cooked on slow wooden fire and can make all the difference to the camping experience.
Have a great dinner to mark the closing of a fun filled escape into the wild. Enjoy the company of long lost friends. Celebrate your friendship in the wild over drinks, bbq and bonfire with singing and music.
Day 3: Departure.
Wake up to yet another glorious sun rise and after breakfast prepare to depart. We will start hiking down to the road head and retrace our steps. A vehicle will pick up the guests and drop them at our base in Haripur. Refresh here and pack up for departure after lunch.
**Paragliding and Rafting can be organized at special price for those interested.
The Volvo departs from Manali at 4:00pm and we will be happy to drop the guests at the bus stand. Those guests who are using their own vehicle can plan their departure at their convenience. Of course, all guests are welcome and invited to extend their stay at dA Base – Mountaineerz for as long as they desire.
- 3 nights stay at ‘dA Base – Mountaineerz’, a Himalayan Village Retreat’ in Soil, Manali.
- Pick up and drop from Patlikuhl bus stand, Manali
- Stay in a very cozyTraditional Himachli House & in 2-4 men tents during trek.
- All meals during the trek (nutritious freshly cooked vegetarian & non- vegetarian)
- Services of experienced MOI/ BMC qualified lead guide and qualified assistant guide
- Cook and helpers.
- All the Camping arrangements
- Porterage – pony/porter for your personal belongings
- Wildlife/ environmental permits and other permits & levies.
- All transportation as per itinerary in local cars and jeeps
- ‘Leave No Traces’ protocol charges.
- Guaranteed amazing Himalayan experiential adventure holiday.
- Cost of travel to and from Manali from your city
- Cost of any form of insurance (Personal/Baggage/Medical)
- Cost of rescue, evacuation, hospitalization, etc.
- Any expenses of purely personal nature like laundry, phone/Fax calls, tips to drivers, guides, any beverages.
- Any expenses that arise due to change in itinerary and increase in no. of days because of natural forces like landslides, weather, roadblocks, flight cancellations, sickness etc.
- Cost of any optional activity we offer, like paragliding, angling, rafting etc.
- Govt. service tax at 3.96%
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Advisory about activity:
- We’ll be happy to receive you at the bus stop/ airport in Manali.
- Trekking programs in the Himalaya not necessarily would always run exactly as scheduled. Allow for unplanned long days or early camps due to weather disruptions or similar causes.
- All participants are recommended to have a travel insurance that covers trekking and wilderness travel.
- Wear shoes and clothes you are comfortable in and do not forget waterproof jackets and warm clothing.
- Soak up the atmosphere – close your eyes and take in the sights and sounds as you explore and observe.
- Do not litter the environment. Polythene and plastics are non-biodegradable and unhealthy for the environment and must not be littered or burned and should be carried back.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Some of our own trek leaders are qualified, experienced ladies. All treks are extremely safe for ladies and we have a lot of solo clients who are ladies.
5 travellers found this helpful
There are no doctors on the trek; however our trek leaders are experienced in first aid and basic medical protocols.
4 travellers found this helpful
Our thoroughly researched itineraries are designed to offer you access to some of the world\'s best-kept secrets. We have personally explored the destinations we offer with in-depth knowledge that goes towards making your experience more than worth your while. However, at times due factors beyond any one’s control, situations may arise which can pose a challenge to the safety and security of the group members. To minimize any negative impact, we subscribe strictly to “Safety Protocol” which is an intensive and comprehensive compilation of safety and security measures undertaken to ensure a seamless and safe experience for its guests. There are factors which are controllable and attention to them ensures lower risks and toned down consequences.
8 travellers found this helpful
You need to carry an original ID card and a photograph.
4 travellers found this helpful
Our trip will start from the base camp in Haripur, 14 km short of Manali. If you are travelling by Volvo bus, you are requested to de-board at the Patlikuhal bus stand and we will receive you from there and drive you to the base camp
3 travellers found this helpful
The water during the trip is fresh and it is recommended to carry your personal reusable water bottles and filters as well.
5 travellers found this helpful
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
- Pick up from Patlikuhal bus stop, 16 km before Manali
₹ 3250 Per Person
Similar Exciting Activities
Also viewed by other travellers
Manali, Lahaul & Spiti
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.