The War Cemetry is located 6 kms north from the town of Trincomalee also along Trincomalee- Pulmoddi road on the way to Nilavel. It was mainly built in the honour of the soldiers who were attacked during the second world war that took place during 1939-1945. It is among the six cemetries of Sri Lanka. The total land for each grave is one hectare and each of them is marked with the name, date of date and position of the soldiers. It is also a remarkable place for foreigners as there are remains of 364 soldiers who served during the war from different countries like France, England, Pakistan, Ceylon, India, Holland, Canada East and South Africa, Burma, New Zealand and Italy. The relatives and dear ones of the soldiers pay their adherence when they visit this cemetry.